The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 05:31:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assisstance required locating area for colonisation; Inquiries Within.  (Read 24114 times)
Samuel
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Back for the memories

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 06:00:01 am »

Very good!

Victoriana it is.

anything anyone wants to add? shall we make the coins brass?

-Sam.
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Duchess Lenora Hammerman

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 05:36:25 pm »

Why don't we just take over a small area of rural England. It would be hard to find a good place in the US, the history here well really isn't history...Everything is soo new... I wouldn't mind to buy 200 some acres in central England and invte you all to live there with me! In all seriousness...If this actually can happen, I'll be the first to create/live in a steampunk commune!

SCHLAMPE! ... Ich liebe dich!
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 05:42:29 pm »

I doubt I would. I think everything I liked about the victorian age is things that can´t be recreated. Only the things I don´t like will it be possible to have again.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Drake White
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Airship privateer & clockwork technologist.

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 06:27:09 pm »

Isle of Wight, lets 'liberate' Isle of Wight.

It already has it's own currency variation and no speed limits anywhere.
I say we take it for the good of mankind.
Samuel
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Back for the memories

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 12:37:21 am »

Why don't we just take over a small area of rural England. It would be hard to find a good place in the US, the history here well really isn't history...Everything is soo new... I wouldn't mind to buy 200 some acres in central England and invte you all to live there with me! In all seriousness...If this actually can happen, I'll be the first to create/live in a steampunk commune!

Actually.... New Zealand might actually be the place to go...

seriously, think about it; just rolling grasslands and forests make up its majority. Look it up, it would be insane not to consider it. As long as we don't upset the locals or the Maori, it could be brilliant! if you're unaware of its landscape, its actually much like england was.

*waits to be pelted by maoris and new zealanders alike.*
Insanity
Officer

Baron Von Sasha, The Sasha of All Ages

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 04:52:27 am »

Since it is steamPUNK, I think the coins should be hammered so that clipping is still possible. This is off the record, though. As King, I really shouldn't be sabotaging the economy.

Her Majesty, the King
Samuel
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Back for the memories

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 05:31:34 am »

well, let me get my hands on some brass....

you'd think coin design wouldn't be so damned hard, would you?

Bah!
TheKiltedStranger
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 05:52:40 am »

Why not have it be a chain of islands, kind of like Hawaii? "The Unified Islands of Victoriana". Inter-Island transport could be achieved via both zeppelin and steamer, and the with the Capital city of Babbage located on the biggest island. (The smallest island could house The Edison Correctional Facility and Penitentiary for Thieving and Incorrigable Bastards.
Storminformin
Snr. Officer

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 06:38:46 am »

Lets just take the Florida keys, hell all of Florida. The climate is nice, there's plenty of water for ships and subs, the old railway bridges can be rebuilt, there's St Augustine, which has some fantastic architecture. Geographically there are a large flat expanse's for landing zeppelins.

Lets not forget Disney  Grin, lord I am such a child at heart

I say old bean! I must express my astonishment of you claim! Is this a fact, or a clever ruse?

Hello Paddy. I know your here somewhere Smiley
Samuel
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Back for the memories

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 07:41:08 am »

...The smallest island could house The Edison Correctional Facility and Penitentiary for Thieving and Incorrigable Bastards.

Thats it. you sir are my quotable hero for some time. Thanks for making me hit my head laughing.

TheKiltedStranger
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 07:43:23 am »

You actually hit your head? I hope you didn't hurt yourself, I'd feel really bad if you did.
Samuel
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Back for the memories

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 07:53:22 am »

haha, bumped is the more effective word. stupid stiff headrest...

you don't mind if put that im my signature, do you?

I actually thought hawaii would be the best place for it... but then again... Naahh.
TheKiltedStranger
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 07:59:54 am »

Wait, seriously? I'd be honored! Just, you know, make sure that I spelled everything right; I don't want to look dumb or anything...
Professor Fzz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 12:45:22 pm »

May I suggest Greenland?  The climate is rapidly improving, and it has the major advantage that for huge areas there are no native peoples to displace when we build our metropolis.

- Fzz

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something. -  Thomas H. Huxley
Insanity
Officer

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 01:35:50 pm »

I'm going to have to Veto Florida. The heat there in the summers causes me to be a bit swift with dealing out death sentences for just about anything.
Stefan Freestate
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Impresario of His Own Life's Circus

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 02:50:55 pm »

I'm going to have to Veto Florida. The heat there in the summers causes me to be a bit swift with dealing out death sentences for just about anything.

Alas, the Gators will always kick Bulldog ass.... Grin

Relinquo vos liberos.
rokkitgurl
Gunner
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Duchess Lenora Hammerman

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »

Alas, the Gators will always kick Bulldog ass.... Grin

I defintely have to veto florida...How will I wear my lovely steampunk attire in 100 humidity and 95F degree days! Not to mention my insane fear of alligators.
TheKiltedStranger
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 04:31:02 pm »

I'd have to dissagree with Florida as well: seasons are lovely things, and Florida just don't have 'em. It's stuck on "Bake", and when you go to the beaches, the smell of burning plastic is unbearable.
But what about some other island chain? Something further north. I'd agree with Greenland whole heartedly, except it looks to be too covered in snow. Is is like that all year, or just in the winter? And, if it is, we might as well just take over Antarctica: there's less people to worry about, and we could eat penguins.
Drake White
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 05:20:05 pm »

Absolutely agree. While hot and sunny is bloody awesome in the summer, 365 days of sun would become tiresome.
Where ever we locate to MUST be capable of snow, even if its just a few days a year.
Insanity
Officer

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 03:07:57 am »

I want snow for part of the winter. How else will my horseless steam-sled be used?

Tank tops and short shorts made of denim are hereby outlawed. As is playboy bunny logo paraphernalia and bikinis. Automobiles that are distinctly modern in all appearances will be severely frowned upon and we will all look down our noses at overly modern dressed individuals. 
Samuel
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Back for the memories

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 07:34:26 am »

I want snow for part of the winter. How else will my horseless steam-sled be used?

Tank tops and short shorts made of denim are hereby outlawed. As is playboy bunny logo paraphernalia and bikinis. Automobiles that are distinctly modern in all appearances will be severely frowned upon and we will all look down our noses at overly modern dressed individuals. 

Hear hear! T'would be  good if such classless crap would be banned. may I suggest the Edison Correctional Facility for punishment? or Hung From The Neck Till Dead.

TheKiltedStranger
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 07:56:14 am »

Is a sleeveless, buttoned up shirt with no collar considered a tank-top? Because, if it is, I might regret my suggestion of the Edison Penitentiary...
Samuel
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Back for the memories

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 10:18:21 am »

Hmmm. i'm sure you'll survive. Only because it's button up. Wink

Stefan Freestate
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Impresario of His Own Life's Circus

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 01:35:03 pm »

*smacks forehead*

*dropping top hat*

It's quite obvious: the city of Victoria, on Vancouver Island.
Drake White
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 09:44:32 pm »

While we're at it lets ban socks & sandals. Just because.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: