The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 09:47:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: music boxes  (Read 1260 times)
1helios1
Officer
United States United States

« on: October 05, 2007, 04:07:41 am »

does anyone know where one could find custom made music boxes?
Prof. A. Morphous
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 04:39:01 am »

M. Helios,

That would most likely depend on what customization one requires. Do you need a custom case or a custom "movement"? If you want a music box that plays a specific song many sites on the aether carry a wide supply of song selections, Though I do not know if many (or any companies) are set up to place a song you create into a box. If you want a custom enclosure there are many options and a good place to start would be google. "custom made music boxes" garnered 2,240,000 hits. With a little more info, we might be able to help focus your search.

-Prof. A. Morphous  Grin

"All of my comments are random thoughts, meant to help, praise or suggest a path of travel. All should be pondered, and disregarded as you see fit."

I feel like punching a penguin in the face today. -Ella Kremper
1helios1
Officer

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:38:17 am »

yeah, the have tons of song options, and there are plenty of places to get custom enclosures, but i want a particular tune (one that is certainly not already made). im wondering if anybody knows where i can find a group that can take any tune and make a music box that plays it
sidecar_jon
Snr. Officer

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 06:42:31 pm »

Not sure if this is what you want but theres a whoel bunch of musical movments here http://www.deanorgans.co.uk/musical_movements.htm  and one you can make your own music for here http://www.deanorgans.co.uk/order_musicalmovements_mbm20hp.htm

Angel
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Chrome dome, goggles on, dressed all in rubber...

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 06:45:24 pm »

You could always make it digital, just stick an MP3 player in with a PTB switch so it turns on when you open it.

"With a rifle, you can kill one man; but with a machine gun, you can make a whole army keep its head down." - Jeremy Clarkson

Buns are obviously not designed for their aerodynamic properties.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: