The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 02:29:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2d Art Thread  (Read 233104 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #1625 on: December 14, 2012, 11:02:50 pm »

For now on, let just assume than all i show are not by me, because i draw like *&"!$:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:26:00 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
DreamHazard
Steam Aficionado
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #1626 on: December 15, 2012, 02:53:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did this a while back, it's the only thing I'm really proud of.

http://dreamhazard.deviantart.com/art/Iron-Man-314250675 click through for biggified version Smiley

Stacy
Officer
Australia Australia

Played the crooked cross and got the boat.

« Reply #1627 on: December 16, 2012, 02:20:33 pm »

There's some really great art in this thread, I've only just looked through it all.

I should like to contribute. I made this from a pile of stock images and some photoshop techniques.

I have more hidden among the mass of files on my hard drive, I'll search for more, or do more, which ever comes first.

Walrus
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #1628 on: January 15, 2013, 04:02:34 pm »

beyond2k - This is a super-late appreciation, but those photosets you posted a while back are really fantastic. Nice stuff!

I have a new piece to share. I just finished it this past weekend. It's a promotional image for Nova Albion, a San Francisco area steampunk convention, the theme for which this year is "Steampunks in Spaaaaace!" I started in pencil and painted the entire thing up in Photoshop, also using 3DSMax to mock up the airship (which was also painted over in Photoshop.) At some point someone here on this forum (I can't find whom!) noted that I painted mostly women and that I needed to do more dashing steampunk men. I specifically had that comment in mind when I painted this piece, so if you're still out there, I hope you like it!

I'm planning on being at the con too, if anyone around here might be local-ish! Smiley

And right after posting this, I got an e-mail from ImagineFX magazine saying that it's okay to share this image as well! Their latest issue (Feb 2013) just out on stands now (or soon) includes a demo I did on painting a steampunk woman:

The magazine features the full article as well as in-process video of the piece's creation (as well as awesome work by a number of other fantastic artists!)

Cheers!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:35:32 pm by Walrus » Logged

My web site, Your Walrus Hurt the One You Love: http://www.michaeldashow.com
My art blog: http://michaeldashow.blogspot.com (lots of steampunk are therein)
Art prints: http://mdashow.imagekind.com/steampunk
53Bash
Gunner

« Reply #1629 on: January 30, 2013, 05:45:35 pm »

My own crude effort, produced with the intent of becoming a 3d object (a laser etching on a motorcycle engine).  The actual resolution is much higher than shown below, although its black and white, so the shading / anti alias handles the resize decently.  Original image link

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:31:45 pm by 53Bash » Logged

'Hidden Steampunk Name' : Sebastian Danger Wirefields
Lokis_Tyro
Officer

« Reply #1630 on: February 06, 2013, 09:01:29 am »

My own crude effort, produced with the intent of becoming a 3d object (a laser etching on a motorcycle engine).  The actual resolution is much higher than shown below, although its black and white, so the shading / anti alias handles the resize decently.  Original image link

That would look great on any crankcase cover!
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #1631 on: February 07, 2013, 05:47:07 am »

A phoenix-like bird holding a tuning fork in it's beak. I'd be fascinated to know what that's all about!

Athanor

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1632 on: February 07, 2013, 06:00:15 am »

Maybe the attached engine stays in tune?

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
53Bash
Gunner

« Reply #1633 on: February 07, 2013, 03:46:12 pm »

Yamaha motorcyles and Yahmaha synthesizers and pianos are made by the same company.  Yamaha didn't build motorcycles until pretty recently (after they got into engine building for the WWII effort).  The founder of the company started off building organs because he was fascinated by western technology and music (of the Victorian era, to make this relevant), and the company then branched into other (western) instruments.  They still make a lot of world class musical instruments, and their logo still has a (actually now 3) tuning fork in it.  They ditched the pheonix pretty early on, probably because it lacked relevance outside of Japan.  But since I'm totally tearing appart and rebuilding this bike (with some psuedo-victorian touches no less), the original pheonix logo seemed most appropriate!

http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate/brand/tuning_fork_mark/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torakusu_Yamaha
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:33:54 pm by 53Bash » Logged
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #1634 on: February 07, 2013, 09:29:11 pm »

Fascinating! Thanks, 53Bash.

Athanor.
DarkFlights
Deck Hand

« Reply #1635 on: February 17, 2013, 08:48:24 pm »

Oh wow, there are some wonderfully talented people here! Smiley

I can't do computer-based art as I find the technology very difficult to grasp, but I paint, draw and make jewellery, in the hope of someday being able to give up the nasty day-job. Here are a few samples of my two-dimensional art (I hope that linking from Photobucket is okay?);

SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #1636 on: February 17, 2013, 09:06:11 pm »

Im liking this one, has a giger-esc, tormented gargoyle feel.....

~SeVeN~

selectedgrub
« Reply #1637 on: February 20, 2013, 08:59:05 am »

Some of mine.
This one inspired by artwork of Derek Riggs

It just holding my headlight at the moment.

This garden art is pretty self explanatory.
Makes people look twice.

chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #1638 on: March 08, 2013, 03:17:15 pm »

Who say only big movie like Star War or Star Trek can have their steampunked big product ? Now webcomics like Exterminatus Now can have their own too.:
http://exterminatusnow.co.uk/2013-02-12/comic/non-storyline/filler-art/guest-art-astrofenn-1-2/

Edit: And now, how to kill a punchline:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:07:53 pm by chicar » Logged
Koenig
Officer

« Reply #1639 on: March 09, 2013, 06:23:22 am »

The following are concept sketches for the story my friends and I have been working on.
(The first 11 are mine, the last 6 are my friends- Feedback is welcome!)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:52:05 am by Koenig » Logged
Stacy
Officer
Australia Australia

Played the crooked cross and got the boat.

« Reply #1640 on: March 15, 2013, 09:08:41 am »

Great concept drawings, some clever ideas in there by the look of it, I'm guessing an equally interesting story.

Ps- I was wondering about your name, is it after Friedrich Koenig.
Koenig
Officer

« Reply #1641 on: March 15, 2013, 06:49:54 pm »

Great concept drawings, some clever ideas in there by the look of it, I'm guessing an equally interesting story.

Ps- I was wondering about your name, is it after Friedrich Koenig.
Thanks, I have been working on the story for some time now but I have had to put things on hold over the past few weeks. As for my name It is my understanding that it is an English spelling of my family's German name. I believe König is the original spelling.
Derk Yall
Snr. Officer
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Commodore - Imperial Navy

« Reply #1642 on: March 20, 2013, 03:37:48 am »

My WIP drawing of an Aetheronautical Navy Light Cavalry Officer:
I must re-do the hair and add riding boots so the image would not be cut off as it is now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iliya Eldom Spera
bmgillies
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Maker of Cool Stuff

« Reply #1643 on: March 28, 2013, 01:32:50 pm »

Shot from a Neo-Vic shoot at uni today, so much fun  Grin

More of the shoot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/benjamingillies/sets/72157633110653822/

"This is a sticky situation, Baldrick. Stickier than when Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun."
Ian Mcbean
« Reply #1644 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:48 am »

Chicar, I'm guessing that is too much to hope for that this actually exists. Not only am old enough to remember this kind of dial as a kid, I remember pour first phone had no dial, and you had to tell the operator the number you wanted.

EDIT: I realize that this thread is intended for artists to exhibit their work, but if you haven't had a chance to check him out, take a look at the art work of Thomas Kidd he has a thing for airships.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:20:52 pm by Ian Mcbean » Logged
gspencer
Deck Hand

other wise known as Ramona Black :)

« Reply #1645 on: April 24, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »

Hello Smiley I am wondering if some of you can help me. I am currently working on a project to let young steampunks find others and also try and convert some new steampunks in the process. So far I have organised a possible discussion on the matter called "youth and steampunk " taking place on the Saturday of ' Weekend at the Asylum'. In the meantime I'm setting up a facebook page as I feel its the best way to connect to the young audience. The problem is that I haven't got a logo or cover picture for it which is where i need your help. If anyone could create any of these it would be much appreciated and publicity will be given. The page is called 'Steampunk's Baker Street Irregulars' so logos and designs around this would be preferred.Thank you ever so much, if you would like to know more about the project here's the link http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39840.0.html
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Chicar556
« Reply #1646 on: May 04, 2013, 10:30:19 am »

Old school ad for Hyrulean landmarks:
http://www.gamerprint.co.uk/collections/hyrulean-travel
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #1647 on: May 10, 2013, 09:27:40 pm »

Sail powered airship concept, painted last night in about 4 hours on the inside of a cracker box.

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #1648 on: May 10, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »

Wow. Shocked

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Kat
Deck Hand
Gravatar

« Reply #1649 on: May 14, 2013, 10:51:35 am »

A little piece I did some years back that I thought I might share for fun Smiley

A steampunk webcomic about life, death, and lack there of: Perpetual Flux
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: