The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 01:52:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fourth Doctor Who Thread - with a huge scarf  (Read 53753 times)
Dove
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1000 on: November 23, 2015, 11:48:59 pm »

*sneaks in with closed eyes*

Hello all! I'm excited to join you. I recently fell in love with the doctor I watched the past season, and have been watching the newest one but am not all caught up. I watch on Hulu so I am not sure they have the newest right away.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hope you have room for another in your tardis! I'm also a knitter, so I'm happy to help with the scarf  Tongue

Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1001 on: November 24, 2015, 10:07:11 am »

Hello all! I'm excited to join you. I recently fell in love with the doctor I watched the past season, and have been watching the newest one but am not all caught up. I watch on Hulu so I am not sure they have the newest right away.
I hope you have room for another in your tardis! I'm also a knitter, so I'm happy to help with the scarf  Tongue

Welcome! and never fear, we do have literally acres of room in here. Wink Grin (do be wary of opening spoiler tags in this thread until you're caught up tho, especially right now as we're discussing Dire Plot Developments for the season finale.)

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #1002 on: November 24, 2015, 10:14:04 am »

Welcome! and never fear, we do have literally acres of room in here. Wink Grin (do be wary of opening spoiler tags in this thread until you're caught up tho, especially right now as we're discussing Dire Plot Developments for the season finale.)

welcome indeed, you've been warned for the spoilers.

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
Dove
Officer

« Reply #1003 on: November 24, 2015, 03:19:29 pm »

Thank you all for the welcome! It seems I just need to watch "Face the Raven" and then I'll be on par for the course!
I also have some back reading to do me thinks~ Are any of you other folks the crafty type? I've seen loads of doctor related knits and would like to share should I make some, is that okay here? or best done elsewhere.
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

Fabricator and temporally confused.

« Reply #1004 on: November 24, 2015, 04:43:50 pm »

Welcome!

Showing crafts here is fine, I think.  Or you could start your own threads in Tactile.  I'm sure I would love to see them.

Living on steam isn't easy.
-- Jessica Fortunato

Have you heard?  It's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars.
-- Cole Porter

That's not sinister at all.
-- Old family saying
Maudlin Hart
Deck Hand

« Reply #1005 on: November 24, 2015, 04:56:52 pm »

^In that case... http://preciousterrestrials.tumblr.com/tagged/plushie

Ragamuffin
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #1006 on: November 24, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »

I want to follow your tumblr but it doesn't let me?
nevermind it does now.
GentlePirateLove should now be following you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:09:05 pm by Caledonian » Logged
Dove
Officer

« Reply #1007 on: November 24, 2015, 05:38:06 pm »

What adorable little plushies! They're so well detailed. I'm working on some mitts for the dear husband, but I've gotten into spinning on a drop spindle and back into knitting. I really want to work on some stuff for myself  Cool it seems once people find out you can craft the requests start to pour in.
Maudlin Hart
Deck Hand

« Reply #1008 on: November 24, 2015, 06:47:15 pm »

^Thanks! Next comes Jacobi!Master, Ratchet Hoe Master, Missy, and the Rani. If I have time in between making cosplay and school.
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1009 on: November 24, 2015, 07:31:47 pm »

Those are cute!
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1010 on: November 25, 2015, 01:56:18 am »

Weak plot aside, I think preferred this weeks episode over last weeks eye crust monsters...  And besides, at least there wasn't the WORST attempt at a Geordie accent I have ever heard on TV being used this week. Saying the Geordie phrase "pet" (a North-East English term of endearment) at the end of nearly every sentence does not qualify as a Geordie accent!...  Roll Eyes

Forgive my ignorance, but where was that?

Everytime the lass in charge, Nagata, spoke...

As far as accents go, it was about as realistic as Dick Van Dyke as a cockney chimney sweep!  Roll Eyes

[Server Prayer]
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1011 on: November 25, 2015, 10:06:42 am »

Ohmygosh those are adorable. Cool Might I ask what made you decide on the Patraxes chapter? (read it in your blog description sidebar)
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1012 on: November 25, 2015, 11:04:45 am »

Weak plot aside, I think preferred this weeks episode over last weeks eye crust monsters...  And besides, at least there wasn't the WORST attempt at a Geordie accent I have ever heard on TV being used this week. Saying the Geordie phrase "pet" (a North-East English term of endearment) at the end of nearly every sentence does not qualify as a Geordie accent!...  Roll Eyes

Forgive my ignorance, but where was that?

Everytime the lass in charge, Nagata, spoke...

As far as accents go, it was about as realistic as Dick Van Dyke as a cockney chimney sweep!  Roll Eyes

And thus does my education continue.  Thank you.

All I knew about her accent was that she sounded to my ears very like the actress who played the first Christine Kochanski back in the early seasons of "Red Dwarf", so much so that I wondered if it was a deliberate imitation.

Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #1013 on: November 25, 2015, 05:34:24 pm »

Just seen next week's Radio Times.  River's back in the Christmas episode.

One thing disturbs me about the forthcoming episode this Saturday

& I quote:  "Steven Moffat imbues Heaven Sent with his hallmark intricacies and dares to tamper with Doctor Who lore"

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1014 on: November 25, 2015, 05:47:32 pm »

Six years in the making, The Ten Doctors has finally been completed.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Ten Doctors Saga, The story was a project by Doctor Who enthusiast BabelColour, who in 2009 set out to create a story edited from original footage, that involved all ten incarnations of The Doctor.
The first three episodes were completed fairly quickly, but he was then shut down by BBC Worldride, in spite of the fact that at the time he was working for the BBC who were familiar with his work, and had commissioned him to colourise the episodes from the Jon Pertwee era that had only survived as black and white copies.

But now, the problem has finally been resolved, and here, for your consideration are all four episodes of The Ten Doctors.

The Ten Doctors 1 - The Abduction (by Babelcolour)

The Ten Doctors 2 - The Convergence (by Babelcolour)

The Ten Doctors 3 - The Dark Dimension (by Babelcolour)

The Ten Doctors 4: The Final Trap (by Babelcolour)

Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1015 on: November 25, 2015, 05:48:36 pm »

& I quote:  "Steven Moffat imbues Heaven Sent with his hallmark intricacies and dares to tamper with Doctor Who lore"

Again?
elShoggotho
« Reply #1016 on: November 25, 2015, 05:55:17 pm »

In Moffat's case, "tampering" is usually tantamount to taking a humungous dump on something.
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #1017 on: November 25, 2015, 06:48:16 pm »

Six years in the making, The Ten Doctors has finally been completed.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Ten Doctors Saga, The story was a project by Doctor Who enthusiast BabelColour, who in 2009 set out to create a story edited from original footage, that involved all ten incarnations of The Doctor.
The first three episodes were completed fairly quickly, but he was then shut down by BBC Worldride, in spite of the fact that at the time he was working for the BBC who were familiar with his work, and had commissioned him to colourise the episodes from the Jon Pertwee era that had only survived as black and white copies.

But now, the problem has finally been resolved, and here, for your consideration are all four episodes of The Ten Doctors.

The Ten Doctors 1 - The Abduction (by Babelcolour)

The Ten Doctors 2 - The Convergence (by Babelcolour)

The Ten Doctors 3 - The Dark Dimension (by Babelcolour)

The Ten Doctors 4: The Final Trap (by Babelcolour)

The thing that's always bothered me about that & similar stories ( the 3, 5 & 2 Doctors) is why doesn't the most recent incarnation remember what happened & therefore instantly know how to resolve the situation?
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1018 on: November 25, 2015, 06:55:49 pm »

The thing that's always bothered me about that & similar stories ( the 3, 5 & 2 Doctors) is why doesn't the most recent incarnation remember what happened & therefore instantly know how to resolve the situation?

I think that they tried to address that in the 50th annaversary story. The erlier incarnations had been removed from their timestreams, ad were unable to retain the memory after they returned to the erlier timestream...........

....Or something like that.
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #1019 on: November 25, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »

I believe this is the real reason Koschei shortened the new title to just 'Missy', it was rough enough for D10 when Rose met SJS as his 'ex-', it would be world-shattering for D12 if 'The Missus' was to find out there's a 'Mistress' on the side....

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1020 on: November 25, 2015, 08:15:57 pm »

I'm delighted that River is back.  Let's hear it for the mature woman! (With attitude and red stiletto's).

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1021 on: November 25, 2015, 10:29:44 pm »

If you want to know who or what is chasing after the Doctor in this weeks episode, here you go:

Now then, from what I have been able to dig up about the episode:

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:58:31 pm by Siliconous Skumins » Logged
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1022 on: November 26, 2015, 09:52:12 am »

Enjoy this twitter of 100% accurate made-up Doctor Who facts. Grin Cheesy

Maudlin Hart
Deck Hand

« Reply #1023 on: November 27, 2015, 12:14:25 am »

Ohmygosh those are adorable. Cool Might I ask what made you decide on the Patraxes chapter? (read it in your blog description sidebar)

I'm an artistic sort, and I look nice in purple/heliotrope.
19th Century Space Pilot
Snr. Officer

Cererean
« Reply #1024 on: November 28, 2015, 10:23:17 pm »

Well. Well. Moffat has really outdone himself. Classic Moffat.

Now for some shameless self promotion... http://needsmoremarshmallows.blogspot.co.uk/

- Aetheric Aviatrix
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: