The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 04:20:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Steam Era Superhero Story  (Read 476 times)
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« on: April 11, 2014, 04:05:51 am »

Something I remembered from years ago; I was just reminded of it and thought that I should post a link here:

http://www.accomics.com/femforcefiction/the-catman-the-case-of-the-unofficial-tontine-by-jason-greenfield/

This is a prose story, probably inspired by "Gothan by Gaslight" about Catman and the Deacon, two characters published by Holyoke Comics back in the 1940's. This story, however, takes place at around the turn of the century. The style of the story reminds me of Sax Romer. I can't remember the name of the author, and the web site does not credit him.
pakled05
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:37:34 am »

There was another called "Golden Age Flash," but I don't remember much about it. Guy dresses up like the 'flowers' Mercury.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:08:05 am »

That is the costume used by the original Flash. I think his secret identity was Jay Garrick.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: