The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 02:03:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An invitation to join the tribe of Aether Nomads  (Read 1978 times)
TheNavigatrix
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: February 25, 2014, 02:05:10 pm »

Whenever I make Steampunk jewellery, little snippets of story pop into my head. A few months ago, I decided to try some more multicultural designs, inspired by the research for a current LRP character and the idea of nomadic Steampunks. The notion came to me that they would be scientists and artists, that they would see no distinction between the two. I may also have been inpsired by a childhood love of the Jim Henson film The Dark Crystal with the mystic Ur-Ru...

This January, I met (via Facebook) a man whose costume and character concept is uncannily like my idea. He befriended me though the Steampunk Hands around the World event, became interested in my work and we decided to co-author the beginning of a story.

This is more than just a range of jewellery and a story though. This is an invitation to create an Aether Nomad character.
Metaphysicians, Aethermaticians, Symbologists and Vibrancers...what might yours be? Through my blog, a Pinterest inspiration baord and a Facebook group that we're preparing  (ask for an invite!) we're sketching guidelines, rather like those of a live roleplay system but looser, to allow for a wider interpretation.

We're looking for people to join in and help write this story. Here, then, is a beginning for you:

http://thenavigatrixatetsy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/tales-of-navigatrix-part-1.html

Perhaps we'll meet one day in our travels through the aether...
~The Navigatrix
TheNavigatrix
Swab

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:39:14 pm »

There is now a private Facebook group for anyone who may be interested. It does not matter where in the world you are! Do get in touch, thankyou kindly.
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:39:17 am »

There is now a private Facebook group for anyone who may be interested. It does not matter where in the world you are! Do get in touch, thankyou kindly.
a link perhaps, because i would be interested but the Facebook search engine fail me.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
SteamFaery
Gunner

Raider of the Lost Art

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »

I love the sound of this. Linking different forms of creativity, like jewellery and story, is something I love. I, too, find stories come to me while I am knitting or crocheting. I will be very interested to see how this develops.

"Let us return to the past; it will be progress." ~ Giuseppe Verdi

www.ziazan.co.uk
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »

I'd like to know more about this as well.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:34:45 pm »

"Aether Nomad" - the term is evocative and intriguing
Kit Tyler
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Can you do that? Can you explode twice?

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 02:20:19 am »