The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 11:12:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infection: 1885  (Read 5546 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2014, 08:48:39 pm »

"might not 'urt,'" Boiurne answered Elizabeth. "Someplace 'igh up, wit' a ladder or stair we kin pull up after us," he added. "How you 'oldin up, Jack lad?" he asked Jack. he unslung his pack and pulled out his field canteen, passing it around. "Small gulps. I gots more, but it won't last 'less we save it."

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stormcat
Officer

Sir Whiskers, Lord High Mouser and Royal lapwarmer

« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2014, 01:22:41 am »

Elizabeth was handed the canteen, and she took a few ladylike sips. "I think we could even stay in one of these abandoned carriages. That's where I was before I was chased out by one of those... things. They're perfectly safe as long as you stay quiet."

Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2014, 02:27:30 am »

Night fell and Jebediah moved to the bell tower. Noticing the rope to activate the bell, Jebediah thought, "I can distract the ghouls with this, allowing the others to move in the night.

Jebediah rang the bell, and it sounded throughout the slums. Jebediah pulled.again and again until he noticed a large black swarm moving towards him.

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2014, 08:13:31 am »

Taking the time to reload his pistol with shaky hands as he caught his breath, Jack was just glad he hadnt dropped any of the rounds.
 "Me nerves is shot to 'ell but Oi'm used to da blud. What are we going to do now?"  
Replacing the pistol in his pocket, he reached down and pulled the long black liston amputation knife from where it was shoved down in his boot. He wasn't sure how effective it would be against the undead, but against the living it was deadly effective so maybe it would be helpful, though he wasnt used to prey or subject matter that bit back.
"Thanks for the drink"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:15:05 am by steamcowboy92 » Logged

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2014, 11:21:59 pm »

"Wot th' blazes? Somebody ringin' fer a fire? Crazy bastard's going to call the 'ole 'orde down on 'im." Bourne exclaimed as the sound of the bell tolled out, slicing through the silence like a hot, raucous knife. "Might be a good chance ter get movin', but tha'll call 'em in from all over. we moight do well ter wait for a few and let the ghouls congregate over there, then make another break for it." Bourne mused. "What do you two think?"

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:25:49 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2014, 01:06:02 am »

"Whoever is stupid enough to attract so many infected certainly doesn't need our help." Said Elizabeth. "Let's find a place to hide so this lot can hurry over to that church and give us time to escape."
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2014, 01:30:22 am »

Jedediah looked down at the mass of ghouls below him. They were like ants, in the thousands, all clambering against the church.

"Time for me to leave."

Jedediah went to the edge of the church roof and examined the flat-roofed tenement next to him. 5 feet at least, but lower than the church.

Jedediah got a running start, landed on the opposing roof, and heard a snap from his right hand.

At least two of his fingers were broken, including his trigger finger.

"Got to get to that damn doctor back with Bourne."

Jedediah leaped across the rooftops, bandaging his fingers painfully, until he reached the city limits. He settled down and fell asleep after checking the areas for ghouls.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2014, 11:16:24 pm »

"Whoi dont we move now? We's just as loikely to run into'em now than if'n we wait. Dat dere bell kin be hoid across da 'ole damn city"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2014, 05:37:06 am »

"Lets get inside out o' the sight of  'em first." Bourne led the way into the building; it was dead quiet, but soomn the shuffles and moans of ghouls could be heard all around them as they shuffled past. When the sound subsided and a look outside showed empty streets again, Bourne started talking again.

"I kin lie doggo in a hack pretty well, I reckon, but in my experience they squeak a lot if you move much - and I've never yet seen anybody lie perfectly still asleep. All it'd take's one nightmare, and squeaketty squeak, 'ere come the rotters. It'd be better to see if this place's got an attic and pull the ladder up after us, I'm thinking." He looked at Jack, and nodded. "Agreed, but it moight be a good idea to grab a bite 'r two so's we don't run outter steam afore we get out of 'ere." That's my thinkin', anyhow." his stomach growled then; he hadn't had anything to eat since the rooftop the previous night, and time was wearing on.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2014, 04:02:16 pm »

Jedediah awoke an hour later, grabbing for his weapons. There was no threat, but ine could never be too sure.

"I wonder where the others are now," he asked himself.
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2014, 11:19:06 pm »

Elizabeth opened the sack to check on her rations. Her greed had gotten the better of her, and the sack was mostly full of trinkets. Still, she managed to scrounge up a few tins to share with her compatriots. They had found an attic apartment with a broken staircase. there wasn't much in here besides a table, chair and a bare fireplace. "Should we attempt to cook this or just eat it as is?" Asked Elizabeth, prying open a tin with her lockpick.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2014, 10:02:14 pm »

Bourne pulled the socket bayonet from his boot. "Seems OK ter me," he said. "They cooks the stuff afore they can it, don't they? Shouldn't be a problem, though I've got dried sausage. It ain't kidney pie and potatoes, but it keeps yer middle 'appy." H'ed been trained to open tins only if fresh, dried or salted rations were unavailable. "You want some to add t' yer whatever that is?"
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2014, 11:04:41 pm »

Jebediah looked down, and saw the streets filled with the undead.

"No going through that."

Picking up a brick from the rooftop, he threw it at a ghoul. The crack he heard echo throughout the entire slum giving him an idea.

Stepping back and cupping his hands around his mouth, he yelled

"At. Edge. Of. City. Survivors. Past. Airfield. Meet. At. Airfield. Sooner. Tomorrow. Will. Leave. Hint."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2014, 02:11:33 am »

Bourne's head snapped up. "Wot's 'at?!" he said sharply. I 'ope the lad don't bring more than we kin take along," he growled. "Even a line ships only got so much cap 'city for carryin' people."
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2014, 07:18:33 am »

Outside the iron grated windows of the store, the plagued banged on the gratings, knowing someone was inside. Heinrich smiled himself.

"You can keep knocking, " He said in his subdued Bavarian Accent, " But you still cannot get past those iron grates or the barricades I have put in place."

The lower level of the small shop were armored with bed frames, slats, and some tables he found in the back. The store had food and the backdoor was secured, as he had removed the mechanical workings inside the door, leaving the doorknob incapable of opening. The Front door of the store was accessible from the inside, if he so chose- But given those things outside, he had no intention of doing so.

"I'm a patient man. " He laughed whittling a chair leg into a crude club, "You shall be gone long before I am. "

What do we want? Decapitations!
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2014, 03:51:00 am »

The ragtag group of survivors did not know immediately that there was someone directly underneath them. They all made a meal of the meager canned foods and set off to sleep. Only Elizabeth stayed awake, she was sorting through her accumulated treasures, trying to decide which items were truly valuable enough to carry with her. In weak lantern-light it was harder to decipher what was brass and what was gold, but she tried anyway. after sorting through the items, she looked out at the night sky, for once clear from the smog of the city. The moon cast it's light down to the street below. And that is where she saw them.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2014, 04:40:52 am »

Bourne wasn't actually asleep; he was almost there, or had been, but he had also been watching from under lowered eyelids as Elizabeth pottered about, and something in the way that she seemed to tense made him pop instantly awake, though years of laying quiet in battle zones had taught him to not let on unless necessary. He inched his hand toward the hilt of the khukri, making no sound as he did so. He knew that if he moved suddenly or in a certain direction, certain boards would creak; he'd tested that before he had rolled out his bedroll, choosing the most silent place available. Thus, he knew that staying prone but watchful and slowly moving toward catching hold of is knife was the best idea.

After what seemed like eternity itself, his hand found the handle, pulled the huge knife up form the snugged position, and drew it forth, the soft, almost-inaudible  "shhhthh..." of the blade sliding against the weathered wood and bullhide of the sheath the only sound he made; even his breathing was forced to a shallow, silent flow. Sounds from below and the street outside made him freeze, then start moving silently, slowly, to a sitting position as he sought Elizabeth's eyes with a silent, raised eyebrow, a silent question implicit and obvious in his eyes. What is that?
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2014, 07:00:16 am »

Heinrich rubbed his chin carefully as he searched for nails to add some punch to his new club. Hearing glass break in one window, he lunged for his repeating slingshot and tripping the lever, indexed a ceramic ball into the cup. A rotted face, slashed up by the broken glass peered in the window, one arm reaching through.

thwip!

The Ceramic ball zipped forward and at the closeness of range, there was a sickening crunch of ceramic ball, flesh, and most of all, to skull. The Thing's eyes rolled and it went limp in the window, its arm hanging down. Heinrich used a draw-knife from his tool kit to remove the arm and slammed a table against it. The Nails would have to wait. He needed them right now to fasten this last table over the hole before more of the poor wretches pushed in.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2014, 11:52:18 am »

Jebediah heard a crack and his head shot up.

"What in the name?"

He looked up and down the street from the rooftop, and noticed a horde of ghouls in front of an abandoned shop.

Jedediah climbed down from the roof and took out his revolver with his left hand.

"We are about to do something stupid aren't we"

He fired a shot and killed one of the ghouls in the horde.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2014, 08:00:58 am »

Heinrich ducked instinctively when he heard the gunshot, and braced a board against the table.

Using his hammer, he drove it in against the board.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2014, 08:47:30 pm »

Jack couldnt sleep, kept awake by nightmares of the past few days.. movement to his left startled him, amd he clutched the heavy truncheon in a white knuckled grip as he looked at Bourne with questioning eyes, his other hand slipping into his coat pocket for the reassuring weight within.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2014, 03:42:49 am »

Bourne rolled to a better position for getting up, and shrugged at Jack, a finger to his lips. I dunno, Jack lad, he thought. He nodded his head sideways at Elizabeth, finger still bisecting his lips in the "silence" gesture as he absently twirled the khukri on it's lanyard Seems our ladyfriend's seen somethin' outside... the thoughts passed unspoken, however.
Dr. Madd
Zeppelin Captain

Maker of Monsters

« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2014, 09:51:46 am »

The window next to Heinrich went next, and two Ghouls-one seemed to be a London Bobby crashed through up to the waist. Heinrich rapped one about the jaw with his hammer but another ghoul soon reached in over, and the boards gave way. The Toymaker grabbed his belt and slingshot and headed up the stairs, Zombies shambling in slow pursuit.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2014, 12:45:53 pm »

Jebediah emptied his pistol into the ghouls, only taking 4 with 6 shots.

He quickly pulled out his Bhuj and wielded it in his left hand, hoping he could take a few more ghouls.

Rushing forward, he decapitated two, and sliced the jaw off a third.
Stormcat
Officer

« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2014, 03:29:37 am »

Elizabeth knew she did not have the proper gun for sniping, but she fired into the horde anyway, hitting one ghoul in the head. She started to throw her discarded treasures at them, she knew it would be ineffective, but with so much adrenaline in her system, she felt compelled to act.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: