The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 12:06:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona names  (Read 137812 times)
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #1450 on: August 18, 2012, 08:16:27 am »

I'm usually Ktara Xeilias (Keh tar ah  Zee lee ass) in any game I play.  It came from creating a character in Star Wars Galaxies.  I did a lot of "free typing" (think supernatural free writing, but with a keyboard).  There was much backspacing and retyping, then they killed the minstrel...hooray!

I think for a steampunk name/persona though I'm going with Elye Viktor.  Victor was my grandfather's name, but I like the K in there instead.  I'm a general Ms. Fix-it, so I'm using mechanic/engineer style for my clothing.  I've never been a "girly girl", so dresses just aren't my thing. 

Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #1451 on: August 18, 2012, 10:26:45 am »

*snip* I'm a general Ms. Fix-it, so I'm using mechanic/engineer style for my clothing.  I've never been a "girly girl", so dresses just aren't my thing. 
A song for you;
The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing - Goggles

Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
ktara
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #1452 on: August 19, 2012, 09:15:39 am »

Thank you Sir Henry!  Excellent taste those chaps have  Cool
Ada Thorold
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1453 on: September 01, 2012, 09:07:31 pm »

Continuing my rounds of the introduction topics:

The idea for my alias comes from my family tree (I am a keen genealogist). The Thorolds were a rather disreputable family of minor nobles from which I am proudly descended. Scandalous affairs in Italy and a stint in debtor’s prison are the most obvious indiscretions.

As for Ada; I came across the name during my research and liked the sound of it. Of course in steampunk terms it is a nod to Ada Lovelace, an excellent role model for my steampunk persona as well as my 21st century computer scientist/mathematician self.

~A~
Cath Hulu
Deck Hand
Wales Wales

« Reply #1454 on: September 07, 2012, 10:42:47 am »

My name is also my roller derby persona! I am a Lovecraft fan plus I was looking for something that had a good play on words - the people who get it really get it and I've had a few OMG moments Smiley  I figured it would also make a good steampunk persona and who knows maybe I can combine my two loves!

Those who wander aren't always lost
h0wb0y
Deck Hand
United States United States

People ignore design that ignores people...

« Reply #1455 on: September 09, 2012, 04:17:34 am »

My entire life, I have been intrigued with mohawks.  Not because of its punk connotations - but partly because I have Native American heritage and partly just because. I decided that I wanted a blue mohawk after high-school.  I quickly met that goal.  Shortly thereafter, I moved to Wyoming - and - well, let's just say the wonderful inhabitants of "The Cowboy State" didn't take too kindly to the mohawk.  Little to their knowledge, despite my appearances, I grew up in Kansas working with cattle, horses, farming, etc. and I was more of a real cowboy than most of the people I ran across...  With that said, if I was going to be treated like a punk, then I was going to be a punk...

I went to a shop and bought the most expensive black cowboy hat I could find.  When the already glaring gentleman behind the counter asked if I needed him to box it up, I told him that I still had some adjustments to make.  He asked me what "adjustments" I could possibly want to make - being that it is a completely custom fitted hat.  I replied by pulling my knife out and cutting a slit down the middle so my mohawk could stick out.  The man behind the counter was so baffled that you could hear him actually breathing heavy.

A couple months went by and I like the hat so well that I went back to the shop and bought another one just like it - but left it without a slit.  The day after I made that purchase, the hat came up missing while I was hosting a party.  I knew that it was someone that was still there and I knew that the hat was still in the house - so my investigation began...  By investigation, I mean being heavily intoxicated and shoving practically every single person I saw up against something and demanding to know "Where the F*** is my howboy cat"...

I found the culprit - he found out how to fly off of a second story balcony - and the nickname stuck...

If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools...
Phineas B. Catteri
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

The rabbit of Time bids you Happy Days

« Reply #1456 on: September 09, 2012, 05:39:12 pm »

'Every great man has a story to tell. Tales of adventure, daring, chivelry and strength. But it would seem that even those not-so great men, like myself, also has a story to tell. However, my tale is not one of great victories, of overcoming insermountable odds, or even a tale of damsels in distress. No my tale is simply one of survival. The survival of a common man, from a common place, who lived an entirely common life; well of course, that was the case, until he stumbled upon a trans-dimensional travel device.....Needless to say, the tale becomes a little less common after that!'

Phineas B. Catteri is the name of my Steampnk 'character'. he was formed out of the first few bits of Steam gear I purchased: A Time-Traveller hat, and a cyper-cog implanted eye-patch. I love creating characters when I am bored, or when my mind needs a distraction. 'Phineas' came from the internet handle I use for most things. I have shortened it to Phe, and I left that any character I created should reflect it. So Phe became Phineas. 'B.' came from the general disposition of the character himself. He is a very energetic, erratic, slightly mad individual, as most individuals who mess with time/space are, so having an obscure middle initial seemed to fit. 'Catteri' came from............nowhere. It sounded silly, it fit the name and persona, and here I am, Phineas B. Catteri, the Rabbit of Time, Space and everything in between.

Pivole
Gunner
England England

Salvum Terram Meam!

« Reply #1457 on: September 10, 2012, 10:57:17 am »

Mine came from being interrupted half way through writing the word 'pivoted'. I thought as it sounded pretty cool, so Lieutenant Emil Horiz Pivole ended up as a mechanical cavalry pilot. He ended up surrounded by mutants, with a grenade in his cockpit, but he lives on as my name in every forum of which I am a member.
I've no idea where he sounds like he's from, but he's a South Staffordshire man.

Fellowship is life!
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1458 on: September 10, 2012, 02:40:48 pm »

I've no idea where he sounds like he's from, but he's a South Staffordshire man.
He sounds like he comes from some part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire to me, so South Staffs. is close enough. Wink
Captain Shipton Bellinger
Master Tinkerer

Why the goggles..? In case of ADVENTURE!

« Reply #1459 on: September 10, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »

He sounds like he comes from some part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire to me, so South Staffs. is close enough. Wink
Living as I do in South Staffordshire I really ought to take exception to that remark.

Sadly, however, I think you are entirely correct.  Sad

I maintain, however, that my liitle bit of Staffordshire is, in reality, North Warwickshire, regardless of those dreadful 1974 boundary changes.

Capt. Shipton Bellinger R.A.M.E. (rtd)

Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1460 on: September 10, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »

Ah yes, I remember the annoyance of the locals when we moved from Berkshire to Oxfordshire without going anywhere that year. Though, being a teenager at the time, I had other things on my mind Wink .

As to taking exception, please don't. My real world name sounds equally Austrian but is, in fact, from Scotland so it was said with affection.
Val
« Reply #1461 on: September 10, 2012, 06:33:36 pm »

My name is Val, I used my own, I get confused if I use an alias. Grin
Fredigar
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

Known by few, forgotten by everyone else.

« Reply #1462 on: September 16, 2012, 06:27:19 am »

I found the alias Fredigar when my friends and I were playing Unreal Tournament (a randomly generated name); while we were waiting our AAFC squadron evening training to begin; and the name stuck. Fredigar serves primarily as my online persona; its useful as I can add various titles to it and the name can adapt to most genres of video games/books etc.

Fredigar; now with his alter ego D.L. Paenularius, the fine cloak destroyer?
pressure-cooker
Gunner
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #1463 on: September 19, 2012, 10:47:38 am »

I chose the name Pressure-cooker based on my profession. Being a cook I'm often under a lot of pressure, so it was fairly obvious...

Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
Esper Ranger
Deck Hand

Imagineering Done Right!

« Reply #1464 on: September 19, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »

I came up with my alias when I moved to Japan way back in 1991. I was exposed to the original Japanese version of Power Rangers before they started broadcasting in the USA (and long before I'd heard of the internet). I was interested in tabletop role-playing games, especially TSR's Marvel Super Heroes. I created my own ranger team of young people with psionic abilities.

ESPer is the term Japanese prefer to use in place of psychic and I like it too since the latter word has been dirtied by fake fortune tellers. People sometimes treat me like I'm Radar O'Reilly from M*A*S*H with my ability to say something right before it happens. I'm also great at getting songs stuck in peoples heads. So I took the team name and began using as my screen name once I became an internet regular in the late 90s.

I still love tabletop RPGs and Japanese power rangers BTW.
Annalei Butterfly
Deck Hand

AnnaLilyMaria
« Reply #1465 on: September 22, 2012, 07:55:50 pm »

My persona name, Annalei Butterfly is composed of two things

Annalei is my Steampunk double , Captain Annalei, airship pirate

and

Butterfly is my spirit creature (funny how the two merge together) a symbol of frivolity, fragility, and beauty ^.^ it is also in the name of my design/photography studio.

~.Captain Annalei of The Galleon.~
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1466 on: September 28, 2012, 07:11:06 am »

Ah, spam. My favourite way to start the day.  Wink
pressure-cooker
Gunner
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #1467 on: September 29, 2012, 05:57:06 am »

In that case, especially for you Sir Henry:
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1468 on: September 29, 2012, 08:29:10 am »

No fair! Our lovely mods remove the 4 spam posts, but not my post pointing this out (except the part where I said they could delete my post along with the spam, bizarrely) leaving us with a hanging surrealism. OK, put that way maybe not so bad...

But spam sushi? Really?

pressure-cooker
Gunner
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #1469 on: September 30, 2012, 07:22:43 am »

It fits in nicely with the surrealism....
CraigHallam
Deck Hand

Gravatar

@craighallam84
« Reply #1470 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:14 am »

No fair! Our lovely mods remove the 4 spam posts, but not my post pointing this out (except the part where I said they could delete my post along with the spam, bizarrely) leaving us with a hanging surrealism. OK, put that way maybe not so bad...

But spam sushi? Really?

Having come into this thread a little late on, I'm definitely feeling a melting clocks aesthetic Cheesy

EmpressKirix
Deck Hand

I was never gone,just lurking.

« Reply #1471 on: October 04, 2012, 07:35:48 am »

I recall at some point way way back,Kirix came about because of Kingdom Hearts and slowly became my chosen name for most things.
The title,well,some of the older members may recall when I attempted to begin discussion of a KAG-like steampunk group called the Empire.
It fell through very quickly,but I will always hold onto my title of Empress Kirix;sovereign of all the skies and the deepest wood.

Eternal Empress of the International Steam Armada
Mechanic and Kraken wrangler of the H.E.V Unseelie Rebel
Current Make-Up:59% Organic/Aetheric 41% Mechanical
Desirae
Deck Hand

Advertised product may not match reality

« Reply #1472 on: October 15, 2012, 06:10:22 pm »

Desirae is one of the names I get from mangling existing words to form names.

It's also one of the aliases of one my Shadowrun Characters.

Other names I go by online are Maskerade (often), Drace Ferox (rarely), one of which is a play on words, and the other of which is also a character from a different RPG I play.

How do I know you're not a figment of my imagination?
Lord Jasper
Deck Hand

Timetraveling gentleman, adventurer, tophat wearer

« Reply #1473 on: October 16, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »

Mine is my alias for many things (and yes, I have been using it long before Twilight came out) the full name is: Cayl Joshua Jasper
Cayl, because its my self-appointed nickname, Joshua, because it is my real middle name, and Jasper, because it sounded cool.

They have the nerve to call me a "rogue"... I rather like the sound of that...
J. Lavern
Gunner

« Reply #1474 on: October 16, 2012, 09:03:39 pm »

Mine a mash up of my grandfather and his brothers names, J. (James) was my grandfather who died before my birth, was a hard working man that founded the family business that still continues today.  Lavern, who died when i was around 2, rose from a local barber to a renowned artist in acrylic, oils, watercolor, plus bronze sculpure. He was buried as a "Pennsylvania Artist of Note". Both of whom greatly inspire me and i really wish i could have known them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: