The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 09:15:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.
 
   Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Steampunk's Apocalypse Game  (Read 1253 times)
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:40:44 pm »

Having being discussed (briefly) in Hurricane Annie's Thread, I have decided to start the Steampunk Apocolypse game here.

Rules:

1) You have to use the nearest 5 items for your survival gear.

2) To find your stamina points, add how many push-ups and sit-ups you can do, multiply by how many miles you can run. (That was on the spot so if somebody has a suggestion, please make it a realistic measure of stamina, thank you.)

3) Each week will be a different scenario that the Game Masters will create. (Simply ask to be a game master and the first few will be made into them. This is simply because I cannot manage this 24/7, The Lady and I need to sleep sometime.)

4) Supplies of food will be important, as will water. They will be based on your stamina, as higher staminas will assume to need more food.

5) Each players backpack capacity will be based on their stamina, with 5 being everyone's starting number. Each item acquired passed the original 5 will lower total stamina. The value decreased will be decided in discussion of the GM.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:26:04 pm by Steampunk Away » Logged

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 08:49:14 pm »

First Scenario:

The massive, nearly simultaneous eruption of the worlds volcanoes has lead to a volcanic winter. Cities are in panic, as water is tainted gray by ash, and the same ash covers the ground like snow. Groups of survivors are already banding together, some from the website of BG. They start in the city of Albuqurque, New Mexico. (Look for the first 5 items you see now)

Captain Retep: Prop Champagne bottle, broom, empty water bottle (2), and Woven basket.
Logged
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
*****
New Zealand New Zealand



« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:56:07 pm »

energy drink,   bills and correspondence [paper],  large hair clasp, blanket, scissors,

stamina points   [5 x  10 x 0 =0] 0  ( maybe  yards dashed, miles walked or  star jumps might work better Huh )

 I would make a blanket tent , start a fire,  use empty can for water distillation using large clip for  tent pegging and  holding hot  can.

 { is this how the game goes? Feel free to redirect me if I'm wrong}
Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:13:57 am »

I was thinking more something like D&D (sorry inner nerd coming out), where there is a challenge or task set out by the GM after everyone has joined (or at least a few people) and people have turns that they can use their stamina for, not knowing further consequences. So, I would say -as GM for now- the group is getting cold due to the lowering temperature. Options: Make tent-30 stamina, Build fire- 7 stamina, Search rubble- 13 stamina. Result: Hair clip breaks, now you have Hair clip pieces (2), nothing found. You are out of stamina. Any advice to your team? (Next person's turn)

Roll for random events such as it breaking.

I appreciate your attempt with my vague guidelines.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:17:14 am by Steampunk Away » Logged
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
*******
Australia Australia


Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..


WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:26:50 am »

This game could be a bit uneven, depending as it does on everybody's random circumstances.
e.g. 5 items - I wouldn't call myself a "prepper", but my keyring has, amongst my bike keys and house keys, a folding knife, a diamond sharpening disc and a flint fire-starter, and that's without going through my pockets or belt...

Okay, (without cheating and grabbing my work bag of tools): the aforementioned keyring, a glass biscuit jar with a metal clasp lid, a large glass of tapwater, a decorative candle off the table, and this 10inch tablet filled with a lot of random info.

Added: 30+70x3=300

Lets go.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:09:17 pm by Fairley B. Strange » Logged

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 12:00:42 pm »

Mr Strange, your stamina, and then we can go adventuring through the cold. (Also the randomness is what would actually happen would it not be?)
Logged
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
****
France France


« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:50:11 pm »

(32 press-ups + 30 sit-ups)  × 1.5 miles = 93 stamina points.

Nearest five items? Hmm… Excluding things like computer, mouse, head-phones and one-armed bandit, I hope!

Steampunk, or Victorian period, I'm relaxing either at home, at a public house or at my club (I've got a chair by the fire, so I shan't move). I'm reading a broadsheet and my five nearest items other than clothing and glassware are:
a hip flask,
a sword-cane,
the chair I'm sitting in,
the small table next to me,
the billiard table to my right (with ivory balls laid out ready for a game)

Do we each get a character class, profession, skill or characteristic? Engineer, explorer, big game hunter, philologist, philatelist, meteorologist, botanist, astronomer, resistance (to pain, thirst, hunger, temptation) or a special vulnerability or temptation (opium, dusky maidens, obsession for hunting Moby Dick, finding the Lost Ark)?.

Logged

--
Keith
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 02:23:24 pm »

Ok so a class system is what the people want. Than that is what they will get.

Adventurer- +1 to fighting, -1 to while on drugs

Tinkerer- +1 fixing and improvising, -1 to women

Thief- +1 to scavenging and stealing, -1 to teamwork


If there is anymore please feel free to add. So is this going to be set in a steam world or the real world?
Logged
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
*****
New Zealand New Zealand



« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 06:39:09 pm »

Ok so a class system is what the people want. Than that is what they will get.

Adventurer- +1 to fighting, -1 to while on drugs

Tinkerer- +1 fixing and improvising, -1 to women

Thief- +1 to scavenging and stealing, -1 to teamwork


If there is anymore please feel free to add. So is this going to be set in a steam world or the real world?

 The Steam World - We are all here to avoid the real world
Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 09:27:39 pm »

Ok well:

Mr. B. Strange, Mz. Annie, Sir Beef, and Captain Retep are in Albuqurque, NM.

There is two roads, the road on the left taking 10 stamina and leads to the city, the road on the right takes 15 stamina. Which road would the group like to take?
Logged
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
*******
Australia Australia


Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..


WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 09:49:40 pm »

My vote is for the one on the left. As the rabbit always said, "I oughta taken that left turn at Albaqurque...".
Logged
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
****
France France


« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 10:15:37 pm »

Hmm… if we're in need of supplies then I would suggest tentatively moving towards the city of Albuquerque. What time of day is it?
Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 10:39:31 pm »

It's is 3 hours till dusk, and the trip will take a half hour for 10 stamina.
Logged
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
*******
Australia Australia


Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..


WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 10:27:17 am »

Well, we don't seem to have survived long enough to get anywhere.

Oh well, I hope we all fare better if the RL TEOTWAWKI arrives.
Logged
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
****
France France


« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 12:12:20 pm »

Well, we don't seem to have survived long enough to get anywhere.

Oh well, I hope we all fare better if the RL TEOTWAWKI arrives.

You mean the game has run out of steam already?

This is like a play-by-mail game… each turn takes a long time.

I think we took the left road and we're walking towards Albuquerque right now…
Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 01:13:03 pm »

You have reached the city of Albequrque, NM.

The streets are littered with abandoned cars and closed shops as everyone tried escaping in a panic. One of the group spots a fire escape leading into the second floor of a shop. Want to discuss how to use it to get into shelter or keep walking.
Logged
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
*******
Australia Australia


Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..


WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 01:29:42 pm »

Ok, what does the name on the store say?

I'm not breaking into 'Bob's Boobytraps' or some survivalist gunshop.
Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 02:06:21 pm »

Hobby Lobby
Logged
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
****
France France


« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 09:25:34 pm »

Hobby Lobby sounds a little bit crafty… could well be some useful bits and bobs in there like saws, drills, blowtorches… I say we should climb up and investigate.
Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 10:35:06 pm »

Will anyone help Mr. Beef and expend 5 stamina?
Logged
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
*******
Australia Australia


Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..


WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 12:15:00 am »

Ok, I'm coming.
Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 01:29:29 am »

Mr. Beef is successfully propelled up the fire escape and let's it down for the rest of the group. They all go inside the building to see a large array of craft supplies and some remnants of a previous inhabitants. A storm rolls into tthe city.

what do you wish to do?
Logged
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
*******
Australia Australia


Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..


WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 07:52:33 am »

Let's use the noise of the approaching storm to look around a bit and meanwhile keep out of the rain just in case this dust thing has done anything weird like acidrain.

Sneaks around a bit, keeping in the shadows, checking for inhabitants...
Logged
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain
*****
United States United States


Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 01:43:38 pm »

While sneaking you stumble upon a backpack lying on the floor. What do you wish to do?
Logged
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
****
France France


« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 06:41:43 pm »

"Backpack"? Watch it for a minute or two… find a long stick (yardstick, length of wooden dowel, etc) and from cover (don't want it to explode in my face) give it a poke.

Anything wriggling trying to get out?

How much force does it take to push it along the floor?

Is it hard or soft?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.113 seconds with 16 queries.