The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 07:49:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (Mk. III)  (Read 27045 times)
Whistling Bear
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lt. Eagan D. Waynningdale

@wbillustrations
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2016, 03:14:58 pm »

Welcome 4wheel Smiley glad you found us, I'm still brand spanking new here but I'm loving it so far, welcome aboard!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2016, 08:57:51 pm »

Welcome to the forum, RedDog Frost, Whistling Bear and 4Wheel! You will definitely find more friends abd things to so as you start talking to the people in this forum. Some of us have been here for a long time, so on behalf of all of us, welcome!

Please follow the monkey butler, he will show you to your chambers. The receptions starts at 6 O'clock.

~ ~ ~

Adm. J. Wilhelm
United States Airship Orca

SolarCenturion
Snr. Officer

Stand a little less between me and the sun

« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2016, 07:19:44 pm »

Well now, it's been some time since I was here last, glad the old roost is still here. Sine I was here last, I've had two children and when you start having kids at 45 it makes your life exciting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
James Golba
Deck Hand

Gravatar

I have regain my muchness.

« Reply #278 on: June 28, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »

Hello,
      As you can see by my user name I go by James Golba. I have been looking for a new family that I can feel accepted by and just able to be myself. I have dabbled in various other hobbies from small groups to large communities. I may not always use proper spelling or grammar. I do not have a profession picked out, preferably I want to pick one that is fun and legit but at the same time has not been over done by everyone and their mother. I live in the Midwest and looking for communities near me to be a part of, to learn from and make new friends.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #279 on: June 28, 2016, 09:52:00 pm »

Hello,
      As you can see by my user name I go by James Golba. I have been looking for a new family that I can feel accepted by and just able to be myself. I have dabbled in various other hobbies from small groups to large communities. I may not always use proper spelling or grammar. I do not have a profession picked out, preferably I want to pick one that is fun and legit but at the same time has not been over done by everyone and their mother. I live in the Midwest and looking for communities near me to be a part of, to learn from and make new friends.

hey there mr Golba! Welcome to our little comunity! have fun around and feel free to talk to people!

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
The Amber Automaton
Deck Hand

« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »

I had signed up a long time ago and only made one post. Seeing i still had my account credentials when I went to browse some subjects here, I realized I hav been remiss to have never properly introduced myself or contributed anything. Long story short, I am a seamstress, tinkerer, and general restorer and curator of antiques and oddities of the past and of my own creation. Now that Ive got a little more time to work on projects and document them, expect more regular posts from yours truly, assuming something such as falling off the edge of the world or lost in space where I hope my delay would be understood
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2016, 02:01:21 pm »

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Hi guys,

I'm still pretty new to the whole Steampunk universe, I've always had an interest in it but never really embraced it. I'm an illustrator and one of the projects I was working on asked for an illustration to represent money earned through hard work, instantly I thought of the industrial revolution and Steampunk, I began my research for the illustration and before I knew it I was pretty obsessed.

Already I've made some friends, found a sea of new music, got my first convention planned and considering my costume. Very excited and feel very welcomed by the community, now I'm here, and making a start on my Steampunk character Lt. Eagan D. Wynningdale.

Have a great day folks!

WB

Welcome aboard! Where can we see your work?

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
CaptTJAtkins
Swab

« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2016, 03:15:03 pm »

Good morning all, I am Capt. Theodore J. Atkins and I am very glad to be here. I am 43, married, I am a paraeducator and I live in the Midwest (Iowa). I am not new to Steampunk, but I am new to the forum. I am a bit of a maker, and writer.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2016, 06:26:21 pm »

Welcome aboard Capt.  Looking forward to seeing your work.

midnight
Swab

« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2016, 11:44:15 am »

What can I say? I work as a journalist where I cover hard and soft news stories. My favorite stories involve Board of Alderman meetings. I enjoy researching and interviewing for a story. I like journalism because I must learn to write succinctly. This especially pertains to writing the lead. I look forward to making friends at the Steampunk Forum.
Oakley
Deck Hand

I'm an overall nice and polite person.

« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2016, 06:00:36 pm »

Hi I'm new to the forum and steampunk in general.
I'm happy to be here and to have found this place. There are not many places to go forum wise and I tried joining two groups and have not gotten anything back yet. So I joined this forum.

I look forward to being here and talking to people.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #286 on: July 28, 2016, 07:59:43 pm »

I'm happy to be here and to have found this place. There are not many places to go forum wise and I tried joining two groups and have not gotten anything back yet. So I joined this forum.

Welcome to the forum. There's no better place to start. One piece of advice I can give is to have fun. Steampunk is a as much fantasy as it is art,  history and even science.  Pull your own interests into the activity.  And remember there are no fast rules to Steampunk. It is a very flexible and undefined movement.

I've seen your posts for a couple of days now. We're starting the weekend, so expect responses to be a tad slow on Friday/Saturday, not just because it's Friday but also because of the international clock; because most users are in Europe and the US, with a few Kiwis and people from Down Under, so most of Friday will be dead, as Europeans are already on their weekend by noon American time.  Things pick up a bit on Saturday evening...
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2016, 04:38:52 pm »

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.

There are plenty of active topics at the moment- choose several and dive in, the water's fine!

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:02:35 pm by von Corax » Logged
Madame VanDeusen
Swab

« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2016, 05:47:27 pm »

Hello. I'm new here and just discovered the lovely world of Victorian Steampunk. My name is Linda. I'm 49. Wife, mother... basically your average boring housewife! lol However, in my Steampunk "world" in my imagination I am Madame VanDeusen. That's about as far as I have gotten.

I just started a page on Facebook for all my Steampunk world things. I try to make my page different by featuring interesting and informative articles. Also, when I share images, I try to put the description in of what the item is. I only have 1 like for my page (but then again, I just started it yesterday).

I've also found some wonderful reads through my Kindle Unlimited account. Lots of free stuff. Currently I am reading "Evangeline and the Alchemist" By Madeleine D'Este. It seems to be a very interesting story of a young girl trying to hunt down an alchemist who is selling iron that is disguised as gold.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #289 on: August 09, 2016, 09:21:36 pm »

Welcome Madame VanDeusen.
 Feel free to leave the everyday behind here and let your imagination run riot with your steampunk character.
Enjoy!
Regards
Cora

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Prof. Cecily
Snr. Officer
Spain Spain

« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2016, 09:55:14 am »

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Madame VanDeusen, welcome aboard.
I'd love to see your FB page- could you provide a link, please?

I remain yours,
Prof. Cecily
Professor Neville Edgar W
Swab

T4Druid
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2016, 08:25:10 pm »

Hi There & Thank you for allowing me to join.

My name is Nev and my SP Name is Professor Neville Edgar Winchester, III
I have been interested in Steampunk for a while but have only recently started to develop myself. I love fiddling with things, mechanical, electrical/electronic, always fixing things which is part of my profession - (Precision Engineer) now working for as a platform maintainer.
I am fascinated by the concept of a Victorian realm with modernistic infrastructure, buildings, transport etc..

I hope to get to know you all in the near future.

Peace

Nev.

The World Is Full Of Kings & Queens, Who Blind Your Eye's & Steal Your Dreams
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2016, 10:25:41 pm »

Welcome, Professor Winchester.
Just jump right in and you'll soon get to know people and enjoy the splendidness of steampunk and Brass Goggles.

Regards
Cora Courcelle
flycheese
Officer

Ens. Jeb X. Wisman

« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »

Hi, I am Flycheese. I found Steampunk while browsing the internet and have been to a few concerts and the Asylum Festival. I joined this site to talk to like minded people and find out about events that are happening.
Tillybean
Deck Hand

« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2016, 10:14:32 pm »

Hello there. I am really new to SP but did have a baptism by fire by attending the recent Asylum Festival in Lincoln earlier in the week. I thoroughly loved it. I was very shy and didn't dress up for fear of seeming out of place, but having met some amazing people over the day, and seeing all the wonderful outfits and accoutrements, I am hooked!

I have already booked my hotel for next years Asylum!!

Really looking forward to this new chapter in my life.

PS - if anyone is going to the Time Machine in Cambridge on 15 October I would love to say hi as I will be there too.
Erl of Compton
Swab

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #295 on: September 05, 2016, 04:06:12 am »

Good morning, afternoon and evening gentlefolk.

This lowly scribe begs a moment of your time for a brief introduction.

Although I have encountered many steampunk tales in my extensive readings in both the science fiction and fantasy genres, I have only recently begun my own ventures into the fabrication of fiction in this esteemed, if somewhat quirky, subgenre. I am currently in the process of creating a world, plot, and characters who, if my skill is great enough, will delight readers with a unique conconction of steampunk/cyberpunk/deiselpunk and biopunk.

My sincere hope is that, in due course, there may be some among your ranks who would be willing and able to offer advice, guidance, and perchance, even encouragement of my unworthy enterprise.

Until then I am your humble servant,
the Erl of Compton.
Colonel Hawthorne
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #296 on: September 05, 2016, 09:29:30 am »

Hearty welcomes, flycheese, Tillybean and my lord Compton.

You'll find this a splendid place for a chat, advice or a nice cup of tea.  Hop into the forums and have a jolly good explore, and if you get lost there are very friendly natives who can help.

I look forward to hearing more from you all in due course.

Best,

Hawthorne

Colonel Sir Julius Hawthorne
H.M. Air Privateers (Retd.)

http://capitalsteampunknz.org

Whatever did we do before retro-futurism?
Charlie Knill
Deck Hand

« Reply #297 on: September 18, 2016, 08:52:02 pm »

Hello everyone  Smiley My name is Charlie and I am  an 18 year old interested in getting in to the world of Steampunk  Smiley
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #298 on: September 19, 2016, 04:17:51 am »

Hello, Charlie, and welcome to Brass Goggles. I think you'll find we have a little something for practically everyone here. Where do your particular interests lie?

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Charlie Knill
Deck Hand

« Reply #299 on: September 19, 2016, 12:31:33 pm »

Hello, Charlie, and welcome to Brass Goggles. I think you'll find we have a little something for practically everyone here. Where do your particular interests lie?

Thank you van Corax  Smiley I am interested in dressing up and roleplaying as well as trying my hand at making things  Smiley Also I am due to be moving to Dorset next month and am interested in meeting other Steampunkers from that area. Once I have moved and settled in I will investigate joining The League of Bournemouth Steampunks as this is the only Steampunk group that I can find that is near where I will be living.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: