The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 11:35:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona names  (Read 139619 times)
Vulcania_Submarine
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #1500 on: February 20, 2013, 02:53:58 am »

For some reason people like to call me Nemo.  I have no idea why, though.   Cool

VULCANIA SUBMARINE: We wuz Steampunk before Steampunk wuz!  :-)
DR.Robert Quincey Bobbins
Deck Hand

« Reply #1501 on: February 25, 2013, 05:10:48 am »

It took 4yrs to come up with mine,I wanted something unique so Dr. Bobbins was born. Grin

What? your bicycle broke?........well you're the one that wanted it collapsible
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #1502 on: February 25, 2013, 07:11:43 am »

the Honorable Miss Primrose Chancella Leigh, Primleigh to close friends.
The Honourable is the correct designation for someone who is of the landed gentry but not a peer (i.e. Lady X, Duchess etc.)  She is a lady with sufficient capital, both monetary and social, of her own to travel/adventure in ways not common to single women of her status.  Chancella is courtesy of Nephele and I liked it.  Primrose/Primleigh because it played off the prim manners instilled by governesses and plays off the fact that she, out of custom and comfort indulges in both whether bargaining with an airship pirate, attending the theater with a gentleman or having tea with a Japanese courtesan.  
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #1503 on: March 08, 2013, 07:30:06 pm »

Steampunk name Generator :p

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
Koenig
Officer

« Reply #1504 on: March 08, 2013, 07:41:12 pm »

My user name is Koenig because that is my family name and I like to keep things simple.
Mermaiden
Deck Hand
Denmark Denmark

« Reply #1505 on: March 09, 2013, 04:01:12 pm »

My hair looks like the stereotypical mermaid's hair - however "Mermaid" is taken on pretty much every forum I have ever encountered.
The distinct postfix in Denmark, used instead of a "the" in front, is "-en" - hence Mermaiden.
Dr Anima T.M. Bibbye
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #1506 on: March 25, 2013, 08:15:17 pm »

Well, Dr came from that I have recently finished studying for my doctorate!
Anima just popped into my head and the last part Bibbye is an old version of a surname in my family.

The T.M. part came from a joke name from my childhood.....typhoid mary!  If i started to get ill i'd pass it on to my elder brothers and be fine! pre-emptive revenge on older brothers Smiley

Explorer of ancient civilisations, student of ancient pathogens, doodler, seamstress, devourer of fiction.
GameraGX
Gunner

Student of Occult Studies

« Reply #1507 on: March 30, 2013, 06:45:51 am »

Well, Dr came from that I have recently finished studying for my doctorate!
Anima just popped into my head and the last part Bibbye is an old version of a surname in my family.

The T.M. part came from a joke name from my childhood.....typhoid mary!  If i started to get ill i'd pass it on to my elder brothers and be fine! pre-emptive revenge on older brothers Smiley

Congratulations on your doctorate!

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Ian Mcbean
« Reply #1508 on: April 02, 2013, 05:58:28 pm »

My real first name is Ian and it rhymes with Mcbean. I originally considered Dr. When but thought it was a touch too cheesy.
Pixilight
Deck Hand

Miss Scarlet Jenah Blythe III

« Reply #1509 on: April 11, 2013, 02:31:25 pm »

Well, I have always been rather small and in high school people started calling me pixie, so when I opened and etsy shop I called it Pixidark and it ended up changing it to pixilight on some forums as a reference to a completely terrible Stephen King book. I used it here because I had yet to some up with a suitable name for my steampunk persona.
RemCecchino
Deck Hand

« Reply #1510 on: April 18, 2013, 11:23:16 am »

Well my name (character) is Rem Cecchino (pronounced chekeeno). He is a wild west bounty hunter, so Rem is short for Remington and Cecchino is italian for sniper (plus I thought it sounded pretty cool).
Prof E P Jenkins
Gunner
England England

Theoretical Temporal Litterateur

« Reply #1511 on: April 18, 2013, 12:13:07 pm »

Of course this may be something of a faux pas, but my handle is my actual name! With the additional of the 'Prof', naturally. It makes me sound classy.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1512 on: April 27, 2013, 10:06:49 am »

Aubreay was one that my best friend decided fitted my personality and I decided how I was going to spell it. Then for the surname I decided that I wanted some sort of double barrelled one, so after listening to my friends suggestions and dismissing them all I felt that Fallowfield just felt right.

Incidentally I chose his whole name Orinoco Flynn although he surely will tell everyone that it was his entire creation Cheesy

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Wirenth
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1513 on: May 14, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »

I ahve used my favourite character from a sci-fi fantasy book as my forum name but when I am out in "steam" at events or fancy dress parties etc I am Lady Arabella. I haven't got a surname for the persona as yet as I and so she is relatively new
Lady Ris
Deck Hand

« Reply #1514 on: May 18, 2013, 02:38:21 am »

I'm currently writing a Steampunk novel and I took "Lady" from my main character's grandmother. I also wrote a traditional fantasy novel with the main character "Ris" who is a Fire Mage. And thus was I born. (For this manifestation, at least.)

“I believe you will find my daughter is not at all faint hearted.”
nellspaulding
Deck Hand

Antiquarian and avenger

« Reply #1515 on: May 24, 2013, 12:34:45 am »

My persona name is pretty new - came up with it after the Steampunk World's Fair this past weekend.

One of the characters I do is Captain Geoffrey T. Spaulding (Groucho Marx's character in Animal Crackers) and so I thought it might be fun to have a persona for my usual non-drag self that could be his sister. So Lenora Odessa Spaulding (Nell to her friends) was born! Nell is an antiquarian, art historian, and expert in all things classical, brought suddenly into the modern age by the murder of her other brother, Ellsworth Emerson Spaulding. Ellsworth was just on the verge of discovering a cure for neurasthenia when he was killed, and his notes were stolen. While keeping one foot in the past, Nell vows to avenge him and to find what was stolen.

I'll be earning my Ph.D. next year, and when I do, I think Nell will be promoted to Professor also.
daiquiri symthe
Deck Hand

« Reply #1516 on: May 24, 2013, 02:16:52 pm »

Wilhelmina Daiquiri Symthe. Willie to my friends, have hip flask, will travel, always up for adventure, never wears a bustle. Hurrah. Daiquiris are my favorite thing and the rest just appeared,
Baron_Artificium
Deck Hand

« Reply #1517 on: June 03, 2013, 12:34:08 pm »

The name I like for my prosona  is Herr Baron Krupp. Gentleman, Artificium, Scholar, and Arms dealer.
TheBrassDuke
Gunner

The Brass Duke

« Reply #1518 on: June 06, 2013, 06:24:02 pm »

The Brass Duke, obviously. Wink

~The Brass Duke~

"What our dreams imagine, our hands create."
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #1519 on: June 07, 2013, 03:16:42 am »

The Brass Duke, obviously. Wink
Afraid I'm not familiar with the Brass Duke. Could you fill us in, please?

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
AnimaculeCracker
Swab

Oryx Faraday

« Reply #1520 on: June 13, 2013, 10:33:31 pm »

Oryx came from a Margaret Atwood novel. An oryx is also a gazelle-type animal. They can withstand really extreme daytime heat in the desert, so they just stand in the sun until they get really hot...that way when it gets cold in the desert at night they're all right, since it takes so long for them to cool off. I thought that was neat.

Faraday came from the Faraday cage, but is also, therefore,  the name of the person who created the Faraday cage.

I was 17 and thought I was really awesome, that's really where it came from.

"The earth is a conductor of acoustical resonance"
-Nikola Tesla
Philip
Gunner

If you can not be good, be good at it.

« Reply #1521 on: July 04, 2013, 01:02:52 pm »

I used my first name and got a last name from a steampunk name gen. site

Have gone to find myself, if I should return, please ask me to wait.
Requim
Deck Hand

Daveth Lunarium: Adventurer Extrordanaire

« Reply #1522 on: July 25, 2013, 06:19:24 am »

Well...Daveth Lunarium is my all around use name for anything not me (rp, other personas, my fursona, etc)...I came across the name when I was playing Dragon Age: Origins, and I really liked the sound of it so much that I decided I wanted it...though then, while I was watching Little Britain with my dad, one of the characters was named Daveth...I was shocked really...

Now, I also have some pen names (I think every good adventurer needs some): Eros/Cupid, Requim(spin-off of Requiem), Mercury, Lance, and Serenity.
Pantaleon
Gunner
Germany Germany

« Reply #1523 on: July 25, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

Pantaleon is my all-round Pseudonym. It's the name of the saint of Physicians. Although I am an Atheist, I still am interested in christian mythology. Also, it it slightly similar to my real name (Paul) and has a somewhat dignified sound to it.
As specific steampunk persona, I use Herr Pantaleon. "Herr" is just the German equivalent of "mister." Also, I gracefully omit having a first name Wink
Lazaruslong2001
Gunner

« Reply #1524 on: July 26, 2013, 01:25:34 pm »

My fist name, Gwen, is a play on my real name, Jennifer, which I like better then Jennifer  anyway. "grimm" come from "Bother's Grimm", the writers.... I love those stories, sooo. Gwen Grimm it is... Has a nice ring to it too.  Wink
It does.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: