The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 06:56:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Progress City Case 3 Mexican Stand Off  (Read 31183 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #775 on: September 22, 2013, 05:37:23 am »

Agnes smiled a little. "I couldn't force it to stay if it thinks for it self. It is in our laws after all." And that would get it out of her hair.  "Just be sure to take him to the subject directory to apply for citizenship."

"It is hidden In the old house where I had my lab. I was going to move it to the Malone tower but there wasn't the space. Sort of glad I didn't now. Who knows what my uncle would have done with it.  He never liked the old house because of grandfather."  Mallory blushed and kissed him. "I made it gold so it would be like an engagement ring."

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #776 on: September 24, 2013, 05:02:37 am »

growling louder, Dee said "hurry up I want this done with" he had pressing issues to deal with and needed lucretias brains.

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #777 on: September 24, 2013, 05:47:18 pm »

There was an absolutely horrible sucking sound as the implant was pulled and the doctor daubed gauge to stop the bleeding and started to stitch her up. "Your lady should be all right and you can remove the stitches in two weeks time. She is going to be very sore when she wakes up so I will make sure you have plenty of pain killers."  Lucretia moaned and the doctor looked shocked and rushed to get his work done. He had given her enough drugs to knock out a horse and here she was fighting them off.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #778 on: September 25, 2013, 05:07:15 am »

Dee noticed the same thing as the doctor and affectionately rubbed lucretias cheek "That's my girl." Pulling a small syringe of pure concentrated Lazarus compound from his cigarette case, Dee handed it to the doctor. "Consider this a bonus. Do what you can to research any and all medical uses. Strictly in house of course"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #779 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:09 am »

"Thank you sir." The doctor said leaving the room. He needed a drink to calm his nerves.

There was a shuddering intake of breath as Lucretia opened her eyes. "I feel Like I got hit by a truck. I can't believe your father did that to me." She tried to roll over so she could sit up and look Dee in the eye but her arms were still half dead.  "Did you take care of the bastard tugging at my strings?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #780 on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:12 am »

"A rin--!" The Mikhail part of Fetch grinned in the midst of the kiss, and then both kissed Mallory back with interest, adding a cuddle and a bit of something extra as he leaned in and ultimately joined her on her side of the bed. "So, you do still want to? Get married, I mean? Will you marry me, Mallory Malone?"

The Doctor harrumphed quietly and ushered the just-arrived nurse out of the room. "Just leave them at it, dear, come along, now..."
---------------
Bullock said, "Thank you, Chief Thigpen, for your understanding." the voice was slightly tinny, as if the source of the sound were comprised of metal strings instead of the leather and catgut kind that their French originator had used, but the actual end sound of Bullock's voice was surprisingly human. "I was originally a speaking and thinking machine, as designed by the illustrious Doctor, as a sort of guide for the Amusement Park. My last memory as a freethinking agent is of that existence, and then being shut down at the park by Haribold Smythe, the manager, just after the American Insurgency*, while others were dismantling some parts of the complex."

"My next memory is of being only partially reactivated in order to be used as a speaker, basically," Bullocks voice tome changedm, as if he were being sarcastic or perhaps attempting the expression of irony, "for some hilarity-possessed madman who cackled away as your Justice Jessica, I believe, blasted away at me. I was taken from that site by Justice Corps technicians and stored in what I have recently learnt was the R&D Pit here at the Doctor's Tower. I was conscious the entire time from the moment of partial reanimation to my removal to The Pit, but unable to speak or interact for myself, until I was nudged by Mr. Wellenhott. At that point, a gear, or perhaps a nut or small bolt of some sort, was knocked loose by his nudge and fell against something else in my head, and I was suddenly reset to Full Operational mode - but without a recognizable Master Imprint. That capacity became filled, through either accident or divine providence, by Mr. Wellenhott. I can think of much worse masters to have awoken to; I hope that clarifies things a bit."

----
*Bullock would most likely mean the first one of the Insurgencies, International police-action type incidents in which the American government tried (and ultimately failed) to establish and exercise jurisdiction on the Island.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:19:38 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #781 on: September 25, 2013, 05:03:50 pm »

Slipping an arm under her shoulders, Dee helped Lucretia sit up. "kneecapped burned and scattered my love. Did not realize who he was fuckin with. No one messes with my girl. " he gave her a kiss and smiled gently.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #782 on: September 26, 2013, 12:04:16 am »

Mallory lit up like firework. "Yes, always. I knew when I saw you that I could trust you but I didn't know why until the memories came back.  We are lucky. We get another chance to live, we should use it well."

Lucretia smiled and settled back in to Dee's arms. "Serves the bastard right. You know this now means all of his pipelines are up for grabs. We could take over new york but I wouldn't want to live there. This crazy city is starting to grow on me."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #783 on: September 26, 2013, 05:54:56 pm »

Kissing her harder,  Dee laughed as he said "by the God's is there anything more attractive than ambition? We'll have to move fast.  I'll give the order immediately.  " He hit his Comm and gave Marshall the order to begin the invasion.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #784 on: September 27, 2013, 05:19:54 am »

"We have to show them that this is our city after all. If we rolled over every thug and upstart would be all over us like fleas." Lucretia smiled this was the job for her.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #785 on: September 27, 2013, 08:35:39 am »

"I need to get another ring, I'm afraid. Would you like a new one, or an heirloom? I don't know if Father or Mom would still allow it, but I could ask, I suppose." Mikhail looked dubious but hopeful. "I hope Mom doesn't get too shocked to see me in the flesh..."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #786 on: September 28, 2013, 06:45:20 pm »

"You could make me a ring from a lug nut and that would be fine.  All that realy matters is the love behind it.  I think your mother will be happy. She may cry but you can cry and still be happy."  And there was the analytical Una part of her that was happy to understand people better now.

"Welcome back to the surface Bullock. I am sure you will keep out of trouble." The Chief looked out of her office and sighed at mister Frost.  "Both of you are free to go but I would appreciate if you could send Justice Trapper on up.  I can't speak to foreign agents without an observer." She was obviously not happy with this particular rule.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #787 on: October 01, 2013, 02:24:52 am »

,"good thing we had kissing her one more time,  Dee said "I need you back upstairs immediately little one.  We have to begin this operation today.  I need a full. Counting of our immediately available resources.  Men weapons armor,  call Agnes And fetch see if they  have any contacts in New York We can exploit. Can you do that My love ?" He looked into her eyes and said "if we pull this off OUR  family will be the predominant power on the east coast." He put a particular emphasis on the word "OUR,  making it clear in No uncertain terms what he intended for the woman laying before him. "This moment marks a new chapter in The LeCroix Empire.  In OUR empire. " He looked at Lucretia buT his eyes gazed beyond her, brimming with unbridled lust and ambition as he looked into the future laid before him.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #788 on: October 01, 2013, 05:09:01 am »

Trapper looked up from his stack of reports at his secretary, then got up and walked to the waiting room aboard his command-vehicle office. "Meeting with that fellow Frost, eh? Tell the Chief I'm on my way," he said, nodding to his secretary. "Thanks, Wellehnhott. You're taking Bullock on in your business, I take it?"

"Yep. got a real head for figures, and he's mostly bulletproof, plus he's got a good head for figuring things out." Simmers said, smiling. Maybe we'll b in the dreadfuls soon, ya never know."

"Well, good luck to you," Trapper said. He called out to his secretary from outside the vehicle, "I'm off!"

A short time later, Trapper showed up at Chief Thigpen's door. "Reportin' as ordered, Chief." He jerked his head at Frost. "You turn, I think, detective."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #789 on: October 01, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »

Frost did his best to look humble the formidable lady behind the desk was not pleased. The Chief noded at Trapper. "I am very sorry about intruding mam." 

"You should be. You infiltrated my tower and put a whole lot of my justices at risk." Agnes shook her head at him. "You knew that boy was trouble and you didnt tell a soul. Trapper i think you should tell him exactly the damage he caused and how long i could vury him in the ground for doing that."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #790 on: October 02, 2013, 06:41:05 am »

Trapper had brought a clipboard with several documents on it. He struck a pose, one hand on his ever-present tomahawk, the other holding the clipper, and Loomed; he was good at that, a skill picked up during his early years in the Justice Force as a beat justice. Presence, and yes, intimidation, were standards of the trade for such officers.

"Physical damage, Casualties and Loss of life, here we go..." He saw Frost's raised eyebrow, and added a bit frostily, "makes no difference whether you threw the brick, if your actions led to it becoming airborne, and you were (1) in a position to prevent it and/or (2) not in actual authority to allow or encourage such as in, say a Justice of Progress City, for example?"

Trapper let the question hang unfinished and continued, "Physical Damage. Just the charge brings at least one day's incarceration, plus the time required for actual realtime investigation of the incident in question, usually about three weeks on average, often with a fine not to exceed three thousand dollars, amount to be augmented if found guilty. Augmentation takes into account whatever the costs and loss of life may be. Physical City Property Damage, approximately one million dollars at current estimates, which are not yet complete, I might add."

Trapper drew a deep breath, and then continued, "Casualties of officers, workers, and defenders, 125 and counting. Deaths of officers, workers, and defenders, 32 and counting."  

"Physical Plant, Infrastructure, Emerald System deployment and subsequent collateral devastation (meaning the office sections, when we were forced to cut loose on the intruders with infrastructural and occidental emplacements in addition to the Emerald System's deployment), approximately three million dollars in physical damage, that's office blocks, comm lines, sanitation facilities, all completely blasted to flinders, and literally thousands of citizens turned into mindless timewaster zombies, and then into basically greasy smears on the remnant of the linoleum because YOU, Mr. Frost, didn't see fit to warn us of the danger." Trapper steamrollered on, too worked up to care if he was running on. "We don't know how many we were forced to blast to sausage filling; we probably never will, because there's not enough left of many of them to make complete remains, even if we scrape all the mud, blood, and less mentionable stuff together and arbitrarily call it 'bodies!' To think I broke bread at the lunch counter with most of those people at one time or another--!" Trapper stopped and fought himself back under control.

"Basically," he continued after a moment, "The bare-bones possible incarceration time for the incidents (and there are many, Mr. Frost!) within the Tower alone amounts to, what do you Yanks call it? Twenty Years to Life? And that's not counting the insurrection in the streets, the robot fairy insurgency, and the LeCroix Tower attack and kidnapping of Una, her medical expenses in the aftermath, and Fetch's need for new armor."

"He apparently wasn't aware of it, but there was a halfpenny-sized hole in the back of his breastplate," Trapper said, turning to Agnes momentarily.

"All in one pile, I'd say you could be in the klink for the rest of your natural life, Mr. Frost, and then a couple of lives after that, if the Chief felt so inclined. Add to that the actual end cost of it all, which we still don't know quite yet (but it's projected to be in the billions, quite a landmark figure if I'm not mistaken), and...well, I think you can imagine."

"By the way, you really ought to avoid anybody named 'Lecroix' or their affiliates for the remainder of your stay here," Trapper added, "And that includes Justice Fetch, by the way; They probably aren't too happy with you either. I wouldn't be surprised if they had their own newfound agenda as a result of this fiasco."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:46:29 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #791 on: October 02, 2013, 07:02:26 pm »

Frost was stunned. He had thought this was some lawless fronter but this Trapper sounded much like his Sargent back home. "I am truly sorry. I was unsure if Granger had infiltrated the Justices. He once somehow forced the governor of New York to pardon him after a year of hard work from the coppers to make the charges stick. He got my partner killed and I will admit I was partly here for revenge but I had never guessed he could do this."

The Chief scoffed. "He is a Malone. If it wasn't for their rivalry with Lecroix they would most likely rule a good chunk of your united states.  Hell you may have opened the flood gates for Lecroix to do just that.  You may need our help before too long. The younger Lecroix is less brutal than the elder but no less dangerous."

"Shit." Frost muttered under his breath. "What do I have to do to clear my slate?'

Agnes smiled as he sweated. "What you are going to go is call your boss and tell them you are going on vacation and then you are going to be Trapper's right hand and help work off your debt to society starting with clearing the debris and giving the bodies we can identify back to their families."

Frost squared his shoulders and sighed looking at Trapper. "Well you heard the lady. I am your man."

Lucretia had not missed his words. "So you are going to make an honest woman out of me?"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:11:41 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #792 on: October 03, 2013, 06:44:39 pm »

Dee couldn't help but chuckle as he said "hell no. By the time I'm done you'll be as crooked as me ain't nothing worse than a bad girl turned straight." he poked her side playfully. "By the way did you get that package from grandpa And granma?"

Outside the justice tower over 30 heavily armed and armored men and women stood in perfect parade formation, complete with A heavy armored division retrofitted with buckets and plows. At their head stood a mountain of man with short cut steel grey hair and bifocals made his way through the front door and announced loudly "Marshall Raspuvitch here to be seeing Mees Agnees" his deep voice and foreign accent boomed in the confines of the room.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:57:45 pm by steamcowboy92 » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #793 on: October 03, 2013, 09:25:40 pm »

"Okay, Acting Justice Cadet Frost. That's your rank, mister. Your authority comes from me, but you don't outrank anybody around here, even though if I relay an order, you're speakin' with my voice. You dio what I tell you, when I tell you; Come with me and you'll meet my Secretary. By your leave, Chief." He saluted and faced to the left, then about faced and stared Frost directly in the face. "Stick to me and do not get lost. Run a metaphorical ramrod up your posterior and have some damn pride, you're a Justice cadet now, which is a damn sight better'n a New York cop." Tuerned back around, said, "let's go," and led the man to the elevators. The ride down could be said to be uneventful, save that Trapper kept informing everyone who got on that Frost was now his Acting Cadet Adjutant, and why.  They made it to Trapper's command vehicle; pockmarked with bullet scars from where the bullets, explosive rounds and blaster bolts had caromed off of it during the interdictory bombardment of the Duty Hall, It and the other armored vehicles were the only facilities that had survived the incident; They were all being pressed inyto service as management and service offices even as people were shoving piles of debris to one side and assembling new booths and cubicles.

Trapper opened the side door of his vehicle, and curtly nodded Frost in. "This is my office. Get in." He closed the door after himself as he followed Frost into the interior. The waiting room had been halved; one half remained to him (including his most of his personal office), and the other was serving temporarily as the Duty Desk, a long armored window on the side of the vehicle having been opened so that people could approach and the Sergeants do their jobs accordingly. The sound of Sgt' Caranium's voice cold be heard from the behind the accordion curtain separating the cab and cockpit from the rest of the vehicle; the Unit Radio was being patched in temporarily as the Dispatch Switchboard.

"Chalky, I'd like you to meet detective Frost, formerly of the New York City Police Department. He is now Acting Justice Cadet Frost. He is by the Chief's order, now my acting Adjutant, sort of my 'right-hand man,' to use her words. Cadet Frost, Meet Lieutenant Clarice "Chalky" Chackham. You will address her as 'Lieutenant Chackham.' Chalky, get him a uniform, if yo will. No firearm as yet, a pace stick will do." He turned to Frost and added menacingly, " Surrender your blaster, please. You the pace stick like a nightstick, but be damned careful just who you use it on and how; remember, you outrank nobody as yet, and then only who I or the chief indicate to you. Use it out of turn or for the wrong thing, and I'll use it in ways you'll have nightmares about." He continued more calmly and reasonably, "This is for your own protection, actually. If we give you a gun, people will come up with ways to force you to use it, and then come a-tattling, and if we give you a blaster, blaster holes will start appearing all over the place and guess who gets blamed for it? No Swords or daggers or whatever either, for the same reasons. I can't say I'd blame 'em for the hazing, but rules are rules, and we need to head off the violations before they happen, if possible."

Trapper heard Marshall's booming voice, and stepped back out of teh vehicle, with Chalky, Frost, and two sergeants in his wake. "Alright, Cadet, Your first assignment of the day is to go and address that fellow over there and escort him and his detail over here. See what he wants to do with 'em, even though it's kind of obvious." Trapper said, not unkindly; Since he's my right-hand ramrod, best to treat him as well as any probationary cadet, he thought. Well, within reason, anyway.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #794 on: October 04, 2013, 02:17:53 am »

Marshall saw the smaller man walking his way and turned to address him. "And who are you to being?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #795 on: October 04, 2013, 07:17:15 am »

Lucretia smiled. "Yes they use the most odd delivery system.  He had winged shoes and a rocket pack. I was waiting for you to open it tho."

Frost really wished he had one of those big mech suits."I am Acting Justice Cadet Frost what can I help you with?"  This bit of wood couldn't do a dammed thing against that army.  If he wasn't careful he was going to be shot full of holes.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #796 on: October 04, 2013, 01:25:18 pm »

Scooping Lucretia into his arms,  Dee carried her effortlessly to the elevator. "Well lets open it together. Im sure Julian knowa about us by now and if he knows grandma knows which means anything they send me will probably have something for you as well. "

Marshal all but crushed Frosts hand aa he shook it. "Vhere is Mr. Trapper or Mees Agnees??? Mr. Lecroix is to be sending His regards and hopes you Vill be appreciating ze help. 5 squads of men to be helping control ze streets ands une armored engineering Division to help ze reconstruction. Mees Agnes will to be getting our bill once ze job is done"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #797 on: October 07, 2013, 03:48:52 am »

Lucretia took out a little blue box marked with her name and handed another one to Dee.  She was speechless when she opened it.  "This is the prettiest little pistol I have ever seen. " It was a pocket blaster all done up with inlay and engraving.  "I must send them a thank you."

"Let me go get Trapper all right?" He was in enough shit without whatever was happening here being added to his sentence.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #798 on: October 07, 2013, 04:26:15 am »

Dee's package contained a Similar pistol that could have been a carbon copy of lucretias were it not for the blatant size difference.   A handwritten note sat in the bottom of the box, his grandmothers flowing cursive script was unmistakable.

"She's a sweet young lass and your grandfather and I are happy for you both.
                                  Lots of love
                                                   Granny

P.S. Don't fuck this one up dumbass.

Dee shook his head. Yup that was grandma alright. Grandfathers family may have originally been French but grandma was all Irish with a temper to match
 Laughing he handed the note to Lucretia.

Marshall tapped his foot patiently, silently waiting while he looked over the people scurrying around him. Most looked like wet behind the ears rookies still uncomfortable in their uniforms. "Damn." He thought. "These polizia took a beating. "

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #799 on: October 07, 2013, 05:30:26 am »

Irish in temperament due to having been raised in Belfast from her teens onward by her Serbian diplomat father but Eastern Serbian in original nationality, Yvanova Lecroix was a woman to be reckoned with. Fetch knew that from before; it was one of the memories that had first surfaced after meeting "Una" for the first time in so may years. He heard what must have been stunned silence on the other end of the line, imagining his mother's beloved face staring in a mixture of disbelief, pleasant surprise, and vengeful suspicion at the handset in her hand. Surely dad had told her of his altered existence.

"Mom?" Fetch said querulously. "Mom, it's really me. I look a little different and I've changed a lot, but it's still me. Can I come see you and bring my girl?"

-----
Trapper said to Chalky and the duty sergeants. "OK, so it's obvious Frost's got a live one. You lot stay here while I go and see what tall, dark and gruesome wants -- and Chalky, get some old hands down here out off their coffee breaks and have 'em run these rookies, they look damn silly, some of 'em."

A harness-bull orderly showed up with Frost's uniform and armor. "lance constable Morrison as ordered, sir, with the requested uniform."

"Leave it in the my office, Lance Constable," Trapper said absently.

"The command truck, Morrison," Chalky snapped at the bull.

Trapper walked up behind Frost and said, "head back to the office, Cadet Frost, your new uniform and armor's in the waiting room. You can change in my office." He turned to Marshall. "Well, how's it goin' Marshall? You bring some helpers? How much today? I'll call th' chief if you want, but she ain't budgin' from her office, too many people to yell at and chew on, you know how it is. We can go and see her if'n you like."
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: