The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 05:34:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn Based Strategy Game Recommendations ?  (Read 819 times)
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« on: February 06, 2014, 05:14:45 pm »

Any one a fan of  Turn Based Strategy Games about these parts , and if so what you would recommend ?

I'm currently playing Rise of Mythos which Im enjoying a lot on pvp for any one interested.

" You can lose every battle except that last " Sir Malcolm , Penny Dreadful
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:22:43 am »

Civilisation, my all time favorite and Civilisation V: God and Kings have a very neat steampunk scenario.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
FenrisWolf
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:32:15 am »

Civilisation, my all time favorite and Civilisation V: God and Kings have a very neat steampunk scenario.

Totally agree, the best version of Civ there is Smiley

Fenris Wolf
Iconographic Capturer of Ætheric Personalities™
www.fenrisoswin.com 
Pantaleon
Gunner
Germany Germany

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:51:48 pm »

I recently stumbled across the game "The Banner Saga", which is a nice turn-based game with an interesting story, set in a Viking-like world.
Also, there is a free online PVP-Version called "The Banner Saga - Factions". I can only suggest you check that out and see if you like the style.
4_0_4
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Hi Forest , hows Fanny?

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 02:22:34 am »

currently addicted to bloody Hearthstone...

good fun with the right deck but a bit frustrating too , I managed to get to level 19 before things went awol.. ah well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: