The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 05:52:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Of Christmas Future: Preparation For A One Month Event  (Read 1608 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: November 10, 2013, 11:38:11 pm »

This is the character building thread of a rp very unique in many ways:

1- It would only last between december 1st and december 31.

2- It would be a Agatha Christie style murder mystery whose mechanic will be inspired by the werewolf game. I will contact by personal message a couple of individuals among you to which i will atributed the role of "guilty" "victim" and "withness". Each party will receive the appropriate information proper to their roles (mobiles, relations,etc).

3- The main goal is to act according to your knowledge of the situation: answering to inquiry the way your interests dictate, searching to solve the mystery or to lead the one night detectives in the wrong direction.

4- By January 1st , no matter the outcome, i shall write the conclusion of this one month saga and reveal the answer to my machiavelical yuletide egnigma.

The main plot is you are the guest to your town's mayor's annual christmas party in his private castle-of-a-riverboat, absolutely unaware of the upcoming tragedy.

Character Building Form:

Name:
Ethnicity:
Job: ( Don't forget the steampunk setting and i'm a very low science guy)
Biography:( Min: 10 Lines Max: 30 Lines )
Description or Picture:

Info who may help me in the roles attribution:

Relations with fellow townfolk: (Married, Sibling, stuff like that. Off course, it would be better to inform the interested before)
Religion: (who say than religious freedom cannot exist in a steampunk world ?)
Orientation: ( the best spice shaker is the one in our underpants)

So anybody up for the christmas event of the 19th century.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:35:28 am by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:28:31 am »

Off course, i'm better off playing the mayor.

Name: Lord Allistair Krampus, Esq
Ethnicity: Caucassian
Job: Mayor of Sinterklaas and Master of River Manor
Biography:  Blue blooded (some bad tongue would ever say in both sens of the term, ie his parent were related before marriage) just to the tip of his toe, Allistair was destined to lead. At least that what he love to think. He's quite bumbling for telling the truth. For being precise, it is the bumblingness of those whose being raise in the satin of noble pride who afflict him. He is competent as a ruler mind you, well as competent as most politician. Tongue But his greatest feat is still the grandeur he surrounded himself. He his a builder mayor most of all, and one of pharaonic proportion on top of that. He is the one who make Sinterklaas enter the industrial era. The symbole of this grandeur is the castle-riverboat River Manor. As tall as the town himself, barely fitting the river, this masterpiece of engineering give some much pride to his owner than he made it a Christmas venue for all his co-citizen. Little do he know thought, than this year, this monument to his pride would be stained with blood. And at this moment, the bumbler may succeed to the builder and the real range of his competence may show up....
Description: A great red beard with a strain of white hair. Slighly overweight. bald. Wear a green waistcoat with a red vest.
Relation with other townfolk: His the mayor, duh
Religions: Have being seen in neo-druidic meeting, but mostly Lutheran.
Orientation: Iron straight, althought it might be too pedant to think of himself otherwise.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:08:01 pm by chicar » Logged
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:05:21 am »

I'm in. Here's my OC

Name:Rev. Arthur Malloy
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Job:Newly Appointed Local Priest belonging to an old and well established Church which is currently having its' necessity and role in society questioned by much of the populace)
Biography:Having been found mysteriously abandoned upon a doorstep as a baby with nothing more than a bracelet and raised in a strict Church run orphanage, the Church is all that he has ever known, and there was little question of him following any other calling than the Priesthood. But, the simple life he previously knew in the Orphanage and the Ecclesiastical college is far removed from the hustle and bustle of his new parish in Sinterklaas, and his experiences have left him wiser, but not necessarily holier Tongue. But by coming to Sinterklaas, he feels something that has been awoken deep deep within his being that tortures him in his private moments. A sense of belonging? A question of both his own, and the Church's place in the world? Or something much darker? Wink

Description: As a foundling he and those who raised him are completely unsure of his age, and his face does little to give any confirmation, beyond the fact that he is approaching 30. His experiences in the orphanage as a child have left him thin and of a slight built, though not emaciated, and of average height. Otherwise he is physically unremarkable other than a metal bracelet he wears around his right wrist, the only connection he has to the family that abandoned him.
Relations to other townsfolk: Although as a relative newcomer to the Town he knows few people and has no connection to the town, his role as confessor to the richer and more influential of his parishioners has given him insight into the inner workings of the society.
Religion: Lutheran
Orientation: As a man of the Cloth earthly such matters are far from the mind of the Rev. Malloy, although, it is remarked amongst the town gossips that he may devoting more attention than is befitting a of his position to his young housekeeper  Wink.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:51:49 pm by Madasasteamfish » Logged

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
MrBreaksIt
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

Gravatar

Bachelorate of Quackery

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 11:42:32 am »

Give me a day or so to come up with a sheet.

Age 22-40 take 2 per day or as prescribed, keep away from children, do not use if pregnant or nursing, if effects last longer than four hours please visit your general practitioner.
MrBreaksIt
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

Gravatar

Bachelorate of Quackery

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »

Would this work?

Name: Herr Pietr von Hesse
Ethnicity : Anglo-Saxon
Job: Independent Trade Captain
Biography: Born to the noble von Hesse family (who, strangely enough, do not reside in Hesse), young Pietr lived the first decade or so of his life comfortably enough, being taught in the ways of courtly life as young nobles are. However, at age 11, untold years of financial trouble, coupled with the increasingly roudy working class (damn that Marx fellow) holding all sorts of strikes, rallies, protests and what have you, the family was violently forced from their abode, stripped of their livelihood and forced to retreat to an old property in Gließen (hereon referd to as "Gliessen" because the author is too lazy to continuously type the eszett), where they were abandon by their fickle extended family and forced to stoop to such depths as no high-born soul should ever stoop to; work.

The family patriach, Heinrich von Hessen, seeking a respectable career, purchased an airship, the KMS Alte Füsche, and moved into the business of trading, taking his young son with him as an apprentice. For 8 years, father and son travelled the world, trading in tea, alcohol and machinery, until Heinrich von Hessen passed away of an infection he picked up in Bombay.
The will left the ship and business to Pietr, now in his early 20s, who took the helm with pride and went on to become one of the wealthier independent traders in the sky, somehow still finding the time to indulge the more sophisticated habits of his childhood.

Description or Picture: Somewhat pudgy man of average height. Black hair in a short, neat cut. Sideburns and impressive moustache. Roman nose with a mole perched on the left nostril. Has a tendency to wear yellow.
Relationships with fellow townfolk: Pietr is foreign (German to be precise), and as such has no blood relatives nearby. He does, however, have a former quartermaster who has taken up residence here abouts, a man by the name of John Cornish
Religion: Lutheran
Orientation: Straight

Additional Information: Oh, deary, deary me, it seems as though some part of the above information isn't quite truthful! Herr von Hessen is being rather rude, keeping secrets from his compatriots, is he not? He should best watch himself, should he not want the facts made available to folk other than him and the GM, shouldn't he?
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 02:16:25 pm »

Is quite correct.

As for the question of the world as raised by madasasteamfish, i originally planned to set Sinterklaas in Norway but since i tripped on the religious question ( unless you tell me their anglican in norway ) , we will set rather for a " Anglo-Norwegian Empire".

Sorry to have given so late such important information.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:19:07 pm by chicar » Logged
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 05:21:29 pm »

Is quite correct.

As for the question of the world as raised by madasasteamfish, i originally planned to set Sinterklaas in Norway but since i tripped on the religious question ( unless you tell me their anglican in norway ) , we will set rather for a " Anglo-Norwegian Empire".

Sorry to have given so late such important information.

It's alright, I'm happy enough to alter it to Lutheran (although I don't actually know that much about the religion, but as long as I don't have to sit a theology exam I'll be fine) tbh I only really put 'Anglican' as an example and was only thinking along the lines of an established Protestant Church and if keeping the Norwegian setting helps you I'm happy enough to change it.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 06:39:13 pm »

Can an actual werewolf join in or is there a no dogs in the house rule?

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 10:20:02 pm »

It might be a good touch to add. Just be more the "noble savage" kind than the "unpredictably feral" kind.

Little suggestion: it would be fun if your character practice some form of "werewolf religions"  like either animism,shamanism,totemism or a lunar cult for instance.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:23:17 pm by chicar » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 09:10:23 am »

It might be a good touch to add. Just be more the "noble savage" kind than the "unpredictably feral" kind.

Little suggestion: it would be fun if your character practice some form of "werewolf religions"  like either animism,shamanism,totemism or a lunar cult for instance.

Ah no, afraid not old chum.
He follows a combination of Buddhism, druidism and Iaido/Kendo. (don't ask, I know it's a strange combo but after 160 years ...)
MrBreaksIt
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

Gravatar

Bachelorate of Quackery

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 02:31:14 pm »

Ah no, afraid not old chum.
He follows a combination of Buddhism, druidism and Iaido/Kendo. (don't ask, I know it's a strange combo but after 160 years ...)

Oh dear. This is going to be a weird one, innit?  Huh
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 03:30:52 pm »

Ok then.

Name: James Purcell aka Gray Wolf
Ethnicity:Non Aligned
Job: Former Airship Captain, Director of Ae T&T, Frelance hunter/retriever, bored millionaire.
Biography:Born in 1850, current time zone = 2013, Airship captain till 1890, MIA till 1891 (medical records show was killed for the first time during this time but revived with no memories.) rescued in 1892. All details of history between 1892 and 2011 have been redacted from all know records but there are rumours of sighting during WW2. Director of Ae T&T to current date. Reason for being in current location unknown but thought to be passing through.
Description or Picture: Human form is a bout 5"6' and dressed as a gray Druid but with deep fur cloak. Carries a sword and Colt 1851 revolver. Noticeable traits: Left eye is gold and 3 scars run down left side of face.
Wolfen form is a three tailed werewolf standing over seven foot tall with same facial scar. Can also assume the form of a giant wolf (also 3 tailed and gray)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 05:34:25 pm »

Oh my god, TIME SETTING, that a another thing I should have put. Funny how many things I have considered as giveaways.Autism a bitch, i guess.

Alright then.

Lady and gentlemen, the official canon

Place: Sinterklaas, Norway
Time: End of the 1890's

Also, i'm comtemplating now two possibility for the tech level:

a) steam powered fantasy 1960's, so than the sci-fi part don't interfere with the mystery part.
b) All you can eat soft science buffet, so than the structural part don't interfere with the fun part.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:03:50 pm by chicar » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 06:24:54 pm »

Oh my god, TIME SETTING, that a another thing I should have put. Funny how many things I have considered as giveaways.

Alright then.

Lady and gentlemen, the official canon

Place: Sinterklaas, Norway
Time: End of the 1890's

Also, i'm comtemplating now two possibility for the tech level:

a) steam powered fantasy 1960's, so than the sci-fi part don't interfere with the mystery part.
b) All you can eat soft science buffet, so than the structural part don't interfere with the fun part.

As long as I don't make come into contact with myself (shouldn't be too hard as I was in Japan!) I am sure I can find the correct portal to get there (or I can just hijack one!) *Shifty eye's)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 01:30:59 pm »

One week left before the event debut and no more participant than that ? Hope is not my clunky worldbuilding process who dettered prospecting player. If sunday 30 i don't have at least 3 more players, i  may have to report the event or even cancel it.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 02:12:51 pm »

One week left before the event debut and no more participant than that ? Hope is not my clunky worldbuilding process who dettered prospecting player. If sunday 30 i don't have at least 3 more players, i  may have to report the event or even cancel it.

Don't forget that there are over 309,000 people all over this world busy with NaNoWriMo at the moment and like myself most of the Associations of villains are all busy with it!
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 02:22:14 pm »

Hey, hey , hey , I'm not scorning anyone here, i'm just saying we are not enough to play the type of game we plan to play.

But you're right, reporting is the wisest course of action.

New date: 20 December 2013 to January 5 2014  (in other word: from my birthday to Epiphania , the way my family traditionally pace the Holidays period)

But just so everybody be inform, this game scenario is only playable with ideally 10 players, minimum 6. I'm sorry to have bet on the game popularity, and most importantly on your schedule, but let not forget the point of the game is a player is killed off the start.  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:37:21 pm by chicar » Logged
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 07:19:29 pm »

Hey, hey , hey , I'm not scorning anyone here, i'm just saying we are not enough to play the type of game we plan to play.

But you're right, reporting is the wisest course of action.

New date: 20 December 2013 to January 5 2014  (in other word: from my birthday to Epiphania , the way my family traditionally pace the Holidays period)

But just so everybody be inform, this game scenario is only playable with ideally 10 players, minimum 6. I'm sorry to have bet on the game popularity, and most importantly on your schedule, but let not forget the point of the game is a player is killed off the start.  Tongue

Sorry if It came over a bit sharp!
Bit hard to taper feeling when typing.
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »

Same goes for me.  Wink

In a matter of fact, i'm the ones who get consdescending, you just put me back in my place.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:38:43 pm by chicar » Logged
MrBreaksIt
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

Gravatar

Bachelorate of Quackery

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 10:22:39 am »

I'm afraid I'll be dropping out, then. Far too short for my tastes.
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 02:01:59 pm »

I think that too. We can do dec 5 to jan 5 if you want.

No matter what happen, i will surely make a second attempt next year  , when i will make to applicate this year lesson....as you surely guessed right now than i still learning.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:06:27 pm by chicar » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: