The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 12:54:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 47100 times)
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1325 on: October 04, 2017, 11:54:43 am »

I would say that as it doesn't clash with Leicester Space Museum I think that Saturday would be better. If we all meet up as one group rather then wander round in little groups that would be better

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1326 on: October 06, 2017, 06:07:45 pm »

Depending on family commitments we'll either be available for Steampunks in Space or the Worcester weekend; we just need to pin down which one it is...

Also as noted over on Facebook there's the Wolverhampton Victorian Fair (weekend of the Friday the 15th December) and there is also one in Stratford (on the weekend of Friday 8th of December). Another Chrismas event we might want to consier is 'Christmas at home with the Edwardians' at the Locksmith's house in Willenhall (an offshoot of the BCLM) on the same weekend as the Stratford market.

Yours,
Miranda.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1327 on: October 12, 2017, 08:29:50 am »

I'm considering going to see 'Loving Vincent' (animated film about Vincent Van Gogh) at The Electric in Birmingham on Saturday at 2.30.  Anybody want to come along and make a group outing of it?

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1328 on: October 12, 2017, 12:56:36 pm »

sorry James I'm otherwise engaged that day
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #1329 on: October 13, 2017, 10:33:36 am »

sorry James I'm otherwise engaged that day

No need to be apologetic about it; there will be other times and events where we meet up.

Now, a few weeks ago when I mentioned the Worcester Christmas Market; I also put it up on the WMSA Facebook page.  There seems overall to be more support for a Sunday gathering rather than a Saturday. 
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1330 on: October 21, 2017, 01:33:55 pm »

Well, we have now found out we will not be able to attend Steampunks in Space but that means we will be free for the Worcester Christmas market. We just need to find out not if the proposed hostelry for the meet up is child friendly...

Yours,
Miranda.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #1331 on: October 21, 2017, 02:03:51 pm »

Well, we have now found out we will not be able to attend Steampunks in Space but that means we will be free for the Worcester Christmas market. We just need to find out not if the proposed hostelry for the meet up is child friendly...

Yours,
Miranda.

If The Saracen's Head is confirmed I should think there won't be a problem.  We've had our Christmas meet-up in their function room a few times in the past and never had any issues with children not being admitted.  (The function room being around the back of the pub and having its own entrance). 
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1332 on: October 21, 2017, 11:02:43 pm »

If The Saracen's Head is confirmed I should think there won't be a problem.  We've had our Christmas meet-up in their function room a few times in the past and never had any issues with children not being admitted.  (The function room being around the back of the pub and having its own entrance). 

Thank you; that sounds very hopeful.

Yours,
Miranda.
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #1333 on: November 16, 2017, 10:49:10 pm »

Good news- The Saracen's Head is booked! I'll be giving htem a call next week to confirm times etc, but it seems we have *ahem* A PLAN!

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #1334 on: November 17, 2017, 06:15:43 pm »

Good news- The Saracen's Head is booked! I'll be giving htem a call next week to confirm times etc, but it seems we have *ahem* A PLAN!

Excellent!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1335 on: November 17, 2017, 09:32:28 pm »

Do people bring food along to this for an 'indoor picnic' or buy it there?

Yours,
Miranda.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: