The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 08:53:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: brass corners  (Read 6716 times)
1helios1
Officer
United States United States

« on: October 15, 2007, 04:16:41 am »

does anyone know where i might find brass box corners, small ones that are identical on all three sides. the only place i have managed to find them only ships to Australia, and sadly i don't live there.
Lord Croker
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:30:14 am »

You could try a leadlighting supply place, they have lots of stuff for making small boxes.

Charlie

"There's a bounty for shooting tigers you know, it's fifty pounds a head"
"You must have shot an awful lot of tigers sir"
"Yes, I used a machine gun."
J.Wilson Esq.
Officer

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 04:32:56 am »

I've gotten them at Lowes and probably Home Depot of about 1 1/2" per side. Smaller than that would be problematical, although it's possible to make your own.

These are sometimes called corner guards, so you might try searching using that term. There are sources for dollhouse and miniature hardware which might have very small ones.

Good luck.

A well-rounded gentleman should be capable of reading and writing both Greek and Latin, being a fair hand with most firearms and edged weapons, as well as being adequate at maintaining his own steam carriage and making his own laboratory apparatus.
Samuel
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Back for the memories

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 04:39:05 am »

does anyone know where i might find brass box corners, small ones that are identical on all three sides. the only place i have managed to find them only ships to Australia, and sadly i don't live there.

if you wouldn't mind telling me, where was the site that ships only to australia?

-Sam.

Mad Limner and Sometime Bricoleuse

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 04:39:13 am »

If you have access to a tax id number, you can order all sorts of hardware from Ohio Travel Bag. 
http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/

Grace D. Palmer

<a href="http://gracedpalmer.necropolisstudios.net"> The Art Of Grace D. Palmer </a>
La Bricoleuse
Snr. Officer

Sartorial Engineer

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:45:48 am »

I too have found brass box corners at Home Depot, also at Lowe's and other hardware stores.
1helios1
Officer

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 04:49:37 am »

if you wouldn't mind telling me, where was the site that ships only to australia?

http://www.timbecon.com.au/
J.Wilson Esq.
Officer

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 05:55:39 am »

The larger ones Timbecon carries are very much like the US hardware store versions I've bought. The smaller ones at the top of the page, I haven't seen in any stores here, but that doesn't mean they don't exist in more specialized shops. Brass hardware tends to be universal in design.
Offlogic
Officer

It's still not WEIRD ENOUGH!

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 01:19:13 am »

I've seen the tiny "jewelry box" sized ones in bright brass finish at Ace Hardware here in the states, and I think at Michael's as well.
"Brass Corners" sounds like a good name for a steampunk hometown setting.

HST: Gonzo but not forgotten
Commissar Swoosh
Officer

Inventor of the Mechanical Cheese Wheel

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:23:49 am »

You could easily make your own with the metal from pop cans.

If God thought The Doors were better than Cream, Jim Morrison would be able to defend his band today. Either this disproves God, or proves Clapton is the real god.
1helios1
Officer

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 01:42:42 am »

i got some sheet brass and managed to make decent looking corners, im content with them but they could look better.
thanks for all the help anyway
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: