The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 18, 2017, 08:21:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fourth Doctor Who Thread - with a huge scarf  (Read 54322 times)
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1150 on: July 01, 2017, 08:08:08 pm »

Final episode of the series - OMG!  WOW!!!

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #1151 on: July 01, 2017, 09:57:51 pm »

WAAAAAA that episode....

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #1152 on: July 02, 2017, 10:43:57 am »

Well, that was very 'original'....  Grin

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1153 on: July 02, 2017, 12:59:06 pm »

Not long finished here. Well, now ....!

I look forward to the Christmas special.
annevpreussen
Gunner
United States United States

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #1154 on: July 02, 2017, 03:42:56 pm »

BILLLLLLL >o< I will miss her! I think it's kind of sad that she thinks the Doctor is dead... but who knows, maybe she'll run into him (or some of his friends) on her travels. I'm very much looking forward to the Christmas special!

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #1155 on: July 02, 2017, 03:58:19 pm »

BILLLLLLL >o< I will miss her! I think it's kind of sad that she thinks the Doctor is dead... but who knows, maybe she'll run into him (or some of his friends) on her travels. I'm very much looking forward to the Christmas special!

I will definitely miss bill as well. She was such a wonderful character! Probably my new favourite companion.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1156 on: July 02, 2017, 10:47:33 pm »

Absolutely brilliant last episode. Please don't read on if you haven't seen the last episode and don't want the surprises spoiled...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yours,
Miranda.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1157 on: July 03, 2017, 06:28:44 pm »

Strangely enough we'd been discussing your first point about half an hour before the episode started, with husband saying "what a good idea it would be if ...." and me in total agreement.
annevpreussen
Gunner

« Reply #1158 on: July 04, 2017, 06:24:55 pm »

I will definitely miss bill as well. She was such a wonderful character! Probably my new favourite companion.
Martha and Amy and Rory were my favorite companions, but I'm thinking I might have to add Bill into the list because she's so cool Tongue I hope the next companion is either a human from the past (how cool would it be to have someone from 1700 as the new companion???) or a totally non-human alien from a crazy planet somewhere XD

And Miranda, I agree with you about Missy! I feel we haven't seen the last of her...
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1159 on: July 14, 2017, 06:54:48 pm »

I've just seen an announcement that the new Doctor will be revealed on BBC1 after the Wimbledon mean's final on Sunday. My money's on Roger Feeder. No, I mean for Wimbledon, not the Doctor! As to the latter, I wonder who she will be? Wink

Yours,
Miranda.
Professor Hesketh
Officer
England England

Astonishist

« Reply #1160 on: July 16, 2017, 06:43:34 pm »

Well, now we know.  Looking forward to a new direction and the challenges that will bring immensely.
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #1161 on: July 16, 2017, 06:57:06 pm »

Agreed.
Should be interesting, especially with the xmas special likely to be D1 (Bradley) playing against both Capaldi as D12 and the new D13.

*edited in case somebody is lost in the Kalahari and hasn't seen the news
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:16:11 pm by Fairley B. Strange » Logged

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #1162 on: July 16, 2017, 08:53:09 pm »

I'm very curious where the show will go from here
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #1163 on: July 16, 2017, 10:01:12 pm »

I'm very curious where the show will go from here
Hopefully in the direction of a regular number of episodes every year. I have found Moffat's press releases baffling and annoying: "I'm overworked." "I'm not overworked." "More Doctor Who than ever before." "It's taking a year off"  "It needs to only go out in the autumn." "Next season is starting in the spring." and so on. The dedicated Who fans I know have all been saying for years that Moffat's promises are as trustworthy as a porcelain sledgehammer.

Chibnall has a good reputation and is a life-long fan, so I have high hopes.

Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Sorontar
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

All ideas should have wings

« Reply #1164 on: July 17, 2017, 01:08:20 am »

I want to know whether the Valeyard will be presented this season as the big baddy. It would be interested if the newly announced Doctor is just one (good) aspect of the Doctor and the Valeyard is another aspect.

Sorontar

Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1165 on: July 17, 2017, 02:23:19 am »

Well now, this should be interesting! Going to be a real tester for everyone.
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #1166 on: July 17, 2017, 08:21:19 am »

It is likely to bring out a few loud dinosaurs who will "never watch DrWho again" the same as they stopped watching at each previous re-generation, but I believe most will look forward to the change - we all got over our gender-surprise/outrage when the excellent Michelle Gomez took over from the over-manic John Simm, making Missy one of the best regenerations of the Master.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the fun.
Introducing D13 to her previous companions/friends - Kate L-S, Osgood, Capt.Harkness(!!!), Vastra&Jenny, not to mention River (either pre-Darillium or post-Library) , even confusing the combat-potato who has problems picking genders already...
And when the Master comes back as a male (and there will be a return as "death is for other people"), D13 can greet him with the "standard Missi welcome package" just for payback.

My only big question is: Will the 'old-girl' still be caressed and called Sexy...?    Grin
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #1167 on: July 17, 2017, 12:24:40 pm »

Brave move. About time. She's a good actor.

However, I'll wait to see if the writing and stories hold up before commenting on the actual direction and content of the show as a whole.

One thing did strike me about some of the naysayers reactions I've seen....

Hasn't this 'new' direction been the subject of HUGE hints what with Missy, a female Time Lord/Lady, being there for the last three seasons?  Wink
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #1168 on: July 17, 2017, 01:27:07 pm »

When Tom Baker retired as The Doctor he said he wished his successor luck "Whoever he or she might be."  So it just took the BBC a while to get round to trying it.  

I don't know what sort of Doctor Jodie Whittaker will be.  That depends far more on the stories she's given to work with than it does on her gender.

I'm looking forward to The Christmas Special.
annevpreussen
Gunner

« Reply #1169 on: July 17, 2017, 04:27:13 pm »

I wish the new Doctor luck! I've been looking forward to a female Doctor for a long time, and I hope the show doesn't get derailed by writers trying only to make a big statement or by angry fans rioting against the show because they chose a woman. If the show focuses on telling good stories instead of showing off their new female Doctor, and some of the more change-resistant DW fans give the new regeneration of everyone's favorite time traveler a fair chance, I think we're in for a very fun time!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:29:38 pm by annevpreussen » Logged
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1170 on: July 17, 2017, 06:31:40 pm »

One point for the future; it's often noted that there is a dearth of good dramatic parts for more mature actresses (and no, I personally do not count the soaps as 'drama'). So, we have another fairly young person in the role, but I hope in the future the aforementioned mature actresses do get a chance to play the part.

Another slight downer from reading one report - it suggested that with a new showrunner and Doctor there may be another long gap before the next series  Embarrassed

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:33:22 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1171 on: July 18, 2017, 12:24:08 pm »

I would have liked to have seen Alex Kingston back, as the Doctor!
Maybe next regeneration.
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #1172 on: July 18, 2017, 12:47:46 pm »

While Alex Kingston has been incredible as RiverSong, wouldn't it be rather odd to regenerate as one's own deceased spouse?
It may be a sign of enduring affection, but like having one's favourite pets taxidermied around the house, it might be seen to be in poor taste to keep seeing their face in the mirror every morning.

And anyway, this Dr Who and she is 'only' trapped for eternity in a computer matrix, that's not exactly gone and never to return. Now, with the new D13, that is going to be an interesting reunion, and only an actress like Ms Kingston could pull that off without it becoming a french farce...
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #1173 on: July 19, 2017, 11:14:07 am »

I hadn't realised that RiverSong was the Dr's spouse, nor that the character was deceased - have missed a few series here & there!
Pity!
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

« Reply #1174 on: July 19, 2017, 12:04:37 pm »

Oh, sorry, but that does mean I get to say it:

Spoilers, sweetie...!

Oh, you have missed a few little plotpoints. I would recommend at least the last xmas special - "The Husbands of River Song".
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: