The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 03:00:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish me luck - performing 'Steampunk Style' today!  (Read 498 times)
Abracabella
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

All stars are there to shine!

« on: July 02, 2014, 09:01:58 am »

Hello,

I am quite new to this forum, but I thought I'd introduce myself properly by telling you a little bit about my day job!

I'm a private tutor and entertainer - often these merge more than one would imagine. I run my own businesses and enjoy being self-employed; working for yourself really is wonderful if you are a bit crazy!

Today I am performing as 'Clarabelle' (Victorian Magicienne) in front of 50 parents and children at a local lower school. I have been helping the year three pupils with their poetry and creative writing, and, along with my writer friend, I will be presenting what has been achieved! My friend thinks I am nuts, but I always feel more confident when I am Steampunk - psychologically speaking it is a facet of my personality that cannot always be shown (I can't really dress SP to all of my lessons and parties!) I want to tell the children - and parents - how important it is to 'be yourself', whilst showing them how you can even use your imagination and creativity when planning an outfit!

So, wish me luck guys - also, any advice would be great!

Bel  Grin

Cogs and wheels and sprockets and springs
Metal and leather and beautiful things
Brass sculpted treasures, copper and lead
Your ideas are alive, though your century's dead

Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 12:24:01 pm »

Your an entertainer, there is little I know that you don't and in many aspects of the art you have surpassed me. So, feel free to disregard anything here you find to be a bit granny sucking eggs....

With packs of kids (with parents) keep up the momentum. Pantomime is a great example lots of movement ALWAYS something to draw the eye and attention.

Case in point, my daughters birthday party there was a lull so we did piggy back races. It half killed me but it kept them from getting bored. Bored kids are a ticking time bomb to any entertainer. Distract, distract, distract.

Bangs and streamers, glitter flakes and balloons. And the only thing better than a balloon? A full balloon untied that "gets loose". It's exhausting, you will find the odd precocious one that your never going to win with. But hey, gotta be done hasn't it?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:28:09 pm by Clym Angus » Logged

Abracabella
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:27:58 pm »

Thank you. I will definitely keep it entertaining! Grin
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:45 pm »

By the way did I see your land snail at the convivial?
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 01:34:16 pm »

Best of luck.  Please post some pictures from the event.

Abracabella
Deck Hand

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 09:14:37 am »

This is quite mellow as I go; often I will wear even more cogs!

I'm also taking Anna-Louise out for an evening tonight - I'll post some pictures later! Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: