The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 07:11:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minecraft 1.7.X] Steamcraft2 Minecraft Mod [Beta 4.5] [Forge]  (Read 11386 times)
violaambroseflux
Officer

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2013, 12:29:18 pm »

event : a day of lightning storms on Tesla birthday (10 July 1856)

event: martian invasion?
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Vampyre Lord of the Twilight Overlord of Hellfire

jacknife98
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2013, 06:43:51 pm »

Heh, now those sound fun. To the ideas list XD
But, anyone think of something to occur for steamy Christmas event?

N.B Don't be surprised to find a lot of very unfinished stuff in v3, I was just so happy to finally be able to reobfuscate again!

Spammers Flattened: 52
"Not on my watch!"
Screaming Lord Pea Green
Snr. Officer

Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2013, 07:23:35 pm »

...steamy Christmas event?...

There's a reason Santa gave coal to naughty boy and girls.....

The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2013, 07:30:37 pm »

Heh, now there is an idea  Cheesy
violaambroseflux
Officer

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2013, 08:05:41 pm »

steamy Christmas event?
a snowman plague (immune to melting till boxing day)
we already had the xmas chests
all fire tree leaf blocks have baubles(candles) on them and emit light, and snow on the top of the block
a sleigh and  reindeer cross the sky at midnight eve/day (above the block limit similar to the sun bit faster)
all the empty slots in your inventory filled with random items at midnight (but mostly coal :-) )
a random village appears (once in a snow biome) filled with a santa (iron golem, reskinned) and elves ( baby zombies, reskinned , passive, villager  trades free one item only, possible for a lump of coal)

all xmasy but not really steamy ( apart from the coal)
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2013, 08:20:04 pm »

Cyber-Pumkin Enhatted Snow Golems perhaps.
Cheyenne Wright
Officer
United States United States

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2013, 12:09:09 pm »

How hard would it be to revamp the Nether? If possible adding jungle and volcano biomes, jungle temples, and dinosaur mobs! Turning it into more of a "Center of the Earth" type location.

I'd also suggest naturally spawning portals to there that can be found in deep caves or other appropriate locations. (river rapids?)

Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2013, 12:11:54 pm »

I don't know about changing up the Nether - would restrict what I could do - but I could add a new dimension...named "The Inner Earth" perhaps. I could perhaps make it so there is no longer bedrock but obsidian at the bottom of the world, and when you dig through it, it teleports you to the inner earth? Sounds cool to me!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:23:01 pm by Major Vincent Smith » Logged
violaambroseflux
Officer

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2013, 03:49:46 pm »

by the same rules you could have a floating island dimension accessed by flying up to above the block limit

you could create random generated structures at bedrock that pierce the bedrock allowing access to the center earth dimension, that way they would have to be located rather then dig straight down ( like strongholds)

additional note what about a mod that has a nausea area affect ( cthulhu mythos)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:53:13 pm by violaambroseflux » Logged
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2013, 03:51:23 pm »

Well - my plans are flying up above the block limit will take you the Ether! and then flying above the block limit in the ether will bring up  a gui where you can select a planet to fly to. I'm implementing the entire solar system  Shocked
violaambroseflux
Officer

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2013, 03:53:49 pm »

ok, see last post for an edit lol
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2013, 05:10:16 pm »

Oooh, I like the idea of having to find a structure to pierce the bedrock. I have just finished coding the obsidian layer so, will make a config option so you can have it obsidian, or have to find structures. Perhaps if I make the obsidian layer thicker, it will make it worth finding the structure anyway. Second point - I don't quite understand.
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

Mundus Patria Nostra!

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2013, 09:31:01 pm »

On the subject of odd portals and whatnot.. I was watching PoTC At World's End the other day.. Remember the Up is Down scene? Any chance of coding anything like it? Like building an upside down ship and when activated it flips the ship right side up in some weird dimension (Davy Jones' Locker?) - flip the ship again to return.. Grin

Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End - Up Is Down Scene

Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2013, 09:49:31 pm »

Mkay, few things I thought I'd just point out.... having the WHOLE bedrock layer as obsidian could be problematic; can you see people building hidden holes and stuff to annoy people? Tongue I'd say having structures you need to look for, like fortresses, would be the best way but at the same time I LOVE the idea of burrowing below bedrock to go the the "core"!!!

The Aether thing I like, a good floating island is great, but the ability to go to other worlds would be amazing! Cheesy Especially if you need big-ass diving suits to not suffocate!

And Aku; that would be astounding, but that would also be one of the most complicated things I've ever seen in a mod..... If our Vincent could do it I'd love it, but damn is it complicated! O.o
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

Mundus Patria Nostra!

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2013, 09:57:10 pm »

I know absolutely nothing about modding MC, so it's easy to come up with all sorts of goofy but impossible ideas.. Grin

I was thinking about the idea a bit as a portal - you have a set structural design for nether/end portals. Deviate from the design or use differnet materials and your portal won't work. Similarly, I don't think you could just build any random ship or floating structure - it'd have to be one specific design..

If you compare it to the end portal: it has an entry and an exit portal of different designs. Likewise, you could build your upside-down boat as entry portal, activate it, and you'll reappear in an exit portal shaped as the same boat right side up.

You could leae it at that to travel back and forth, but it would perhaps be more in keeping with the POTC event if the portal on the far side got destroyed when you go through it so you'd have to reconstruct the up-side-down boat on the other side..

Just make sure the design is easy enough, and the materials are common, to avoid people getting stuck in some other dimension..

I might still be oversimplifying this in my mind, but the way I envision this, you could do without fancy graphics/animations like the movie..
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2013, 10:12:42 pm »

Mkay, few things I thought I'd just point out.... having the WHOLE bedrock layer as obsidian could be problematic; can you see people building hidden holes and stuff to annoy people? Tongue I'd say having structures you need to look for, like fortresses, would be the best way but at the same time I LOVE the idea of burrowing below bedrock to go the the "core"!!!

The Aether thing I like, a good floating island is great, but the ability to go to other worlds would be amazing! Cheesy Especially if you need big-ass diving suits to not suffocate!

And Aku; that would be astounding, but that would also be one of the most complicated things I've ever seen in a mod..... If our Vincent could do it I'd love it, but damn is it complicated! O.o
~Longeye~
Currently, with option one (not that there are other options yet! xD) you have this:
Couple 'fuzzy' layers of obsidian - like the current bedrock fuzz
1 layer of block which looks like obsidian and teleports you to "The Deep" when you touch it
1 flat layer of default bedrock
 - So no way to get to the void still
Option two is planned to be normal bedrock (flattened if you turn it on WarCore config) with structures that have portals to the deep at the bottom of them.
On other worlds and in the Ether you are gonna need to wear a respirator. The way I see it, Ether contains just about enough oxygen to breath with a little bit of assistance. Perhaps if you wear a respirator in the overworld you get a speed boost from the extra oxygen - that would be fun.
Now, bigass brass diving suits would be fun. Dangit - sooo many cool ideas!
Be warned people - mine too deep in the "Deeps" and you will definitely hit lava - like hitting the mantle. And lava in general will be more common. May make the lower part of the Deeps out of a special stone that is a bit harder to mine, as if it is been more compressed. Also might make it so you need a respirator to breathe down there, it's so deep.  

I know absolutely nothing about modding MC, so it's easy to come up with all sorts of goofy but impossible ideas.. Grin

I was thinking about the idea a bit as a portal - you have a set structural design for nether/end portals. Deviate from the design or use differnet materials and your portal won't work. Similarly, I don't think you could just build any random ship or floating structure - it'd have to be one specific design..

If you compare it to the end portal: it has an entry and an exit portal of different designs. Likewise, you could build your upside-down boat as entry portal, activate it, and you'll reappear in an exit portal shaped as the same boat right side up.

You could leave it at that to travel back and forth, but it would perhaps be more in keeping with the POTC event if the portal on the far side got destroyed when you go through it so you'd have to reconstruct the up-side-down boat on the other side..

Just make sure the design is easy enough, and the materials are common, to avoid people getting stuck in some other dimension..

I might still be oversimplifying this in my mind, but the way I envision this, you could do without fancy graphics/animations like the movie..
That idea is CRAZY! but, dammit, it would be so cool, so I will have to do this at some point - seems possible...MC's portal code actually works quite a lot like how you set it out above. Although I am not sure where I would send you with the ship.

I'm ending up with a whole lot of dimensions: The Ether, Deeps, all 8 of the Planets, Pluto... wow - perhaps I gotta work on a special way to handle dimensions to prevent the crazy lag if people start chunloading these things  Tongue

On a side note - I'm a Senior Officer now?? Just from posting on this thread? Wow  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:15:08 pm by Major Vincent Smith » Logged
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

Mundus Patria Nostra!

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2013, 10:28:13 pm »

That idea is CRAZY! but, dammit, it would be so cool, so I will have to do this at some point - seems possible...MC's portal code actually works quite a lot like how you set it out above. Although I am not sure where I would send you with the ship.

I'm ending up with a whole lot of dimensions: The Ether, Deeps, all 8 of the Planets, Pluto... wow - perhaps I gotta work on a special way to handle dimensions to prevent the crazy lag if people start chunloading these things  Tongue

On a side note - I'm a Senior Officer now?? Just from posting on this thread? Wow  Cheesy

Yeah, no idea what dimension woul dbe suitable.. in the movies, the locker is pretty much an endless desert. That doesn't seem like a whole lot of fun.. maybe an archipelago world? A big ocean filled with little islands? Would be kinda cool to connect them with bridges and buildings and whatnot..
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 10:30:52 pm »

Does seem like fun  Cheesy I think setting the max biome height of the "Archipelago" to below sea level results in a pretty nice island world. Dangit, thats another dimension for the list! 
Cheyenne Wright
Officer
United States United States

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2013, 01:38:18 am »

I like option two the most - Normal Bedrock with 'fissures' that let an explorer slip into the inner earth.

Be warned people - mine too deep in the "Deeps" and you will definitely hit lava - like hitting the mantle. And lava in general will be more common. May make the lower part of the Deeps out of a special stone that is a bit harder to mine, as if it is been more compressed.

Please allow me to pitch an alternate take - when you emerge from a fissure into the inner earth it's usually at the bottom of the world.  Maybe a cave system, or a ravine. Nothing too insurmountable - but make the lower areas more devoid of 'good stuff' - encouraging explorers to climb up to the inner surface where the riches are... along with dinosaurs (and elder things).

it's always 'day' because in place of the sun is a giant molten ball of lava held up by strange magnetic forces - and because it's inside the earth, make the skybox look like more land that stretches up and behind the 'inner sun' to help sell the hollow earth vibe.

my two cents.

also - mentions of diving suits makes me want sunken ocean ruins rich in marble and emeralds

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:44:27 am by Cheyenne Wright » Logged
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 09:33:53 am »

I like option two the most - Normal Bedrock with 'fissures' that let an explorer slip into the inner earth.

Be warned people - mine too deep in the "Deeps" and you will definitely hit lava - like hitting the mantle. And lava in general will be more common. May make the lower part of the Deeps out of a special stone that is a bit harder to mine, as if it is been more compressed.

Please allow me to pitch an alternate take - when you emerge from a fissure into the inner earth it's usually at the bottom of the world.  Maybe a cave system, or a ravine. Nothing too insurmountable - but make the lower areas more devoid of 'good stuff' - encouraging explorers to climb up to the inner surface where the riches are... along with dinosaurs (and elder things).

it's always 'day' because in place of the sun is a giant molten ball of lava held up by strange magnetic forces - and because it's inside the earth, make the skybox look like more land that stretches up and behind the 'inner sun' to help sell the hollow earth vibe.

my two cents.

also - mentions of diving suits makes me want sunken ocean ruins rich in marble and emeralds

Always good to have things configurable!
As to starting you at the bottom, that seems like a very good idea, and that way I won't have to make an upside down generator. I can just put in the world layers in reverse:
Sky - with a custom skybox (all my dimensions will eventually have this)
Surface layer - i'm thinking maybe jungle
normal stone
hard stone
bottom <- you would enter and exit here.  
Now, as for undersea ruins rich in marble and emerald, how about rich in quartz and emerald so I don't have to add a new block  Wink But, again, a cool idea, which will undoubtedly be done at some point.
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

Mundus Patria Nostra!

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2013, 10:12:00 am »

You will likely end up with a new biome / dimension for every player, lol Tongue

Regarding the Lost World idea - I'm pretty sure there is already a dinosaur mod out. Perhaps you could borrow some of their code?
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2013, 10:19:16 am »

You will likely end up with a new biome / dimension for every player, lol Tongue

Regarding the Lost World idea - I'm pretty sure there is already a dinosaur mod out. Perhaps you could borrow some of their code?
It's like mystcraft but without the randomness  Cheesy
And, well, I don't know about code borrowing, but dinosaurs in the inner earth does sound fun.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:55:13 pm by Major Vincent Smith » Logged
violaambroseflux
Officer

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2013, 01:11:51 pm »

ok clarify my last bit of my last comment ( my fault, im a terrible typist)

a dimension that has has the nausea affect, to promote the effect non-Euclidean geometry ( maybe its in the strong holds in the over world as well), and maybe mythos mobs that have the nausea area affect

mobs -
Deep ones ( don't drown)
Hounds of Tindalos (Enderman teleport ability)

as for the cavern world, there are two types

1- a dark cave world ( or lit by plants / minerals), nether like
2 - a hollow earth world ( 24/7 light from a stationary sun, no real sky but the image of the other side of the world (access as you say from the bottom of the world

lost world
I like the idea of dinosaurs in a lost world biome ( say a large jungle mesa biome (averages at 128 blocks high ( prof challenger style)

dimension -  
mountains of madness ( nausea), access from a random structures in the overworld  snow mountain  biomes, the world would be all augmented snow mountains, mythos mobs ( elder things ( use blazes flying ability), no idea how to do shoggoths  will leave that up to other people

Dimension - Rylh a complete dimension of strongholds and nausea

As for the planets

Mercury - a roofless nether, liquid metals (replace water), and act as lave on player, possible poison as well

Moon - no air, Selenites (zombie pig men/ wolf pack mentality), double movement/jump ( low gravity), no slow light transition from day to night, an actual line that moves across the world, one side day the other night

Mars - red desert, limited water (can you stop infinite pool formation) red/ green and white martians

Venus - huge jungle world, no oceans, dinosaurs, lots of poisonous mobs and plants

Saturn: floating islands ( ground level), flying mobs, the lower you get the faster you drown, as the air turns liquid, rocky field high in the air ( above 128) from west to east each field is 20-100 blocks wide ( north to south), the higher in the ring the  different colored rock, possibly the floating spheres mod ( no idea what its actual names is ) as  moons

Jupiter : floating islands ( ground level), flying mobs, the lower you get the faster you drown, as the air turns liquid, constant storms ( acid rain) and lightning strikes, always overcast, , possibly the floating spheres mod ( no idea what its actual names is ) as  moons

Neptune/uranus  - frozen ocean worlds, high gravity, jump to move up one block, slow movement

Pluto - frozen wasteland, water above level 30 freezes fast even if  blocked from sky, so cold you take damage from it

MISC
What about wool Armour ( or just basic clothing), protection from cold?
 or add clothing to leather Armour for cold protection

I did give saturn rings,

Saturn: floating islands ( ground level), flying mobs, the lower you get the faster you drown, as the air turns liquid, rocky field high in the air ( above 128) from west to east each field is 20-100 blocks wide ( north to south), the higher in the ring the  different colored rock , possibly the floating spheres mod ( no idea what its actual names is ) as  moons

and Jupiter storms
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:37:24 pm by violaambroseflux » Logged
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2013, 01:43:50 pm »

That's actually pretty close to what I had in my head - especially with the planets. I really need to find my tin hat. To think I used to struggle with mod ideas!
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

Mundus Patria Nostra!

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2013, 03:00:19 pm »

I have to ask though - with so many worlds being very hostile towards the player, what's the point of visiting them aside from bragging rights?

I love the lost world idea.. the mountains of madness not so much. if the nausea effect is permanent, I don't see any reason to go there at all, really..

Mercury and the moon sound pretty cool.. Mars could be sweet as well..
Venus - would the dinosaurs be the same as in the lost world? If so, there is not much point having both..
Saturn and Jupiter sound very similar. If the acid rains on jupiter damaged the player, that could be a nice challenge. Is there any way for the storms to behave more storm-like? Damage structures, blow players around, etc.?
Neptune, Uranus and Pluto  are pretty much the same as well. Could use a bit more variety..

Not sure how to solve this though - maybe fewer, fictional planets? Oh and rings! Jupiter needs rings of sorts! If you want to change things up, Have the Jupiter spawn on one of the rings - rather than the planet itself. Just a whole world made up of floating, irregular shaped islands in weird and wonderful colors. That would rule out the acid rin and storms though..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: