The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 12:14:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sinian Web OOC and Sign Up  (Read 1256 times)
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« on: June 01, 2013, 10:52:32 am »

I'm finally pitching in with another RP. I know there's a whole bunch running, but this is designed to be one players can easily drop in and out of as life occurs around us, so it shouldn't lose momentum too abruptly like a lot of recent ones have.

It's set in 'The New Age of Steam's universe that a few people have been writing for, specifically in Asia (the Sinian states). A full post detailing the world of The New Age of Steam can be found here:
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37181.0.html

Here's the part dealing with Asia specifically.
There's a pretty large mountain range dividing Europe/Africa from Asia and the remaining space around Arabia and Asia Minor is desert and basically uninhabited (save for nomads etc). Mass transit and communication/trade between the two regions pretty much doesn't exist, but there's been enough travel that most people will have probably heard a story of the other continent. The north of Asia (including the bits of old Russia closest to Europe) are basically frozen wastelands that are again uninhabited. Asia is the more prosperous area. It is basically a collection of self-governing 'states' but they all identify largely as one people (this includes regions like India, Japan and some of South-East Asia). South East Asia largely doesn't exist though. Most of the islands are really too fragmented to be of any use to anyone and those that once lived there have long since moved to the more stable ground of mainland Asia.

The RP will be centered around various groups of people moving around what's known as The Sinian Web, which is what they refer to their trade routes as. These trade routes are places where fortunes can be changed by single jobs and millions can be made by traders and raiders alike. We might not all be a part of the same group in-game (we'll see how it goes). The traders tend to move about in groups of around 3 vehicles (with some more mixed travelling movements consisting of dozens).

I'll be following up this post with my own character and if I get enough interest I'll start the game in a few days' time.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 11:25:38 am »

Name: Jonathan Wang-Thomas

Appearance:

Bio:
Jonathan was born in the eastern-most Sinian state on the coast of Old America. His parents were both in the homeguard military force that defended cities from the nomad armies. When the Ultimate Peace came, they settled north of the Iron Road above Old India. Jonathan joined a trading caravan at the age of 14 when his father was tried and found guilty of insubordination upon refusing to relocate his family again and his mother committed suicide after his father's sentencing to death. He had no skills to offer, and was a pickpocket in his early years, earning his keep by picking up trinkets from stalls here and there which the Head Caravansman was able to sell at wildly inflated prices in far-off states. He showed an aptitude for the business side of things and by the time he was 20 he had ascended to the role of Convoy Manager where he was able to turn the traders on to more honest work. Over the next decade the Head Caravansman became increasingly infatuated with the idea of 'going rogue' and turning the trading caravan into a group of raiders. This eventually led to an altercation in which the Head Caravansman was asked to leave, which led him to turn on his trading group and kill those that did not swear loyalty to him. Jonathan stayed with him, though not willingly, for another 3 years, after which he was finally able to escape the rogue caravan during an attack on a marketplace. He spent another three years accumulating enough wealth to purchase his own trading vehicle, a powerful Hubtruck, and has now set out to put together a crew of traders and fleet of vehicles with the intention of running his own trading caravan.
Cassandra Sheffield
Gunner
United States United States

Darwinist or Clanker?

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:26:41 am »

Sounds interesting- I'll put together a character and post their profile when I can.

It's hard to unwind when people around you insist on stressing you out.

"I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -Jayne Cobb (Firefly)
zanlia copperwire
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 03:56:40 pm »

Character: Cecillia Ticks

Apperance: The looks of a clockwork automaton who runs on steam. Blue photo receptors and blonde "hair" that is always in braids. Looks to be around the age of 12

Occupation: Anything and everything. Is currently teaching martial arts.

Bio: Cecillia was manufactured in Asia along with an older lokalike named Clarice, Clary for short. Cecillia decided to travel around. She will do anything anyone asks her. Her favorite thing is fighting with weapons though. She gets upgrades every now and then to keep her in top physical condition. When her age matched her looks, she started to help out in various dojos. Since then, she has never stopped.

((She isnt really a developed character for me plus I gtg to school so yeeeaaah....))

An automaton which runs on Pockey Sticks?! Who has heard of such a thing?! If you dont beleive me, just look at this automaton. It runs on Pockey Sticks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: