The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 09:53:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Progress City Case 3 Mexican Stand Off  (Read 30716 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #900 on: December 25, 2013, 06:13:33 am »

"Please feel free to take an under-secretary with you should you need a guide to the city. They are all very knowledgeable." And would make sure he had a good time seeing the best of the city. If there was one thing Lucretia had taught them it was how to properly handle a vip.

"If i t is all settled we had best not make them wait."  Mallory said with a bit of nervousness.  She knew it was silly to be scared but the image of her double being hacked apart was still in her mind after all these years.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #901 on: December 26, 2013, 11:55:52 pm »

The young man used the confusion in the fire control center to get away from the suppression team and find a stairwell or other escape route. After carefully slinking about and opening all sorts of doors and hatches without finding a means of escape, he lucked onto a downward- spirally stair-ladder just as some one yelled, "HEY! you there! wha're ya playin' at?"  he slammed teh hatch shut, bolted teh door with a baton-like item that hung on the pressure seal wheel, and bolted down the spiral ladder as teh fire control crew began trying to force the hatch. klaxons suddenly rang out, announcing an intruder at large...

Brimford paused in his progress from the meeting room, and asked, "dear me, what is that? do you folks require some assistance?" Simmers and Bullock both drew their blasters and stood together, covering the diplomat from attack from all sides. "I dunno, Mister Brimford, but we really oughter let the Lecroix and Mr. Fetch handle it, I think. 'Jess' stay with us, an' you'll be fine..."

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #902 on: December 28, 2013, 02:25:23 am »

Letting out a vehement string of obscenities that quite literally turned the air arpund hom blue, Dee called one of Marshalls fire squads to handle it. "If it aint one @#%@! Thing its another! The big pistol came out from under the desk and gestured for everyone to step away from the door. His other hand was busy at the control console hitting comm buttons and trying to figure out what was going on.

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #903 on: December 28, 2013, 02:49:39 am »

Una looked at the ceiling worried. She put a hand to the wall and listened.  "I think the person is moving around randomly. I think they are lost maybe."

Lucretia looked a little skeptical. "And you heard that from the walls?"

"Yes they are on the floor below us and getting close to what I think is the elevator."

"All right then. I will send security that way." Lucretia issued an order through the speaking tube hoping this was not a wild goose chase.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #904 on: December 28, 2013, 04:38:50 am »

"They won't get there fast enough, I think," Mikhail said, Fetch suddenly taking over. "Tell your men to expect me before them, Dee." He drew the combat blaster, completely recharged, from under his coat. "If he gives himself up, he's OK. If he complicates things and I have to shoot back, welll..." Fetch suddenly winked out of existence in the meeting room, and appeared in front of the stairwell door just as the Young Man made the landing and burst through the door. "Progress City Justice! Surrender or I will open fi--!" a shot from a hideout revolver caromed off of the steel door behind Fetch as the young man drew and fired; Fetch responded as he was trained by both the Tong and the Hall of Justice, and opened fire on his own part. The impact shocked the younger man with a thunderclap that knocked him instantly unconscious, and then threw him backward back through the stairwell doorway to impact the far wall and slide down it, leaving a trailing smear of sweat.

"I guess stun still works," Fetch chuckled, a nearly insane noise, as he dashed forward and grabbed the name in a grip that would have belied his claimed humanity had anyone arrived on the scene. Speaking of which, the Lecroix Suppression Squad's footsteps thundered around teh far corner just as he was propping the young man up. "PROGRESS CITY JUSTICE!" Fetch yelled. "Justice Fetch, or maybe I should use my other name, Mikhail Lecroix? Stand down, but help me keep an eye on this man, suspicion of assassination and attempted murder of the Frigate Leopard's Crew and complement." He began searching every bit of the Youngster's clothing, stripping away possible poison buttons and other covert ops gadgets. Soon a pile of suspiciously-crumbly buttons and other paraphernalia appeared at the man's side on a Suppression bull's donated handkerchief. "Gotta be on the ball with these kind of people, I've found garrotte wires amongst a man's scalp hairs before," he remarked.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #905 on: December 28, 2013, 07:46:47 am »

"I think it is ok now." Una said taking her hand off the wall and sitting down.

Lucretia looked at her oddly.  "And the wall told you this?" What she said was normally true but the way she got the information was bizarre.  "You should probibly not listen to walls unless it is important.  People are going to think you are not right in the head."

"Oh." Mallory said with a frown. "But I was helpful this time right?"

It was like dealing with a child sometimes."Yes but be more discreet next time."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #906 on: December 28, 2013, 09:56:59 pm »

Fetch shifted back to the meeting room, just in time to catch Lucretia's admonition to Una. With a slight shake of his head, he was Mikhail again. No change in appearance, but his manner and general mien did show a subtle shift. "Una's the way she is, because of whom she is and what she's experienced," he said. "I wouldn't change a thing, even if I could."

He turned to Una, and said, "You were right, I think we'd better go."  he turned to the others. "Dee, Miss Lucretia, Ambassador, Mr. Wellenhott, Mr. Unit, Thank you for allowing us to join you." To Una, he said, "Shall we go?"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:09:51 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #907 on: December 30, 2013, 04:41:38 pm »

"Yes I can't wait to see you put the gun through it's paces. I keep remembering little things about it" It was better to think about the journey than the destination for Una.

Lucretia nodded. "We will be following behind as soon as we get the day to day things settled."  She was rather looking forward to her first true days off in nearly a year.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #908 on: January 02, 2014, 07:03:38 am »

Mikhail settled into the pilot's chair of the Gun, and began flipping switches and sliding toggles. The series flash-boilers were already working, as he had puposely left them at a low burn; he increased the burn and added forced airfeed, and the ready steam was up and waiting within seconds. He flipped the aether toggle and said, "Lecroix Tower, this is Mikhail Lecroix, piloting Golden Gun, requesting immediate clearance for takeoff, Protocol JL 17, please." It was the old code for direct passage to the Lecroix Family Mansions in a huge preserve on the far side of the Island.

The clearance came almost on the heels of the same request, in the voice of a male controller who sounded like he was wetting his pants. The vector and recommended speed were also given, and Mikhail wasted no time reverting to Fetch mode and taking the ship up like a thunderbolt, until they gained the speed lanes above the city's towers. "Una, make sure you're strapped in, we're going for Hard Burn as soon as we hit the High Lanes."

The said lanes reached, he pitched the props at 'full closed,' and pushed the stud that ignited the hydrogen-methane rockets. The ship leaped forward  under rocket power, as Fetch wove the ship in and out of the slower traffic (everything was slower, even the HOJ Thunderwasp speed pursuit patrol that tried to chase them down). He exulted in the pressure that forced him back into the contoured and deeply-padded pilot's chair, and screamed out the wild war-whoop of the Blue Tong in full attack as towers, suburbs, ground, clouds, and Preserve fences all cannonaded past in a pell-mell blur.

And finally, as he slowed the wondrous craft to contact His parents' Home, it loomed up in the distance, an edifice fit to be called a mountain, Mont Lecroix, the Family mansion of the Lecroix Family, home of the family's patriarch and matriarch, teh Golden Gin'd destination for the evening.

"Mont Lecroix, this is Mikhail Lecroix piloting Airship Golden Gun, requesting permission and preferred vector for landing, over. I and my fiancee Mallory Una Malone have an appointment with my Father, Julian Lecroix, over."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #909 on: January 05, 2014, 07:29:27 am »

Mallory loved the speed and may have let out a whoop or two on the trip but now that they were there she was nervous. She look Fetch's hand hoping he would continue to be the rock she needed as the world kept changing.

"Welcome home my boy." Came a voice over the wireless.  "We have lunch on the veranda waiting for you."

"Because this is you we will be ok right?" Meeting the parents was never easy and this was doubly true when one of those parents tried to kill you in the past.

steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #910 on: January 06, 2014, 08:37:07 am »

Dee held lucretias arm in his as they finished the conference and began making arrangements for this new venture, The Lecroix flagship was ordered to take on supplies and be ready for lift off in a moments notice. The plants were watered, the cat was fed, or rather since he didnt own a cat, A cat was fed and their personal gear was packed, staring out the window, Dee held her close as he stared over the sunset struck city, "I love you lass. You`ve been good to me"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:39:11 am by steamcowboy92 » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #911 on: January 07, 2014, 07:18:44 am »

Lucretia was half draped across Dee like a cat. She was bonelesly comfortable around him and that was a rare thing.  "I love you too.  You are the first one to want my mind as much as my body."  These last few months had been a whirlwind but for the first time in ages Lucretia was needing her masks less and less.  Dee did not ask her to act any way other than the capable woman of iron she knew she was.  Lucretia had not realized what a relief that would be.  "I have gifts for both your grandparents ready.  My mother said that was a traditional thing to do in the old country and I think they will appreciate it as well."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #912 on: January 07, 2014, 06:07:29 pm »

Snaking his arm around her waist, Dee rumbled "let me guess, you got the old man a bottle? Always was the easiest person to shop for," he thrived on the warmth that radiated outward from the woman draped across him. She was a godsend. Lord knew he couldnt have gotten this far without her.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #913 on: January 08, 2014, 08:11:39 am »

"Yes your father stockpiled quite a bit of what you would call the good stuff for just such an occasion. Grandma was another thing entirely but I came up with just the thing,"  She held out a fancy blue box and opened it to reveal a finely made golden rose pin with a tiny diamond dew drop. "I think that will be satisfactory or at least more satisfactory than then the last thing your father tried."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #914 on: January 09, 2014, 05:09:31 pm »

The item she showed him was miniscule in dimentions but the quality of its crafting spoke volumes,the diamond sparkling like fire in the last rays of daylight as the sun crept down slowly over the horizon. "Where did you find that?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #915 on: January 10, 2014, 08:03:06 am »

The words were in a patois of Spanish and a modern derivative of ancient spoken Mayan, as well as a smattering of German, but the meaning was the same as if they were spoken in English.

"Bring us up to thirty thousand, and level off within the anvil." The dart-slim, deadly-looking vessel rose within the flashing thunderhead fifty miles out off the furthest outposts of the Progress City Greater Archipelago in the Pacific Ocean; Progress City was located on only one natural island group, really all one island, (or, rather, one seamount), but gun emplacements, seafloor harvesting towers and artificial floating farm colonies dotted the waters around it like so many bits of anchored flotsam.

The murderous-looking warship came to a stop within the relatively calm edge of the cloudmass that encased the mesocyclone of the isolate storm that was moving slowly toward the Seabat Farm float. Undetectable to any of the city's sensors above the wild charge-and-release of lightning and among the general chaos of the anvil's positive-negative interaction, the ship maintained a constant position within the moving storm. Far below, The resident farmers and their families scurried about, securing everything that could be secured, and preparing to cast off from its sister floats in case of heavy seas.
"Charge launch tube three, and stand ready to load ballistic glider," came the command from the bridge to the forward projector array. "attach message warhead."

Very Good, Captain," The Chief Forward gunner responded. "Tube three charged, warhead installed, we stand ready to load and fire when ordered."

"Why do we wait, Captain?" the Bridge Adjutant queried, as he watched a disturbingly-fast and deadly-looking ship dart across the faraway island  and slow to settle at a relatively squat, no-nonsense mooring mast on an elevated landing stage outside the manor house of a gigantic fortified mansion.

"For the right moment, Mister Adjutant, the Captain said. "We must follow the plan exactly, and execute the delivery at the right moment."

Fetch's transmission crackled over the aetherset, Mallory's voice querulously sounding in the background just before Fetch switched off the Transceiver. "...we will be ok right?"

"No, my sweet Miss Malone," The Captain's whispered comment rang in the relative stillness of the deadly ship's bridge as he sardonically answered her question, "You will not be alright...in time."

Fetch/Mikhail and Mallory were ushered cordially to the Trophy Room, where only the most privileged minions, Company executives, and Family were allowed. Fetch Held Una close, protectively, as he said, "Mom. Dad," striving to hold back the tears. "I'm Home," almost managing an ironic smirk through blearing eyes.

"Load and fire projectile, Tube Three." The command rang through the Forward Weapon Bay. The command was obeyed, and a spurt of compressed air expelled a rocket, which shot forward, it's engine igniting in mid-egress as it shot forward through the top of the storm at just the right vector to eventually settle into and stay on a true bearing toward it's target.

There was still time. Time for reunion and welcome, queries and answers, as the projectile, too small to register significantly all by itself on any of the city's sensors, and soon too slow to register as much more than a large high-flying bird as the propellant burned away, lofted on its unfolded wings toward the mansion's lawn, the miles passing away beneath swiftly, it's altitude decreasing as momentum began to be spent. Within the rocket, a message cylinder replaced the usual high explosive , bearing a message:

Las Familias Lecroix and Malone,
Do you remember La Familia Moroso? Soon, we will leave you a small token of what is in store.

And nothing more. The smell of turf and disturbed loam eventually mixed with brimstone stench from the spent rocket engine, as the rocket finally failed to retain enough momentum to continue gliding and, sometime after dinner, embedded itself into the mansion's front lawn. A guard warily approached the device, as a small message cylinder (bearing the seal of an old Spanish noble family that was nearly extinct after a certain revolution in the Tejas territories, among other woes) popped up and out of the fuselage, landing on the abused turf beside the projectile.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:15:39 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #916 on: January 11, 2014, 07:47:19 pm »

"Russia actually your Father sent me there to try and open laz trade.  It worked half way. They liked me quite a bit but the enforcer he sent ended up offending the top brass pretty bad and I almost didn't make it out. The old man is still angry about that." Lucretia was not so happy about that either.  There were lucrative markets there after all.

Una was hoping she looked ok.  The Mallory memories were telling her to stride forward as confidant as a lion but the Una part was remembering the blood and wondering if she was pray instead of predator.  She hid these feelings far from her face but they poured in to Fetch. "Thank you for inviting me in to your home." She said trying to smile naturally.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #917 on: January 16, 2014, 05:30:55 pm »

"So you are," Julian said, his surprisingly youthful face bearing traces of and slight crags of grief, loss and dashed hopes galore; there had been several attempts to fake Mikhail's return by unscrupulous individuals. After the initial heart-wrench for the family unit, the perpetrators had never survived for long; either Julian's or Yvanova's people had taken care of them, or failing that, Mikhail's deadly sisters had hunted them down. Once Carmilla, the deadliest of the pair (a trained and highly-successful assassin) latched onto a target, she didn't let go until the mission was completed. Her assignments were not always killings, but she much preferred the ones that were, specially since she like to use her various daggers and similar implements. Lilith was more refined, but actually rather more frightening; she liked to toy with her prey.

"You're welcome here as always, son," Julian said, embracing both his son and Mallory; he might have been a bit stiff about it with the young-seeming woman. "But first we need to make sure of you. You know the drill, 'first we try, then we trust.' " He gestured to two deeply overstuffed chairs facing three loveseats, with attendant chairs behind, apparently for servants. The huge fireplace, an edifice almost unto itself, was close by to the left of the two chairs. All were upholstered in blue and red velvet and were deeply comfortable. "I understand Dee and his ladyfriend are on the South landing stage; they'll be here shortly, but there's no reason we can't just go ahead and get a few things out of the way. My first question is: why do you both seem so danged young?"

Mikhail's sisters already sat on the loveseat furthest to the right of the two chairs. Carmilla looked ageless, almost childlike. There was something slightly odd about her that couldn't quite be defined; it was as if she were there in the room, physically, yet (much like Fetch at times) it was as if she were also elsewhere at the same time, watching the scene with sharp eyes. Too, there was also a solidness to her presence that far outstripped most humans. Her bustled gown, a twin to her sister's in cut, style, and fabric, was however a shade that suggested burnt orange mixed with saffron yellow, and then whitened and muted to a lovely peach-salmon hue. Nothing could be seen of either's legs, but anyone who knew Carmilla knew of her leg daggers and penchant for carrying concealable weaponry. Thus, what looked on the surface like a warm family reunion actually fairly bristled with steel just under the posh veneer.

Both stood, and smiled warmly smiled in recognition as Mikhail and Mallory entered, but Lilith seemed not entirely convinced. They sat, as did their parents, regal as two beautiful queens, beside their equally radiant though obviously more mature mother, until the time came for them to question the pair who sat before them in
the two chairs.

Mikhail explained the Bluelight and his own and Una's experiences with it, deferring to her to describe her side of things, and answered even Julian's rather pointed questions about the Bluelight Laz evolution and how one could come back after dying under it more than three times. His mouth twisted a bit as Mikhail, in impassive 'Fetch' mode, explained the exact process. Carmilla gasped and Lilith clenched something that lay just inside her shawl, in reaction to the crueller and more arcane parts of the description.

Then the Sisters took a turn, even as footsteps began to echo from the hall. "It's obviously you, Mal," Carmilla said, "and as always, I envy you your eyes, even though they're different now. I can't wait 'til we can get together and girl-talk like we used to." She turned to Fetch, obviously equally sold in his case. "Mikky dear, I've missed you so, and now I hear you're just like me! I don't understand why you don't like the Vamp--!"

"Carmy dearest!" Lilith snapped. "Lets not burden our 'dear brother' with such things just yet, they've more than enough to worry about just keeping Father from skinning them alive," she licked her lips, seemingly at the thought of skinning. "Now, there's an image..."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:01:47 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #918 on: January 17, 2014, 06:51:09 am »

Una's face lit up as more memories clicked in to place.  "Wow your hair has gotten long Carmilla. Then again my last memory of you was after we both bobbed our hair.  My father almost hided me for cutting off my curls."  She had a bitter-sweet feeling wondering what her father would think of her now.  Mallory hoped there would be pride there but she could never be sure.  "I am rebuilding the old manor and you both are welcome to come see the results.  I have been gone far too long and there is a lot of work to do."  Una got a far away look in her eye as she listened to the voices in the wall. Something had happened outside and she was hoping it was Dee and Lucretia landing, She looked at Fetch and wondered if she should say something but then again Lucretia had told her that was odd so maybe she should stay quiet.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #919 on: January 17, 2014, 08:09:12 am »

Fetch sensed the same thing he had felt when Una accessed the Emerald System and her room's aetherradio intercom set, but noticed her reticence. He whispered to her, "If you hear teh walls or anything else, let me know. They might think it's strange, but something tells me Carmy'll love it, and anyway early warnings are helpful--"

"Aha, secrets, eh? Lilith's voice rapped out. "Tell us, what's so private you can't tell the whole family, 'brother' dear?"

Fetch looked to Una questioningly, trying to ask with eyes and body language, should I tell em? You? Should we keep it a secret?. Finally he said, "We have certain abilities, side effects of the Blue Light processes we each went under." He cleared his throat. "most are pretty harmless in their way, but others are bit, um, odd, you might say," he answered, wondering just how much information his parents and siblings could handle before refusal of belief set in. "maybe I should just demonstrate a few of mine," he added, and then let go the fierce control he'd exercised so far for Una's sake over his nearly-overwhelming desire to fade away. He disappeared from apparent view almost immediately, to reappear behind Carmilla.

"OK, so where did the little brat go?" Lilith said, sounding suddenly as if she believed His explanation. "it's just like him, to just --ACCKK!" she fell forward off of the loveseat as she looked around and caught sight of him behind Carmilla, close enough to have tickled Lilith's neck, which, in fact, he had. She hit the floor on her bottom, but with a speed and grace that belied her years, was almost instantly up again and holding a shock stick. Surprisingly she was grinning. You lil' brat, I told you a thousand times if I told you once, don't TICKLE me!" Carmilla, interestingly enough, seemed totally unsurprised, and perhaps a bit amused, and she beamed proudly up at Fetch.

"I was beginning to wonder when you'd notice, Lil Hon," she said, reaching up and touching Mikhail's wrist affectionately. "We have a whole lot t' talk about too, Mikky Hon," she said cryptically.

Julian turned slowly around, hand under his smoking jacket at the sound of Lilith's screech, a dangerous look in his eyes that faded as the humorous tableau unfolded.. "Weelll... Marshall said something about that a week ago when he came to visit, and Carstairs, you remember him," Julian said, referring to the seemingly deathless family butler, "he mentioned it earlier than that" he drew his blaster, but simply put the safety back on, shrugging diffidently at Una, and reholstered it in its shoulder rig. "You said you both had abilities. What're yours, Miss Malone, if you please? By the way don't get any funny ideas," he said, all warmth and equanimity suddenly gone from his voice. "Mik I can forgive, he always was like that, but I only know you from back when, and not much then, other'n what Mik and my lil girls  told me."

"and I still have trouble trustin' yer kind, no offense intended."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:21:08 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #920 on: January 17, 2014, 08:28:34 am »

Una froze nervously.  "I listen sir.  I can hear what the wires say and I can talk back to them. Most of the time they do as I ask.  I can show you only don't get spooked.  Lucretia says it is odd for me to do this."  She saw a sort of control panel on the wall  half hidden behind a painting. That would do nicely. She slowly and carefully touched the fireplace surround so she would have a solid connection.  "Please start the radio in the main hall and pump the music to us through the tubes." Sparks fell from her hair as she concentrated on doing this perfectly and not ducking out of the room like a scared rabbit. Music filtered in to the room and other voices from far away commenting on the new lady on Dee's arm.  Una blushed at the rather racy talk and made a rather large zapping noise as she cut the connection.  "I only meant for the music to come through realy." She was rather wishing the wall would just swallow her up now.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #921 on: January 17, 2014, 09:17:41 am »

Fetch saw Una's distress and his heart went out to her. He shifted to just behind her and enfolded her into his arms. "It's alright, Sweetness," he said soothingly. I think Dad's impressed.

Impressed was an insufficient descriptor; Julian was stone-cold poleaxed. He had been half-afraid the sparks would start a rug fire, but then he quickly recovered.

"So... that's what they all think of 'er, is it? Seems like some useful skills t' have, if ya ask me." he sobered quickly, however. "Fine, dandy and hoo-rah. Alright, you're you all, and all like that. But how can your ...union... benefit me, and th' rest o' th' family, not to mention th' company. It's good ta have a cop in the family, and it's nice yer both cops, but what can the you bring to the table, Miss Malone? What 's your angle, Mik? you have thought about that, haven't you?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #922 on: January 18, 2014, 05:22:19 am »

Mallory gave a small smile.  She had known this question was coming and had practice a short speech in her head. "I have trade routes all across the globe including some bridges Andrew burned,  I am still a very good weapon designer and now that I can talk to the machines I will only get better and I have the key to the deep emerald vaults no one has touched since the Dr died." The last one she had not told anyone about the last one keeping it locked deep within herself out of Sam's reach and her own until she saw the gun and it rose back to the surface. "I give my knowlage as a dowry so that both families can profit."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #923 on: January 22, 2014, 06:58:50 pm »

Holding the door open for his lady, Dee led Lucretia into the main room, the hard soles of his boots on wood floors announcing their arrival like a drumline.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #924 on: January 25, 2014, 03:52:45 am »

"I think that could work to your advantage," jJulian said, a spark of respect and a speculative shadow entering his eyes. Those eyes flicked back to Fetch, though. "Well, Mikh? you going to let the woman speak for you? What's your offering?"

"Myself, my memories and the Blue Tong, for as far as they will follow me," Mikhail/Fetch answered. "I can't guarantee Grand Justice Agnes Thigpen  or Jack von Trapp, or the Justice Force, but what I can do, I will."

"Oh, there's a place for you at the head of the family army, if nothing else, boyo, Julian said, grinning and slapping Miknail on the shoulder. Just then, Dee's boot sand Lucretia's shoes boomed on the hardwood floor, and Julian and the others turned around to face them. "and here  we all are, it seems. Welcome Home, Dee, Miss Lucretia; we're waiting for a representative from the Blue Tong."

Fetch raised one eyebrow. He had not expected a Tong representative; He had thought that his and Mallory's dinner date at Tong headquarters would be their first meeting together with the Tong. Well, wait and see, he thought.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:02:04 am by MWBailey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: