The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 09:13:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk story free on Amazon for next 3 days (now through Monday)  (Read 664 times)
Aducknamedjoe
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: July 27, 2013, 02:32:08 pm »

In the future it might make sense to have one thread to aggregate free promotions, but since I couldn't find one, here's this!

One of my steampunk short sories is free on Amazon this weekend through the end of Monday.

It's an 8,000 word short story, here's the link to download it for your Kindle, smartphone or tablet:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CLHO8YY

And here's the description:

Their superiors call it insubordination. Henry and James like to think of it as following orders...creatively.

So when the two young officers in Her Majesty's Royal Air Navy, along with their hulking Sikh friend Raheem, decide to rescue the famous General Gordon, trapped in a city under siege by an army of religious fanatics, their methods aren't exactly "cricket."

The resulting adventure could bring them glory and fame, or doom them to a painful death at the hands of savage tribesmen.

That is, if their own commanders don't get to them first!

To Rescue General Gordon is an 8,000 word (35 pages) steampunk novelette.

Aaand the cover:

CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 03:25:10 pm »

In the future it might make sense to have one thread to aggregate free promotions, but since I couldn't find one, here's this!

One of my steampunk short sories is free on Amazon this weekend through the end of Monday.

It's an 8,000 word short story, here's the link to download it for your Kindle, smartphone or tablet:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CLHO8YY

And here's the description:

Their superiors call it insubordination. Henry and James like to think of it as following orders...creatively.

So when the two young officers in Her Majesty's Royal Air Navy, along with their hulking Sikh friend Raheem, decide to rescue the famous General Gordon, trapped in a city under siege by an army of religious fanatics, their methods aren't exactly "cricket."

The resulting adventure could bring them glory and fame, or doom them to a painful death at the hands of savage tribesmen.

That is, if their own commanders don't get to them first!

To Rescue General Gordon is an 8,000 word (35 pages) steampunk novelette.

Aaand the cover:

Reading it now

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Aducknamedjoe
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 04:06:03 pm »

Reading it now

Awesome, hope you enjoy it!
pakled05
Officer

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 03:37:03 am »

one thing about being in SP, sometimes technology bewilders me...Wink Is there a way to download the selection, and is it absolutely necessary to join Amazon?
Aducknamedjoe
Deck Hand

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:56:14 am »

one thing about being in SP, sometimes technology bewilders me...Wink Is there a way to download the selection, and is it absolutely necessary to join Amazon?

If you PM me your email address I can email it to you in whatever format you prefer; PDF, .mobi, ePub.  Let me know!
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 08:47:15 am »

BTW (Wish I thought of this earlier.) Look into posting it to smash words as the offer it in multiple formats and do the distribution to other companies.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 07:00:54 am »

Review (and this is just my opinion)

Short and to the point. This is a typical steampunk style of story that does not rely to much on steam powered technology to drive the story. In its own way, it is a very nice, very enjoyable short. Apart from one or two minor grammar issue's at the beginning, this stands out as one of the best edited and presented self published works I have read for a while.

***** = 5* !
Aducknamedjoe
Deck Hand

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 01:35:21 pm »

Short and to the point. This is a typical steampunk style of story that does not rely to much on steam powered technology to drive the story. In its own way, it is a very nice, very enjoyable short. Apart from one or two minor grammar issue's at the beginning, this stands out as one of the best edited and presented self published works I have read for a while.

***** = 5* !

Wow, thanks!  Any chance you'd be willing to post this review to Amazon too?  It'd really help me with visibility over there.

And thanks for the Smashwords tip, I'll likely be uploading it to there once the story is un-enrolled from Amazon's Select program.
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 03:52:44 pm »

***** = 5* !

Wow, thanks!  Any chance you'd be willing to post this review to Amazon too?  It'd really help me with visibility over there.

And thanks for the Smashwords tip, I'll likely be uploading it to there once the story is un-enrolled from Amazon's Select program.
Already done 5 mins after posting here!
Aducknamedjoe
Deck Hand

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 04:59:26 am »

***** = 5* !

Already done 5 mins after posting here!

Just saw it, thanks so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: