The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 01:44:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Sentence Steampunk Story  (Read 2737 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:57:09 pm »

Last day i discover this:
http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/153/20-Terrifying-Two-Sentence-Horror-Stories-I-Didn-t-Think-It-Was-Possible-Until-5-When-The-Hair-On-My-Neck-Stood-Up

So i thought than in the same spirit we may make 2 sentence steampunk story.

Lets Rock And|Or Roll:

a-Would you believe i just fighted and killed my doppelganger ? Meh, with the scallywag done with i can now test my time machine.

b-What is walking on four legs in the morning, two at noon and three in the evening ? I don't know but i have it contained in my lab.

( Okay, i know, i actually stole that last one from nightvale)

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
pakled05
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 05:19:53 am »

"The fools, they laughed at my work!"
At that moment, the steam-powered ostrich blew it's gasket.

MGFringe
Swab

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 01:35:52 pm »

Maria di Narni was having whiskey with a gentleman caller. Suddenly, one of the pistons in her leg caught in her skirt and she slumped forward, lifeless.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »

I've done it, I've developed a universal solvent.  Now all I have to do is work out what to keep it in.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 05:04:49 pm »

After I put him out of his misery. I was infected, I still hear his manic laugh echoing around my skull.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Corroded Alloy
Zeppelin Admiral
Wales Wales

JacobTheunissen
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 07:05:34 pm »

My friend said he could intimidate bears. The undertakers did a marvelous job with his face.

Small though it is, the human brain can be quite effective when used properly.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 07:34:04 pm »

I've finally invented a steam tank that can do seventy miles per hour in all terrain! Now to invent a set of brakes...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 09:52:49 pm »

Carruthers, I'm most intrigued by this new "Steam-Punk" you speak of - how does it work?

Well, you see this cog?....

(What!? Why is everyone looking at me like that?   Grin  )

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 07:07:53 pm »

The airship that was reported stolen yesterday has just landed at our base.  The main hatch has opened, anAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 02:58:40 pm »

After I opened the book...all I can see are black stars and hear strange whispers.
Prof Exzenter
Swab

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 05:08:36 am »

He carefully cocked the carbine and levelled the beastie's head in the sights.  It turned at the sound, its great maw opening, the remnants of a very similar rifle falling from between its teeth.
gaslampfantasy
Deck Hand

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 01:33:44 pm »

The thousands of linked Difference Engines had spent years on their great calculation. The answer was that Mankind was a danger, and must be removed...
Corroded Alloy
Zeppelin Admiral
Wales Wales

JacobTheunissen
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 06:25:20 pm »

Crippled and debilitated with rheumatoid arthritis, Dr. Bowmaster would often contemplated his clockwork cat. Without this strange creature's regular gifts of mice and birds the Doctor's lonely and forlorn existence would have ended in starvation a long time ago.
J. Penn
Deck Hand

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 09:26:46 pm »

When I have lost my way or, indeed, my mind, I abandon the twisted metal, the broken glass, the dusty workshop... the canvas-sheeted hope. Blinded by obstacles, I return to the place where I may remember how to dream--beneath the stars with you.
gaslampfantasy
Deck Hand

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »

Smashing its way through the front door - splintered wood sent flying - the steam-powered automaton began to climb the stairs, to obey its command of assassinating Professor Verity. Fortunately for the noted academic, the weight of the iron monstrosity was too great for the stairs to bear, and the deadly automaton plunged through the stairs and into the cellar below.
Steaming Pistons
Deck Hand

letsrockltd
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 04:26:30 pm »

The haggard man took off his dusty hat and produced a small, embossed silver fish from inside it. "Haha! They'll never catch me!" he squealed as he used the intricately cut fish to unlock his cell door, circumnavigated the maze of corridors, sneaked past the night watchmen and padded across the asylum courtyard, nimbly leaping over the rickety gate and disappearing into the curling mist.

Find the chuffing marvellous steampunk ebook compendium Steam Rising here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/452350 Coming soon in paperback!

The alternative zombie Sherlock Holmes tale on the trail of a psychotic cipher of Jack the Ripper known as Rick the Japer is also available in ebook form here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/442747

See our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steamingpistons
MarcusJuliusCroft
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 05:32:35 pm »

The woman stood there, a part of the crowd, yet not part of it.  It has been many years since I have seen her face.

I am what I am because I am, an Entrepreneur, Villain, Student and Mastermind
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 11:19:10 pm »

Now he could show his wondrous inventions to the world.  If only his reflection would stop laughing.
Mechanikles
Gunner

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »

The end of the world would have to wait.
It was tea time, after all.
Thalesia Turnblood
Snr. Officer

One bathtub scene, coming right up!

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 03:30:16 pm »

The woman put her hand on Emily Brightcannon's arm, then gasped to find the cool solidity of iron rather than warm flesh. "Dr. Carnarvon sends his regards," said Emily with pity in her voice.

Reality is messing with my fiction.
Have Coffee, Will Write
Pantaleon
Gunner
Germany Germany

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 06:49:54 pm »

He checked the knot around his waist and wiped his brow with nervous fingers. If you are afraid of heights, you really shouldn't become an airship captain.
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »

The dream had been vivid; being chased by the vilest creatures of my imagination their teeth and claws trying to contact my person so I ran untill I fell over the edge of a dark abyss.
I awoke in a hot sweat, after turning the light on, the sweat I realised was blood.

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 09:36:44 am »

The arcane rituals contained within the ancient texts were complex and difficult, but he had mastered them and succeeded in rending open a portal to another dimension through which he had passed, only to find the horrific creatures who dwelt there attacking him from all sides, and only his rapid retreat through the portal saved his life, although not without loss - four of his fourteen tentacles had been severed, and would take much time to regrow. As he swam through the inky blackness he seethed with rage at those ugly monsters, with their awful dry skin and far too few appendages (just five, if you counted the stumpy one at the top of their stunted, inflexible bodies); once he showed his dad what they had done, they be in real trouble...
RodDuncan
Gunner

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 12:10:46 pm »

The temporal discontinuity regulator had opened a doorway to extraordinary adventures. But he had not anticipated having to redraft his family tree on a mobius strip.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 06:17:00 am »

Brantley adjusted the reality mirror, cranked the Dyscontinuity Dynamo into position, gunned the Allis Chalmers diesel four-lunger into medium output, and as the elliptical and rhomboid gears of the Chronojump Actuator began clanking and whirring away, he thrust the electrical feed lever to "Max" and held on for dear life as the Beau Rosin leapt forward past the portal's event horizon. As the sparks from the blimp's scraping acquaintance with the portal's edge erupted around the wheelhouse and Mad Jack bellowed his displeasure, MW writhed his back tentacle at the thought that perhaps this time he was truly testing the Committee's wrath; Uncle 'Thulhu was going to have a fit, he just knew...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:18:44 am by MWBailey » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: