The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 13, 2017, 12:17:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brass Blocks! The Unofficial BG Minecraft Server RETURNS!!  (Read 78325 times)
elShoggotho
« Reply #2425 on: June 24, 2015, 09:36:59 pm »

Herding cats. Meow.
CaptianNivea
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #2426 on: June 26, 2015, 01:49:02 pm »

Well Server Reset I'm OK with "Tick rate lag is getting critical" , Living closer to spawn I'm OK with, However I would like to transfer my sky base. That I'm not finished with it and I would like to finish it so I  could get it transferred that would be great. But all my ME and Storage items I would like wiped and start from scratch but keep the current building with all of its parts in there and put it really high so until I have wings that I could go back there.

Also I agree that spawn needs to have reason and layout, Planing is very difficult but what could be done to make it a passive spawn build community project is, whom ever will be responsible for the Layout figures out what each area will be for at spawn, Assign each area and then if someone on the community wants to build there there Assigned to it. For concurrency of building materials the rule is there are such set blocks for the outside of the building in which will be standard. However some buildings will get the exception due to the uniqueness of what the building will be for. These materials are usually decided collectively and finalized by the responsible person. Inside the buildings will be allowed to have what ever builder would like to put in, As long as it goes with the Main Building Plan. The last thing is the Responsible person of building spawn will be in charge of tying all the buildings together with paths or etc. This is a passive building project meaning anyone can build but if you don't want to you can do your own thing. That leaves the ones who want to Create community builds can and those who like to look at them can. I have been on 1 server that did this, besides the random Greifer issue it worked very well where the builds were reaching over 60 chunks of Very Creative buildings.

The next question is the Seed for a server reset I'm all for Random but before we stick to a map can there be reconnaissance on the new map. If there is a boundary set we need to make sure at least 1 of all the main Biomes are there just so the survival like map can support getting the resources that come from the Specific Biomes. {Magical Forest,Swamp,Extreme Hill. Even a Taint Biome} The only way around that would be the Uber Myst book to make those places, but you wouldn't want 100's of deminshions so maybe community worlds for the missing areas, Also what would be the Mod packs on the new wipe.
Screaming Lord Pea Green
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.

« Reply #2427 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:41 pm »

we need to make sure at least 1 of all the main Biomes are there just so the survival like map can support getting the resources that come from the Specific Biomes. {Magical Forest,Swamp,Extreme Hill. Even a Taint Biome}

My understanding is that:
1) the overworld/spawn world is the only world that is boundary restricted
2) subsequent worlds will allow exploration to find all the survival "stuff"
3) a portal to relevant dimensions will be available in the spawn hub*

*on a separate note, if we're going ahead with the spawn village idea, can we keep any and all portals limited. as in the past I've had issues such as travelling to the nether, only to try returning and popping out at someone elses house. Nether Portals are the worst for that, they're distance based, so all the portals in a set distance default to the first portal created.

The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2428 on: June 26, 2015, 08:37:25 pm »

Okay, so i like the idea of the sectioned thing! Only overworld would be limited, but dimensions are great because we can just delete them when they're done! We need a sandy biome? Done! finished with it? Delete it! Or just back it up and remove it from the server, and replace if needed. It's great like that. As I said; dimensions will completely unload if no-one is in them, so we'd just have a rule that says not to chunkload them. Also with picket dimensions you can have a travelling base in a box Smiley
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
CaptianNivea
Gunner

« Reply #2429 on: June 30, 2015, 03:04:52 am »

With a Server Reset possibly coming about, at least check out spawn Doc and I have done quite a bit to make it at least welcoming and less chaos with a INN, Dock, Bridge to the monolith that I'm working on next. However if other people could make some boats because I suck at it, my try is there and yea it looks weird. But also there is a lava lit light house on top of the volcano, I was thinking stair spiral around or something to get there but that might take time. But anyway feed back will help make it better even its temporary. Also i think i found my favorite fence the Cast Iron Railing from Steam Craft 2, it looks gorgeous Props to you guys.

Cheyenne Wright
Officer

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #2430 on: July 01, 2015, 08:19:49 pm »

A bunch of the MFR machines are requiring Ender IO components to craft at the moment. Not sure if that is intentional or not.

Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2431 on: July 01, 2015, 08:51:08 pm »

MFR does now support eIO materials, but I don't remember actually turning it on. I like it using Thermal Expansion materials, like invar in place of iron, but eIO isn't the best idea for it..... Will disable Smiley
~Longeye~
Bronz_Codex
Gunner
Germany Germany

« Reply #2432 on: July 20, 2015, 05:28:45 pm »

Well I saw that the lag is still a problem and atm I can't get on because of my potato computer so you guys could disable my Ae system, it might cause a bit of lag
Cheyenne Wright
Officer

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #2433 on: July 31, 2015, 04:11:12 am »

The last few times I've tried to log in, Brass Blocks has had a big red X "Can't connect to server". Is something up?
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2434 on: July 31, 2015, 03:21:39 pm »

Oooh, Contabo had to do emergency maintenance and reset the server. Will get back up pronto Smiley
~Longeye~
CaptianNivea
Gunner

« Reply #2435 on: August 06, 2015, 11:06:39 pm »

Did i miss a Memo or is the server down for now i cant connect to the server was there a IP change or still In Maint
Cheyenne Wright
Officer

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #2436 on: August 07, 2015, 03:09:38 am »

As far as I can tell - the server has been offline for a week now.

Been really itching to punch blocks too...
CaptianNivea
Gunner

« Reply #2437 on: August 08, 2015, 06:50:27 pm »

Well bummer i was going to spend all day playing oh well is there a ETA when it might be resolved?
CaptianNivea
Gunner

« Reply #2438 on: August 08, 2015, 07:11:44 pm »

Nevermind its back  Cheesy
Cheyenne Wright
Officer

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #2439 on: August 08, 2015, 07:12:23 pm »

it finally went back online yesterday!

and I spent all my glorious not-free time designing the "tardis control room" for my new Base-in-a-box idea (using recursive dimensional pocket blocks)
doodlingingoggles
Swab

« Reply #2440 on: August 10, 2015, 10:34:45 am »

Ooh, sounds good. I do love an asparagus.
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2441 on: August 11, 2015, 02:59:27 pm »

Sup guys, just a quick message to say I'm not dead, just a bit out of things. It's been a rough month, so a lot has slipped to the background. I'm planning a full update that'll put all mods to latest version and add a few more I've found (as well as trim a couple useless ones out). We're also approaching 100 pages, the ideal cut-off for BG topics as a whole, so I'll be rewriting the intro and updating the website for a new topic.

In other news I've been keeping myself sane by working on the little script for automating tekkit. If you're interested in seeing a 10 line script turn into a (currently) 650+ line program, check out the project on GitHub Smiley
https://github.com/AugustusLongeye/Technic-Script-2/tree/master

Doodlingingoggles; drop me a PM with your MC username and I'll get you added Smiley
~Longeye~
Cheyenne Wright
Officer

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #2442 on: August 12, 2015, 06:06:44 am »

What is in the works to be removed? (So I have time to future proof my new setup)

I'm currently working on transitioning a good chunk of my base to Dimensional Pockets. I love the idea of having a fully functional base 'on me' at all times that I can just pick up and move, (or telepose as the case may be).  

Here is the entry room.

One problem I need to solve is the ability to transmit a redstone signal cross-dimensionally. Any ideas?

While you are talking about adding mods -- what do folks think about MalisisDoors?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2076338-malisisdoors-1-7-10-1-9-3-05-08-2015-see-p99-1993

Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2443 on: August 12, 2015, 11:19:44 am »

So the ones I'm thinking of removing, and reasoning for, are:

Ars Magica 2 - high performance mod, not used much as far as I can tell
Animation API - dependency for AM2
Dynamic Transport - can't even remember what this one does form work
Ex Nihilo - time we get rid of it sadly. Maybe look at own homebrew mod for some recipes
Fluxed Feeder Unit - again, can't remember? think it might be a power converter, but pfft.
Forestry - a lot of forestry has been supplanted. The only thing it still does, really, is bees. It's also got about 5 components and addons which could all go.
Project Red - Unstable, we'd lose integrated chips, but it's adding more problems than solutions
Nodal Mechanics - Not used
Random Things - Again, lots of weird utilities not really used?
Turf Mod - Was slightly unstable, not hugely necessary.

So this is obviously negotiable, just because I've written it here doesn't mean it HAS to go. What I'm mostly looking at it use/cost here. Things like Thaumcraft has quite high cost because of all the entities but it's just SO DAMN USEFUL and used so much we can't get rid of it. Things like Extra Utilities actually have a really low cost, and are hyper useful so it's great. Ars Magics is my example of high cost, but not high use (that I know of). It's got a cool spellbuilding mechanic, and it's great for bosses, but it's also got a lot of high-cost models that impact client as well as server.

We'll be looking to restart the world as well, so things like Ruins and Dense Ore will kick in then. I'm also looking at tweaking biome generation to make it more interesting.

Malisis Door I can't remember, will have to check at home. Is that the custom door one, the laser door one, or the pocket dimension one?

As for Redstone cross dimension, tricky.... you could always use my OLD technique of sending an item through a tesseract/enderchest and checking for presence of it at either end? Other than that I'm not sure.... does Wireless Redstone work cross dimension?
~Longeye~
Cheyenne Wright
Officer

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #2444 on: August 12, 2015, 01:31:16 pm »

Malisis is the custom door one. I belive it adds a 'door factory' block that lets you design the appearance and animation of a door - I first saw it in a Direwolf20 video about a month ago.

Dimensional Doors is cool for getting that "bigger on the inside look" , but not a high priority for me if it impacts framerate.

Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2445 on: August 12, 2015, 02:29:45 pm »

Yeah, it's the door factory one that was in Creative with Auri, right? I'd love that one, great idea! Dimensional doors DESTROYS framerate at the moment I'm afraid, so that's out. We'll keep Dimensional Pockets though; that's awesome.
~Longeye~
Cheyenne Wright
Officer

Gentleman Adventurer

cheyennewright
« Reply #2446 on: September 01, 2015, 08:11:38 pm »

hmm something has gone wrong with my Dimensional Pocket. Last time I played the game crashed as I was entering it -- and now anytime I try to load the game, as soon as I start to spawn into the pocket -- the client crashes.

Not sure if anything can be done but here is the crash log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iyyb6yths1fn6j/crash-2015-09-01_12.01.41-client.txt?dl=0
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2447 on: September 01, 2015, 11:00:23 pm »

Hmm, null pointer, sloppy work. I'm doing the full update tomorrow anyway, so hold tight and we'll see what we can do Smiley
~Longeye~
Major Vincent Smith
Eccentric Gentleman
Snr. Officer

Vampyre Lord of the Twilight Overlord of Hellfire

jacknife98
« Reply #2448 on: September 03, 2015, 08:21:17 pm »

You can never have enough null checks.

Spammers Flattened: 52
"Not on my watch!"
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2449 on: September 03, 2015, 09:40:22 pm »

Right. So good and bad news, mostly bad. I am now at a state I cannot work on the server. I've been looking at this for two days trying to find a way, but Windows 10 (YAY) has introduced a problem with my graphics card. My drivers aren't up to date, and Intel haven't released any for 10 yet (who knows when/if they will). This means that I cannot launch Minecraft. At all. Vanilla, modded, I can't even test if Forge is installed correctly because it instacrashes with a graphic bug.

So, what does that mean? I'm snookered. There are no other computers I can use! I've got a mod list set up, I've got a version of Forge, if you check the pack it'll do an update! I have NO IDEA if that works. Like none,  I don't even know if it compiles yet.

So what am I going to do? After swearing? I'm not sure. If anyone else wants to step up and be given some keys they're welcome to get it running. I can do all the server stuff, I just can't test if the pack is working, what mods are erroring.... literally anything to do with the game. Kinda hard to make a game work like that, right?

I'm hoping Intel push an update soon, or someone find a workaround for it. I will be updating my computer, but after a wedding, deposit for a house, moving to said house, it's at the bottom of an expensive list. I'm looking at other solutions now, but as it stands there is nothing I can do to the client, I'm afraid. Suggestions welcome Sad
~Longeye~
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: