The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 09:52:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infection: 1885  (Read 5450 times)
Stormcat
Officer
United States United States

Sir Whiskers, Lord High Mouser and Royal lapwarmer

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 04:57:27 pm »

Elizabeth produced the necessary lockpick. "I can open this if you need me to, shouldn't be too hard." She delicately worked the lock and within seconds, it sprung open.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2014, 07:11:32 am »

"Here's the thing: you gets to hear things when you're a soldier, and one of 'em's what it sounds like when somebody's bashin' 'eads in." Bourne said, meaningfully in his slight cockney. "And I think I 'eard that just now. Somewhere close by, maybe downstairs - but not too far away downstairs, so be on your guard; just 'cause they're alive an' killin' ghouls don't necessarily make 'em friendlies." He tried Jebediah's knock, and heard nothing. "Shall we?"

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2014, 08:26:03 pm »

Cocking his guns, "We shall," and Jebediah kicked open the door forcefully drawing his pistols.

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2014, 01:59:03 am »

"Hey! I already unlocked it!" said Elizabeth, straightening herself up. She wasn't used to such brute-force tactics. "Do you want them to hear us!?!"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2014, 03:00:30 am »

"Them, meaning the fool blunt enough to make a loud bang that can go through 2 floors. And I need to worry about being heard?" Jebediah huffed, gliding down the stairs to the door leading to the lobby.

"Sounds like there is 3 infected, but it could be survivors. I am going to knock."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2014, 03:08:58 am »

A loud series of bangs startled James, making him drop to the ground behind a desk like he'd been poleaxed, the big snub nosed revolver coming up to aim down the hall where the noise came from, not sure what to do, and whether or not he was about to get rushed by drifters. Taking a chance, he raised his voice slightly, calling out "Bah Weep Grana Weep Nineebon

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2014, 04:03:32 am »

Elizabeth recognized the voice, but wasn't sure what it was trying to say. "No infected could make that sort of noise!"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2014, 04:45:46 am »

"Come out with your hands up, you are out numbered. We mean no harm."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2014, 06:44:15 am »

No 'arm, too right, that, Bourne thought. Best to be sure an' all, though. He opened, loaded and shut the lever action of the Martini and brought it to bear, aiming down the way in the direction the voice seemed to have come from, ready to whip about to any target that presented itself. The socket bayonet caught the daylight from the hole in the ceiling of the armoury in a deadly line along it's sharpened edge.

"Loik 'e says, 'ands up an' slow, loik," Bourne called in a dead-serious voice, cognizant that the first ghoul he'd met in the sewers had been a newly-infected who'd seemed as lucid as did the owner of that voice just now...
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2014, 10:26:28 am »

at least three men, well armed James thought silently to himself can't be infected or they wouldn't be traveling together

"Oi! Roit yeh gitz Oi may be outnumbah'd but you'z zoggahs still gotta come down dat dare 'allway one at a toim!"
Cut down to be fast on the draw from a pocket, The big double action pistol wasnt accurate worth a damn past 25 yards but in a crowded hall he doubted accuracy would play much into things.
"Lets boi roisonable hea, no roison we cants acts loik gentlemen"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2014, 02:17:10 pm »

Jebediah removed another fiery cocktail from his belt, " Burn him out?"

"Wait. Elizabeth. You enjoy expensive things, so any chance you pucked up some white sugar?"
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2014, 08:01:45 pm »

"Sugar? yes." She produced a small bag from her hip. "Not much though. I've been taking it with tea when I could get it."
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2014, 12:26:11 am »

Jebediah soaked a rag with the alcohol,  opened his pouch and took out some gunpowder and put it in the rag, finally, he put the sugar in the rag and lit it.

"Oxidized sugar makes a big smoke. Smoke out!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2014, 03:54:23 am »

"Throw 't 'r put it out, the damn thing reeks!" Bourne said, his eyes already stinging.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2014, 04:56:26 pm »

Jebediah threw the smoke bomb I. The direction of the unknown voice and waited a few second before crouching and going into the smoke.

He skirted around and eventually saw a man lying in the floor.

Drawing his pistol on the figure, "Well look what we have here."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2014, 05:03:58 am »

"Careful, 'e moight be fakin' it," Bourne warned.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2014, 01:37:19 pm »

Jebediah pounced on the figure on the floor, holding its head down while sitting on its back.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2014, 06:11:14 pm »

Not sure what was going on, James just saw the world fikl up with smoke and a heavy weight dropped on him from behind
"Oi!!! Gerrof ya eavy bastid! Yer breakin me back!!"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2014, 10:55:29 pm »

"That's if your lucky, now are there anymore of you?" Jebediah asked, unsheathing one of his knives and running it along the captive's neck and head.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2014, 08:09:18 am »

Bourne speared the offensively-smoking bundle on the tip of the bayonet and quickly walked back, poked it out of the hole in the roof and shook it loose with a whipping movement; it soared up, across the alley between the buildings, arced up and then downward and fell through a neighboring building's skylight. He turned back and went back to the scene of Jebediah interrogating the newcomer, not waiting to see the fumes and smoke soon begin billowing though the hole in the glass of the skylight.

"I'll go takes a look-see," he said, and strode past and into the hall beyond. Corpses with crushed-in heads littered the length of the corridor. Bloody 'ell, that bloke's been busy, he has. Bourne thought. He moved on down the hall, checking each one. all looked like they'd been done with a purpose-made truncheon. Bourne went back and picked up the truncheon on the floor beside the newcomer. "Yep, 's th' roight shape, it is. I think he might be OK, Jeb." Bourne said, and added, "If he turns out he ain't we can probably take it from there. I'm Jeremiah, Young feller, Jeremiah Bourne, late a brevet leftenant of the Royal Air Marines, Unicorns division, now part o' this bunch. You? Wha's yer name, young feller?"
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2014, 01:48:03 pm »

Elizabeth noted the fine clothes the newcomer was wearing. Even she couldn't afford to dress so fine! "Who does your tailoring, and is he still alive?"
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2014, 10:45:57 pm »

"The names Kelly, James Kelly, Whitechapel surgeon, and Oi've noidea if me tailors still kickin' er not. So gerrof afore yeh zog up me clothes cuz zat knoife is toinin me on"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2014, 01:45:38 am »

Jebediah put the knife back in its sheath and hoisted James up, "Name's Jebediah Crux. Now walk us to the street."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2014, 03:58:56 am »

Taking the proffered hand to help him up, James retrieved his fallen pistol and made it disappear into one of the numerous baggy pockets about his person.  "Oi dont ruttin' think so, you zoggas gots all da dakka, you'z can lead. Oi'z lootin dis 'ere buildin fer supplies"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2014, 01:43:06 pm »

Unholstering his revolver and a pistol, Jebediah leveled them at James, " And that dakka is why youre leading."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: