The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 06:50:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Earbuds"? Why, after one hundred years?  (Read 1356 times)
DreamHazard
Steam Aficionado
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »

Android has a built-in volume limiter, but if you accept a disclaimer it removes the volume cap. Also my Discman had a volume limiter, but again this could be turned off.

I have a Sony MP3 walkman and it bugs the hell out of me that I can't get the volume loud enough to drown out external sound. I think when I get a new one I will go with a Samsung if they have a decent volume control.

I don't know about their mp3 players but their phones have great sound for a portable device, I've been using a Galaxy Note for about a year and had no complaints, bar the little popup that says "high volumes may bugger your ears" or some such. Also getting good hardware can really help, my Sony earphones cost £40 and they drown out about 80% of background noise without playing a sound. If you go a bit further upmarket you can get active noise cancelling 'phones, but I personally don't think it's worth it unless you live on a building site.

SpeedyFrenchy
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 09:48:54 pm »

I use both headphones and earphones(earbuds?).  For normal walking around, wearing to college etc, I prefer the superior sound quality of a decent pair of headphones, but for any kind of physical activity, or when I don't have a bag with me, I use my earphones. I used to have terrible trouble with earphones falling out, but I now have a pair which clip over my ears, and haven't had any issues since.

It's not where you're from, it's wear your hat.

- Mr B
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: