The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 06:31:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clockwork Alchemy 2015  (Read 1991 times)
Alva Maria
Officer
United States United States

« on: October 08, 2014, 05:01:56 am »

Just taking a quick poll of things those of us who attend this convention, what would you like to see from next year's gathering? As a disclaimer, I'm not involved in the planning or organization of the event, but I'm honestly curious about what you think should be included next year? More musicians? Panels? Workshops?

Personally I'd like to see a certain automaton band back in the musical Guest of Honor slot, but that's only my two cents.
Lady Toadflinger
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 04:50:19 pm »

Years ago I attended a CostumeCon swap meet at the the same Doubletree. It wasn't very large, but I scored some nice bits and pieces for garb making. I'd like to see a similar event at Clockwork. (This was strictly a swap, not to be confused with the vendor hall.) My friends and I tried to attend the swap at Fanime last year, but the line to get in was ridiculous, so we gave up.  Come to think of it, I'd love to see a lot more vendors this year at Clockwork. How about a Croquet tournament, if we can find the proper location?

This isn't the Junior Chamber of Commerce, Brad!
Alva Maria
Officer

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:27:02 am »

Actually, unless someone absolutely objects to it, there's that place on the second story foyer where the piano sits-- I don't know if indoor croquet is an actual event, but if I recall the only grass I remember is on the lane dividers!
Lady Toadflinger
Snr. Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 03:12:40 am »

Hmmm...perhaps we could create an indoor croquet event, although the downstairs rooms would work better to contain wayward croquet balls! Cheesy
Sumer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 07:48:08 am »

Hi,

This is exceptionally decent and wonderful post.
I am very happy joine this forum.
I like it exceptionally much....!!!!
Thanks alot...

Smiley
Alva Maria
Officer

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 03:49:45 am »

Well we have a lineup for the Musical GUests now! Showing up at CLockwork Alchemy 2015 will be Frenchie and the Punk and none other than Professor Elemental himself!
Lady Toadflinger
Snr. Officer

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 05:25:44 pm »

Sounds great, but it looks as if I won't be attending this year. All of the rooms at the Doubletree are booked, and it isn't even possible to get on the wait list for a room. It appears that Fanime people have grabbed most of the rooms and are waiting for some to open up in the hotels closest to Fanime. I don't know why the hotel won't open up more rooms for Clockwork attendees. Angry
Alva Maria
Officer

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 04:47:26 pm »

That's ridiculous! Well I hope you live close enough to make it out to one of the performance days though, I'd hate for people to miss it. :c
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 01:43:49 am »

Seems like poor planning on the hotel's part, playing host to two separate conventions on the same date.
Alva Maria
Officer

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 07:18:30 am »

As far as I know, It's been like this for a long while. The Doubletree is about 4 miles from the other convention, so it's close enough all of the people going to fanime want to stay there, since the ones closest to the convention get booked solid within seconds. It wasn't a problem last time I went, but it seems with growing attendance, there might be changes happening soon. Which I wouldn't mind, but attendance might be scarce this year if there are no hotels nearby for everyone else who wants to go to Clockwork...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: