The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 07:44:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terry Pratchett 'Raising Steam'  (Read 3506 times)
Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Edwardian summer

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 09:04:59 pm »

I wanted the Witches.  I wanted them to have tea on the train and have Nanny Ogg spike the tea and Granny sniff at everything and Magrat wave a smoking bunch of herbs all over the place and set off a fire alarm and derail the whole thing.  Nostalgia for simpler times.  I was reminded of Terry Pratchett when I heard on the news that the Ukranians were 'reinforcing their road-blocks with little old ladies.'  Daring the Russians to mow down little old ladies.  Terry Pratchett said that most of the world's power is compacted in black-clad little old ladies -- and now they are being utilized as a WMD!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:06:49 pm by Arabella Periscope » Logged

Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'
George Salt
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 10:02:50 pm »

I was reminded of Terry Pratchett when I heard on the news that the Ukranians were 'reinforcing their road-blocks with little old ladies.'  Daring the Russians to mow down little old ladies.  Terry Pratchett said that most of the world's power is compacted in black-clad little old ladies -- and now they are being utilized as a WMD!

Night Watch and the Glorious Revolution of the Twenty-Fifth of May..

One thing Vimes was learning fast was the natural vindictiveness of old ladies, who had no sense of fair play when it came to fighting soldiers; give a granny a spear and a hole to jab it through, and young men on the other side were in big trouble.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: