The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 12:00:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persona names  (Read 139524 times)
Lt. Thomas Corvidae
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Gentleman Artist and Collector of Curious Things

« Reply #1425 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27:26 pm »

My username is my real middle name and my mother's maiden name. My "alter ego" (if i had one) would be an eccentric upper-class lady, and this sounded like a good name for her.

Nordenswan!? That is just an awesome surname!

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
Lawrence Nathaniel Brassp
Deck Hand

Inventor, Bounty hunter, and Organ Repossession Man

ubercrock
« Reply #1426 on: May 12, 2012, 10:30:34 pm »

Well Lawrence is a name my friends gave me because, according to them I look like a Lawrence. Nathaniel is an extended version of Nathan, which is a character of an opera I like. And Brassp is a shortened form of Brasspipe.

This is Night Surgeon, signing off.
Duke_Bellorum
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1427 on: May 23, 2012, 04:58:57 pm »

Ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated with Arthurian myth and legend, and when I started online most of my names were plays upon various spellings of his surname along with various titles he was referred to with, such as Dux Bellorum.

When I joined up here I decided that wasn't really steamy enough, so I tweaked the Dux to Duke.

Artimus Titanium
« Reply #1428 on: May 31, 2012, 07:33:25 pm »

I just like the first name and i work with huge lumps made out of the second lol
Burgess Shale
Officer

« Reply #1429 on: May 31, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »

While reading the blog Boing Boing, I had seen a video featuring a song about the Burgess Shale formation performed by paleontologists. In the comments, I had joked that Burgess Shale would be the name of my Steampunk persona. The idea is that Shale is an underground explorer and that all past eras and civilisations have remnants tucked away in caverns deep within the Earth.

Dean of the Department of Palaeontology at the American Institute of Natural History and Decorative Arts
Daedalus Forge
Gunner
Wales Wales

I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it.

DaedalusForge
« Reply #1430 on: June 09, 2012, 09:45:43 pm »

My full name and title is Captain Daedalus Dashwood Forge.  I wanted something that suggested an adventurer and engineer (who's a bit of a rake, on the side - ha, ha), so Captain, to suggest the adventurous aspect of my personality; Daedalus, after Icarus and Iapyx's father, the skillful artisan and craftsman from Greek mythology; Dashwood, after Francis Dashwood, founder of the Hellfire Club; and Forge because it not only suggests making things (and also a metalwork forge), but also alludes to the fact that Captain Daedalus Dashwood Forge isn't my real name.  Grin

"The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken."  Capt. Daedalus Dashwood Forge, immediately prior to the Battle of the Weddell Sea, Antarctica.
The Brass Baron
Deck Hand

« Reply #1431 on: June 10, 2012, 07:14:52 pm »

I wanted an interesting aristocratic-sounding name, a sort of wealthy steam punk adventurer and since brass seems a staple steam punk material, The Brass Baron it was!

Clive.

To stop asking "why?" is to stop living.
daynesteamhead
Swab

« Reply #1432 on: June 11, 2012, 10:49:38 pm »

well iots quite simple really. my name i personify is "red the great" i dabble in a bit of steampunk art as well as i am hoping to soon start making short films with a friend of mine. my alternate persona is an adventurer /mad scientist. of course everyone uses thsat but its a verriy interesting combination to use. at times it can be fun nothers slow but i allways find myself coming up with a new discovery of a new way to do things. anyways feel free to contact me if you wish. untill then, la vie boheme my brothers and sisters! long live the cog!

la vie boheme my brothers and sisters!
Calvin Sinclair
Gunner

Oddities salesman, tinkerer, and general madman

« Reply #1433 on: June 14, 2012, 10:53:41 pm »

I came up with "Calvin Sinclair" in 9th grade, but I didn't turn it into a Steampunk persona until later. I've always liked the name Calvin. The Sinclair part came from a Tanqueray commercial. Snazzy sounding, eh? To me, the combination sounded French, which is neat because I'm French.

Always on the run!
Der_Doktor
Deck Hand

« Reply #1434 on: June 19, 2012, 05:20:43 am »

Hallo..  ich bin Der_ Doktor..

"Hello..  I'm The Doctor" auf Deutsch.. Wink

Big Dr Who Fan..    Tell me that Tardis console isn't Steampunky..  go on..  pull the other one..  Wink

(at first I registered "Herr_Doktor" until I noticed we had a mod with almost the same name so I waited a day and reregistered to avoid any confusion.)

GERONIMO.....!!!!
Boston Jones
Gunner

« Reply #1435 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:44 pm »

I wanted a simple and exacting name, one the declared new money and power.

Boston Jones is perfect and memorable.

"Countries do not exist where I am from.
The discovery of the Higgs boson led to limitless power,
 the elimination of poverty and Kit-Kats for everyone.
It is a communist chocolate hellhole and I'm here to stop it ever happening."
-Eloi Cole
Jedediah Solomon
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

If all else fails, get a larger hammer

« Reply #1436 on: June 20, 2012, 01:06:05 pm »

Both my first and last names are the same, basically, The name Jedediah comes from Yedidya, a Hebrew name meaning "Friend of God" . In the Bible, Jedidiah was the name given by God through prophet Nathan, to Solomon, King David's son. I chose is because, after all, It certainly doesn't hurt to be a friend of God.

Adventure awaits
EScoggin
Deck Hand

If the hammer doesn't work...get a bigger one!

« Reply #1437 on: July 02, 2012, 04:50:38 am »

Well, my persona is simply my first initial and last name squished together. I'm not that creative on the spot.

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
 ~ John Wayne, American Actor
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1438 on: July 02, 2012, 05:18:00 am »

Well, my persona is simply my first initial and last name squished together. I'm not that creative on the spot.

Why not? Works for me, and I also subscribe to your signature!

If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!
EScoggin
Deck Hand

« Reply #1439 on: July 02, 2012, 05:51:47 am »

Why not? Works for me, and I also subscribe to your signature!

Thanks! Can't wait to here it!
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1440 on: July 02, 2012, 05:54:58 am »

Being a blacksmith I ALWAYS tend to go for a bigger hammer. Wheeeee!
EScoggin
Deck Hand

« Reply #1441 on: July 03, 2012, 03:42:18 am »

Being a blacksmith I ALWAYS tend to go for a bigger hammer. Wheeeee!

That's my dad's philosophy when fixing his 'big toys' (Tractors), and I find it useful when I'm frustrated.
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #1442 on: July 05, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »

I chose my persona name of "Santiago Dunbar" from a scene in the movie Pineapple Express. I am not the biggest fan of the movie, but there is a line where the guy says "You got it from Santiago and Dunbar"... sounded like a good name to me!

May the wind be at your backs,
Santiago Dunbar
Captain, S.S. Beatrix
Demina
Swab

Helladios H. Weirdingham

« Reply #1443 on: July 06, 2012, 06:49:13 am »

My name in Second Life is Hilshire Demina, so I've been using Demina as my name in most forums I join these days.

"Three times I have been born. I know this from meditation" - Rod Evans
Steelheart
Officer

« Reply #1444 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:59 pm »

I have been using Steelheart for many, many years - ever since the first D&D books came out (yeah the little set of 3 books). Basically I am a (Tolkien) dwarf at heart enjoying metalwork, craftmanship, exactness, OCD.

For steampunking purposes, I am Forgemaster Steelheart, owner of Steelheart Forgeworks and the grand airship Luminafarion.

Wishmaster
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #1445 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:10 pm »

I decided to go with part of my late Grandfather's name. It sounds so Victorian and Steampunkish to me and I suppose as a bit of a tribute to one of my heroes.  Cheesy

Officer Alexis Brazil Longlois II.
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

Where there is no imagination there is no horror

« Reply #1446 on: July 11, 2012, 08:45:19 pm »

O dear.... I have many names... But I use the name of Lucius Baxter here. I don't know why I chose it, perhaps it had something to do with the character Lucius in "Gladiator".
I sometimes also use the name of Richard Hannay, to some of you you will know him as the guy from the 39 steps. In fact, I used it today when a strange fellow from the Red Cross stopped me in Birmingham this afternoon.

2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps
Weasel
Deck Hand

Jack the Riddler

« Reply #1447 on: August 16, 2012, 12:35:18 pm »

I'm not sure why I'm called Weasel.  I own ferrets, but that's not it. I'm not particularly Weaselly. Actually thinking of it, I rather like the idea of a Wind in the Willows/Steampunk crossover called Weaselpunk.

But names?  No idea.  Random name.

Mikey
Lady Toadflinger
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1448 on: August 16, 2012, 10:36:07 pm »

Ahhhh! Weaselpunk! Count me in, The Wind in the Willows is my all-time favorite book! Mole is quite a guy.

This isn't the Junior Chamber of Commerce, Brad!
Purity Holmes
Swab

England England

« Reply #1449 on: August 17, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »

My full name is Purity Patina Holmes. It's actually based on my real name, I was once learning to write Gallifrayan and wanted to do a bit of a River Song with my name and write out the meaning of each name as opposed to the name itself.

My real first name literally translates as Purity, which I thought sounded suitably steampunky.

My middle name means wisdom, which just doesn't sound like a real name so I decided to use the name of one of the many goddesses of wisdom form Terry Prattchet's books.

My last name is actually the name of a town, but just like the only water in the forest is the river, a town is simply a collection of homes. I decided to mess with the spelling a little to pay hommage to Sherlock so Holmes it was.

My persona isn't very grand, she's just a nurse trying to help people.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: