The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 11:22:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infection: 1885  (Read 5449 times)
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer
United States United States

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2014, 12:42:41 am »

Growling deep in the back of his throat, James lead them to the street begrudgingly. "Bloody bullies can't leave a body in peace tah do a bit o' grave robbin' "

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2014, 03:03:16 am »

"Elizabeth, did you get everything of value off the corpses."

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Stormcat
Officer

Sir Whiskers, Lord High Mouser and Royal lapwarmer

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2014, 03:26:10 am »

Elizabeth produced a handful of gold chains. "It was mostly pocket watches and brass buttons. Shall we head out?"

Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2014, 01:49:29 pm »

Jebediah bolstered his guns and removed his Bhuj from its sheath and started quietly down the street.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2014, 07:31:31 pm »

"I think you'd be welcome to join as long as you kin close your gob," Bourne said in a low voice as he passed the grumbling fellow. "More's a better number to keep the rotters off, if you know what I mean. Noise, by the by, brings the rotters in, 's loik they's part wolf, hearin' the Food cry out in the night, like." He tipped his helmet to the fellow, finishing with a sardonic, nearly-whispered, "Well, good day to ye, young gennleman," And he stalked off after the others.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2014, 02:45:33 am »

Growling under his breath again, James lead the way quietly, keeping his eyes peeled for any signs of movement
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2014, 10:49:25 pm »

"Takin' th' point, are we?" Bourne muttered sotto voce, "Well, lets be off, then."

Passing the other two, he grinned sardonically and continued in the same low voice, "Unless one o' you folk would rather be First Target?" he fell silent, hanging the rifle by its sling across his shoulders, the bayonet to be stowed back in its scabbard in his boot. He drew the khukri with a silent, fluid motion, and stalked forward after the newcomer.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2014, 11:38:36 pm »

Jebediah accidentally kicked a glass bottle that clacked across the cobblestones. "Only 50 feet from yhr exit and that happens," he growled.

Then the moans started. At least 25 ghouls came into their path, with more filling in behind.

"Alright who wants to fight and who wants to find away around?"
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2014, 12:14:14 am »

"All I've got is a knife and a pistol" Elizabeth said. "I'd much rather try to look for a way around, but you lot don't seem to be short on weapons."
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2014, 03:27:35 am »

Scanning the area, Jebediah saw an alleyway that headed out of the city, " Take there, I will hold them off and after 10 seconds follow. GO!"

Decapitating one of the ghouls."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2014, 07:10:05 am »

"This way, sir, didn't quite catch your name, and Miss Elizabeth-!" he stopped to swipe the off of one ghoul and the top of the cranium from another with the khukri, thus clearing the path for a moment or two. "You lot first, and keep yer pistols ready!"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:12:00 am by MWBailey » Logged
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2014, 10:07:06 am »

Pulling the snub nose from under his coat, he hefted the truncheon with his good hand, decking a shambler that got too close and stuck close to Jeb as they moved. "The name's James, former Whitechapel doctor and journeyman upholsterer.  you can call me Jack."
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2014, 08:39:26 pm »

Elizabeth was able to shove her knife in between a zombie's eyes, or what was left of their eyes. She tried to fire her pistol, but found it had no ammunition. "Anyone got bullets for this?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2014, 12:55:11 am »

Bourne shucked six rounds from his revolver  bandolier. "try these," he offered. Pocket 'em if they don't fit an' give 'em back t' me later -- WHOOP!" he ducked as a ghoul darted out of a side door down the alley and lunged clumsily at him. He chopped the thing from sholder to groin, leaving the head hanging by a thread in the process of the chop. "Give 'em back if ya can't use 'em-- but later, we got to stay on guard roight now." So saying, he moved on down the alley after the others, choppinhg a way through when the need arose.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:57:16 am by MWBailey » Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2014, 02:58:40 am »

Jebediah decapitated another ghoul at the end of the alleyway, and set the pile of corpses at his feet ablaze, "Run for the edge of the city, I'll find my way through," Jebediah yelled as the fire blazed higher and higher.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2014, 09:03:10 am »

Bourne cursed. "what the bloody 'ell you pullin', kid?!" he raged through the flames, "if we can't get through that fire, neither kin you! You'd better join back up outside, or so 'elp me I'm comin' after ya! Hatfield Park and Welham Green, kid, that's where the Royal Airship Corps aerodrome is! be there in 3 days toime!"

Bourne jammed the khukri back into its scabbard and whipped the rifle from his shoulders. Grabbing a handful of shells from his scrip, he stuck four in his mouth and held one in his right hand as he worked the lever, loading that round and throwing the rifle to his shoulder. He marked his target and fired, drilling a ghoul directly beside Jebediah in the head. he did the same four more times, aiming through the flames, ignoring the searing heat, then shouted again, "Welham Green! 3 days! Be there!" and he turned on his heel, throwing the rifle back across shoulders and backpack, and pulling the khukri once again. "C'mon, less' go, 'e's made 'is choice, we gots ta make good on it for 'im!" He said as he ran up to the others. "RUN for it!"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2014, 01:39:30 pm »

Jebediah grappled a ghoul and threw it in the fire. He stood up, looked around, and spotted an empty pub 100 yards down. Picking up his Bhuj, Jebediah ran through the street, dodging and decapitating ghouls. When he reached the bar he slammed against the door, but it didn't budge. It was locked.

Jebediah picked up a rock and circles to the back of the pub. He threw the  rock through a window in the rear of the building,cleared the glass, and climbed through the broken window.
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »

Elizabeth and James ran after Bourne as fast as their legs could carry them. The fire was spreading fast, the hem of Elizabeth's dress nearly caught. Zombies still moaned and grabbed for them, but Elizabeth had fortunately the proper caliber ammunition. Her shots flew wildly, mostly hitting ghouls. "Should we really leave Jeb behind?" she asked as soon as there was a space to breathe.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2014, 07:12:27 pm »

Jebediah creepers through yhr storage room, picking up as many high proof alcohols as he could. When he reached a door that lead into the neighboring building, he knocked, then threw open the door, pistol drawn, then quickly coveted his nose because of the smell.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:44 am »

James was hot on their heels as they ran, laying about with his club as he tried to keep up, the revolver was empty, having been spent on a knot of walkers that had gotten in his way. He was not a gunman and lacked the ability to reload on the run when one hand was full of lead weighted hatestick.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »

"The kid's tougher'n any I've seen lately elsewhere," Bournes answered between slashing at ghouls and dodging bodies and burning debris. "You know a way back to that square? Only if 'e's 'arf as smart as I think he be, 'e's already gone elsewhere and 'oled up, layin' doggo 'til the rotters lose interest. Sure, we kin go back and look fer 'im --and get et, most loikly, or we can run ahead and set things up t' be ready for 'im. If all works out, we'll be togither agin' in three days toime. If not, we at least didn't waste th' chance he's given us."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:12:51 am by MWBailey » Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2014, 05:09:42 pm »

Jebediah looked upon the scene he had stumbled upon. A group of people who had committed suicide, their bodies decomposing. Jebediah pulled his bandana up to his nose and walked through the tangled corpses, trembling as he went. He spotted a note nailed to the exit door, with a blood stained fingerprint as the only signature.

If you have found this, it most likely means you have stumbled upon a most grisly scene. We apologize for this, but we would rather die on our own terms than by a ghoul. In the alley outside is a map and supply pack, as an apology for seeing this. We have but one wish, to have our corpses cremated. Godspeed and Good luck.

Jebediah pulled a bottle of alcohol out, and with tears in his eyes, lit the first body on fire, and then a second one. It would spread, they were close enough together for that.

Jebediah exited the building, tucking the note into his pocket, and found the pack. He threw it inside his and looked for a pplace far enough away to not smell the cremation. He spotted a church, with heavy wodden doors, and high windows. Jebediah opened one of the door slightly and called out. No response. He closed and barred the door and settled in.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2014, 10:32:22 am »

Bourne followed the other s a quickly as he could. He had noticed the young doctor falling behind, and fell back to encourage him along, calling softly ahead to Elizabeth to slow down a bit. "C'mon, mister Jack, it's not a lot further, just 'ave ter keep movin' 'til we kin foind a quiet spot to catch our breath.."  Teh former sergeant was a trained and seasoned soldier of the Royal Marine type, capab;le of both seaward action and  forced marches and such on the ground for long distances; a large part of the Unicorns' duties included serving as ground troops in search-and-0destroy missions against enemuies of teh empire, which meant that they often stayed on the ground and went where ordesf rom the ship dictated, sometimes for a hundred miles or more without airlift, due to the need to scour the area on the ground. This kind of mad dashing was not terribly different from chase actions.

"We just need to foind a pace we kin all keep up with, tha's all," he added, as they passed along a quiet segment of the route. "Though I'm not so sure I like th' quiet; makes me wonder where they all are, y' know?" He slowed a bit. "Hold up, what say we rest a minute, catch our breath and have a listen for a bit..."

The quiet made him wonder if perhaps he was just not hearing something. The eerie quiet hung in the air. Bourne suddenly realized what the problem was; London was quiet! A long way off Westwards, there was a bit of a hubbub, as if some kind of crowd were voicing emotions over some kind of public event, but it as almost a forlorn, lonesome sound, as the regular noises of the city, the traffic, the steam conveyances, the sounds of humanity going at their daily life -- all were silent. "Koinda loik all th' children went on 'oliday and left th'  'ouse empty," Bourne said in a low voice as he stood there, against the wall of what appeared to be a warehouse of some kind.
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »

After catching her breath, Elizabeth perked her ears up. Bourne was right, everything was too quiet. Sure there was the occasional crow overhead and the wind whistling through empty buildings, but no city should sound so empty. "Think maybe we should find shelter?" she asked, her sack had become quite heavy with the additional cargo of ammunition.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2014, 03:18:20 pm »

Jebediah looked around the large church, only to find a Bible, and another note.

"What is with all the notes?" He jokingly and tiredly asked.

"If you are reading this, it means the survivors here have fled. It is a small group of us, headed up to Warwick Castle. Apparently there is a so called safe-zone there. Hurry, it may be filled if you don't go soon.

Jebedoah was torn in his decision. Should he go to the airfield and go to Paris. Or debark for Warwick immediately.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: