The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 23, 2018, 06:54:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Tamers - A room for those of us with anxiety / depression / etc  (Read 54376 times)
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1625 on: April 15, 2018, 01:15:54 am »

Well said, Mr Bailey
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1626 on: April 16, 2018, 04:16:57 am »

No real worries other than the worldwide ones. Sciatica is giving me hell, but then that's nothing new. Had a bad moment yesterday, when I thought I'd left my harps (harmonicas) at a venue where several dulcimer society friends and I just gotten through holding an Instrument Petting Zoo for the kiddies (don't worry, I didn't leave them out for the tykes to blow on and spread my horrific germs; I just habitually keep the set in my banjo case, and of course had to take out the zippered pouch in order to take out the banjo, so...).

The kids were ho-hum about my banjos and the dulcimers, but boy, did they go after my mandolin and bodrhans, and my friend's el cheapo fiddle (one of those black things you can buy at a music store for 90 to 120 smackers)! We had our hands full just keeping them from playing too hard with those.

Is it mean-spirited of me to be distrustful of child hands all over my instruments? that's one worry I have, that I might be a mean old b*stard at heart. That possibility kind of bothers me...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1627 on: April 16, 2018, 12:03:10 pm »

Don't think your a "mean old b*stard at heart" for not wanting people - and kids are sort of people - pawing all over your instruments, MW! I don't like people pawing mine, either, and they don't need to be blown into!! Grin
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1628 on: April 16, 2018, 04:59:33 pm »

And there's nothing really wrong with being a mean of b*stard if you want to be, although it's a self-limiting condition 'cos after a while you find there's no-one around for you to be mean to!

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1629 on: April 17, 2018, 09:34:08 pm »

And there's nothing really wrong with being a mean of b*stard if you want to be, although it's a self-limiting condition 'cos after a while you find there's no-one around for you to be mean to!

My dear Mr Bailey, on rereading my previous post I realise that I may have inadvertently given the impression that I believe you to be a 'mean old b*stard'.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Please accept my apologies for any offence I may have caused.
Dr Smithson
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #1630 on: April 20, 2018, 07:50:48 pm »

Mr. Bailey, might I posit that you are not, in fact, a b*stard at heart, but merely someone who is wise enough to have seen how reckless children can be, and have learned the hard way the value of a dollar?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:12:12 pm by Dr Smithson » Logged

SAM:I think we need to explore whether this attempted murder was a hate crime.

GENE: What, as opposed to one of those "I really really like you" sort of murders?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: