The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 12, 2017, 11:42:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minecraft 1.7.X] Steamcraft2 Minecraft Mod [Beta 4.5] [Forge]  (Read 11536 times)
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:19 pm »

Heh, fun Cheesy

There MUST be an iron cap in the mod that you can put on them to invert that Wink Maybe make them chests that'll follow you?
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

Vampyre Lord of the Twilight Overlord of Hellfire

jacknife98
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »

Iron cap? Explain further, you've lost me  Roll Eyes Following chests, now, there is an idea. Anyone fancy a chest on legs?

Spammers Flattened: 52
"Not on my watch!"
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 10:23:41 pm »

Like a mind control helmet

~Longeye~
violaambroseflux
Officer

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 11:18:47 pm »

now there an idea for a mod "disc world"
Screaming Lord Pea Green
Snr. Officer

Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 11:24:22 pm »

Shotgun being Nobby Nobbs!

The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 02:52:00 pm »

Funny you guys should start talking about disc world, I have two of the books on my desk right now!
Right, Alpha v2b hotfix uploaded, that will teach me to distribute an untested mod!  Roll Eyes
violaambroseflux
Officer

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 03:41:33 pm »

Shotgun being Nobby Nobbs!
if we are making claims  then Tiffany Aching or Angua

Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 07:34:05 pm »

Dibs being the luggage  Wink
TheBladeRoden
Officer
United States United States

Quoz!

TheBladeRoden
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2013, 07:56:30 am »

Man, you work fast! After my first day of modding all I made was a dummy block that I couldn't even get to show up in game.
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 08:12:23 am »

Just to clarify, this is in no way my first mod - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1953181-164162-sspsmp-wars-mod-hub-nqodturffusedquartzneutralcreepers-forge-100-dls/. Its my first released (planned to be) largeish mod tho  Wink Plus, I am doing things I haven't done before, like mobs, and working out when I get errors is like a big puzzle to me, and I really enjoy the statisfaction I get when it all works  Cheesy
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »

I have a suggestion, what about making the auto-gen airships in the world dungeons? Like plague ships, riddled with zombies and eldritch horrors. This could become a real challenge if you use custom mob spawners, an airship full of silverfish or witches would make a real nasty challenge. Blazes might be an idea too. (How about fighting monsters and looting on the run while the ship goes up in flames under you?)

Loot chests that give out truly useful stuff would also be a plus.

I wonder if you could program sky pirate mobs for this purpose, basically copy the pigman AI, only make them aggro when you open chests near them? I think there's a thing in nether ores where pigman have a chance to aggro if you mine nether ores, you might be able to just tweak this code.

---

Another idea that sort of goes with this, a back-mounted wingpack would be awesome. (the concept is basically fold-up gliding wings in a backpack, attached to a small motor for propulsion.) I was thinking sort of like the rocket pack in the direwolf modpack, but with less extreme controls.

When you step off of anything, the wings would slow your fall to about the rate of a MC chicken, with a bonus of being able to 'glide' very quickly in any direction. (basically using walking controls, and you could speed up to faster than a normal run) You could 'flap' the wings to gain altitude (using spacebar, kind of like having infinite jumps in midair, though probably gaining more height.) The downside to this would be that flapping uses both fuel for the wingpack motor and drains your hunger bar very quickly. Like if the flapping was hand-powered and motor-augumented. Gliding would be nearly passive and use just a little fuel. A button that makes you dive would be a plus also, so you don't end up circling for a long time to get down to somewhere.

---

Hope you don't mind my huge post, I love designing stuff like this but haven't the faintest idea how to code, so I can only dream and bother other people with it.

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 08:25:11 am »

Well, if you read my above suggestion list properly, I am planning "Sky Pirates"  Wink Yes, I wasn't just going to let you walk into the ship, and take it over. There will be ships in varying levels of decay, and takeover. Perhaps very rarely, you will find one occupied by villagers, but more likely it has been boarded by pirates. I think I will make pirates always aggro though. Yes, there will be blazes/fires that spawn on some ships. (Dispenser firetraps anyone?)
--
The wingpack sounds awesome, it will be a nice puzzle for me to code. Please, do continue throwing any ideas you have at me, I enjoy a challenge. 
--
Your wall of text deserves another in return ;-) (more of a hedgerow than a wall though  Roll Eyes )
violaambroseflux
Officer

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 05:22:28 pm »

why not have the blazers spawn in the engine rooms,
seems reasonable to me,
I once ran my entire base of blaze tier 5 spawners lol

if you use blaze spawners they will only spawn when the person gets into the engine room
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 06:47:08 pm »

Hmm, that could be possible. Remember though, we are not limited to vanilla here, the sky is literally the limit (until Cubic Chunks  Tongue). Ever read about pirates scuppering ships by holing the bottom? How about Sky Pirates scuppering airships with a flint and steel!
Screaming Lord Pea Green
Snr. Officer

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 08:16:00 pm »

--
The wingpack sounds awesome, it will be a nice puzzle for me to code. Please, do continue throwing any ideas you have at me, I enjoy a challenge. 
--

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the power suit have the option of glider wings, that slow rate of descent down to MC chicken levels? may be a handy starting point if you were opting to create a wingpack.
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 08:18:58 pm »

That it does. Although OpenBlock's glider does essentially the same thing, except, OpenBlock's src is public for anyone to take inspiration from, so I shall use that, rather than using the standard practice of "Decompile-Borrow Code-???-Profit!"
Andrew Styles
Gunner

(Aspiring) Airship Captain for Her Majesty's Army

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

Airship contest maybe?

I second this motion. Is the Minecraft server up now? Last I saw, it was being shut down. it would honestly get me back into it if the server was still up.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:27:36 pm by Andrew Styles » Logged

"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2013, 06:06:13 pm »

Been up for a while Smiley
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40250
~Longeye~
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2013, 07:25:38 pm »

I would wait till the imminent 1.6 reset to get back into it though  Wink Mod Update: Not much getting done, too much homework  Shocked
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2013, 06:00:03 pm »

Just a quick question re the mod:
I have two coding styles. The first, implement quite a lot of features in basic form, and then revisit and tweak them, or code it feature by feature making each highly detailed. The first would result in a lot of half-baked, possibly even untextured content, and fairly regular updates, whereas the second would result a lot of time in between updates often adding only a few things. Which would you prefer?
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2013, 06:17:42 pm »

Personally I prefer the first option. Getting something out fairly quickly with frequent updates, BUT never breaking backwards if you can help it.
~Longeye~
Screaming Lord Pea Green
Snr. Officer

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:35 am »

It may seem i'm being purposefully troll-y here, but I prefer the second option. Often times the half-baked content is too broken to use, and has negative impacts on other fully functional areas of a mod, better to get everything from a section working before releasing...at least from my perspective, having never done anything more technical than plugging in a graphics card to my pc, which I presume is about a 2 on a 1-10 scale of technicality, with 1 being plugging the pc into a socket.
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2013, 09:50:18 am »

Well that makes it difficult! Although, I am actually inclined to agree with you Pea, you put forward some very important points. Alpha v3 is still a while off since I made massive underlying changes, not much content, but sub-classing and repackaging broke quite a lot. EDIT: v3 will also contain finalised ids, changed from last time to hopefully not need reconfiguring when installed on FTB Wink
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:52:39 am by Major Vincent Smith » Logged
woutar
Deck Hand
Netherlands Netherlands

Well, what do I know?

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2013, 09:50:03 pm »

Steampunk? Like. Minecraft? Like. Combination? Good idea!

A shower can make barbarians gentlemen.
Might have happend to me......
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

jacknife98
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2013, 10:34:57 pm »

And know I have finally killed the Reobf gremlin once and for all - hopefully - here is the random aka I forgot what I added v3 update. Please note my note (Yay! English!) beside the download in the Original post.

EDIT: On a festive note, I quite fancy the idea of date events in my mod, so anyone got any ideas for steamy christmas things I could implement? I know I want to make a cyber pumpkin for Halloween though.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:17:28 am by Major Vincent Smith » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: