The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 01:36:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Progress City Case 3 Mexican Stand Off  (Read 31180 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2013, 07:28:15 pm »

"Damned if I-- hang on a minute," Jack said as the metal demon started to climb off of the elevator platform. It tottered on the edge where the platform rose slightly above the actual floor surface, and that gave Jack a wild, desperate idea. "Hold still a moment, will you?" he said as he grabbed, flipped off the safety catch of, and aimed the tank's gun. He lined the sights up "on the wing," so to speak, and pulled the trigger, and the gun Boomed, launching a shell at the top of the demon's head. The metal demon toppled backwards, almost regained it's footing, and then teetered on its hind legs, roaring and windmilling and flailing it's arms and legs frantically as it tried to regain it's balance. Another shell racked into place, and Trapper  blasted the demon again, opening a gaping hole in its carapace and toppling it backwards. it landed on its back, and lay there like an upended turtle, flailing its legs around ineffectually. "Lord, I wish that damned dog had such a high center of gravity," he breathed, and got back to the business of setting up a kill shot with the carbine. It was going to be difficult now, as the dog had gotten within snapping distance...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:42:12 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2013, 08:08:59 pm »

It was close now, way too close.  But maybe they still had a chance.  "Line up your shot and I can hold him for a little while."  She flipped a switch inside and there was an ominous crackling sound.  Suddenly there was a blue arc of power between no 7 hand's. The dog lunged forward only to be shocked hard and left dazed.  "Hurry I can't keep this up for long."

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2013, 03:02:13 am »

Jack finally got the scope and the propagation potentiometer set up, after fiddling with the controls a bit; the arced powerbolt had set up a vestigial electrostatic-magnetic reaction field that played merry hades with the carbine's rudimentary sensors. "Alright, wee bittie beastie, nowe, come a' get ye just desserts, me beamish boyo..." Trapper muttered in an outrageously exaggerated fake Scottish burr, forgetting that the transceiver mic was still on. That moment when everything seemd to float in midair and the world was far away and right in his face at the same time came suddenly, and Trapper squeezed off his shot. The monstrous Iron Dog convulsed in pain, whimpering piteously and clawing at its metal skull of a head, sounding like a hideous yet heart-wrenchingly-cute mixture of human and canine, and then lay still -- but only for a moment.

Luke and Fetch had both dashed in and dealt several well-placed death-dealing blows to the metal demon, but there had nonetheless been a struggle at the last in that particular battle; Luke had lopped off one of the arm-like limbs when the creature made a desperate, last-ditch grab for him. The limb now lay nearby as the Iron Dog regained consciousness. The Dog was apparently slightly off it's nut, however, as the temptation of the discarded limb proved to be too much for it. It picked up the severed limb, and began to play with it like an over-excited puppy! Then, with a jerk of it's head, it threw the limb toward No. 7, and got down on its front paws, while simultaneously raising its hindquarters, and wagging its trail, for all the world appearing as if to be begging for a game of "stick."

"WOOF! WOOF!" it thundered excitedly, like a titanic puppy.

"Well, I'll be a dog's brother... I'm not guaranteein' anythin', " Jack whispered suggestively through the transceiver, "but If you make No. 7 throw that limb down the elevator shaft..."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:51:40 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2013, 03:25:00 am »

Jessica was short of breath.  The arc heated the interior of suit a bit more than she liked.  Looks like she needed some more testing.  "I got it Trapper!"  This was going to be one hell of a spry to tell at base.  She wiggled the arm and then tossed it hoping their luck held.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 05:44:02 pm »

"Bark! "Bark! As if he (or she?) Were some cyclopeian youngster, the Iron Dog gambolled ecstatically after the grisly improvised toy, its joyous baks echoing kn a nearly comical parody of a normal dog after a regular-sized stick --all the way down the elevator shaft. Dumbfounded, all Trapper manged to dsy right then was a rather poleaxed rendition of the age-old expression of stunned awareness.

"Huh!" He said, succinctly...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 07:10:05 pm »

Jessica let out a shaky sigh that had been scary but exciting, well at least is was when she became sure they weren't going to die.  It was quiet for the moment she was sure there had to be more thugs perhaps regrouping perhaps hoping they would go away.  "Is everyone in one piece?" she asked looking over at the hole in the floor and wondering if they would have to go down it.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 01:58:36 am »

Will and Luke answered that they were "OK." Will went a bit further and said, "Right as rain, darlin'. Need any help, just call on ol' Will."

von Trapp cleared his throat as Luke rolled his eyes again. "We're here to take prisoners, remember," he said. "Luke, see if you can get the occupant out of that demon armor. There oughta be a lever at the back top of the spine."

Luke shrugged and checked, and pushed, then shoved, then finally rapped on a small projection in the spot indicated with the pommel of the bolster sword. there came a loud "POP!" and the rush of escaping, rather fetid amd malodorous air, and then the suit, for such the machine-beast actually was, peeled away from the cadaverous body inside. the steel braincase remained, as well as the support armature that kept it balanced so that the head ( which was completely masked savefo rthe mouth and the eyes, which peered out at the world blearily through the pale amber lenses of a pair of mechanically-focusing goggles) did not snap the neck it was perched upon, but enough of the machine fell awy tro make both the humanity and the nakedness of the prisoner obvious. the wasted flwesh was wrinkled as if it had been immersed in water for an untold, long period. the smell was ascendant.

"Phew," Luke snorted. "How long has it been since you've had a bath, ...Miss? Lukes voice was incredulous, for the prisoner was, indeed, a female, and she bore signs of having been monstrously well-muscled before the machine had started wasting away at her body. He swept off his long-tailed coat and covered the prisoner's nakedness with it.

There was a pause, as if the woman, if she could still be called such, seemed to fight to be able to speak."I...do not have...rrr... have to... answer ... any ...ques..." She paused, as if trying to remember what words should come next; The voice was slurred, hesitant, and apparently long-unused. She rallied quickly, however, and suddenly seemed to have come to a decision. "No Questions I have answering to/for," she finally said. "Will not permit me, the masters can. I leave not here or begin to talk maybe. I am pleasing not your nose to?" she said, smiling suddenly at Luke, "All needs seen to are, sealed in the beasts since investiture." You are... nice --!" the woman collapsed at that point and could onkly vbe roused to the pointgof walking with help.

"Damn!" Trapper said. well, tie her up so she doesn't hurt herself, but; leave her legs free so she doesn't slow us down much. You two keep track of her. " He turned to Smithson and Jessica. "Looks like it's down the shaft; these places usually have their secrets belowground, or at least that's how it's always been."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 04:04:40 am »

"She looks half dead. What have they been doing here?"  Jessica wondered she had heard stories but seeing was far different.  She walked over to the hole and was slightly annoyed by what she saw. "Looks like the floor sealed after the dog fell. Probably a security system. So we are going to have to fight our way down without a real good exit and they know we are coming." No 7 squared it's shoulders as it's pilot did the same. It wasn't the best of odds but it was a real good fight for justice and that something she had wanted ever since she was a little girl.  "All right do you all have grapples or are you needing me to run lines?" She had made dammed sure No 7 was stocked with everything she could think of needing.  Jessica was not about to have her first big mission become a failure because of something simple.

Una shook as she heard the heavy thump and scream.  It took her a moment to figure out why.  She was scared.  This was not normal because the blue light stripped you away to numbness.  Una felt her dread grow as another roar sounded.  There was a monster down here with no handlers and she was strapped in to a cell that opened from the out side.  She screamed something from her past that felt right. "F@#k!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 05:48:15 am »

"I have a line and a grapnel hook," Trapper said.  "But the more the merrier."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 04:04:38 pm »

A thump and scream brought Dee to his feet in a flash. There was no way in hell he was going to just sit there when something that sounded like A robot getting raped by a clown was that close to his cell. Backing all the way to the wall he ran forward and jumped, both feet slamming into the door with an ear shattering bang in what would have been an epic dropkick if he hadn't simply rebounded and fell back on his ass. He laid there an moment and just kind of wheezed as the wind was driven from his lungs. "owww...." was all he managed to croak out

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2013, 11:24:15 pm »

"No 7 uses a wire rig so if you all have desenders you can follow me then once we are down there I can try prying the door open.  I don't know if I will have any luck but it is worth a shot."  She flipped a few swiches and one of the hand shifted in to a hook.

"Hello are you living?" Una felt that was not the right combo of words but it was close enough.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2013, 04:05:38 am »

Hearing a female voice,  Dee responded slightly still winded "negative I am a meat popsicle
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2013, 04:29:39 am »

"Can you get out?" Una slumped forward god she was tired. She was still scared but her hands felt like rubber and she wanted badly to go to sleep. "Is the blue light in there too?"
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2013, 04:56:10 am »

"What blue light?" His voice was stronger as he examined the door for any sign of weakness. A massive dent in the center bulged outward but nothing looked broken or cracked. Backing up to the wall once more he threw himself forward in a sliding side kick that rattled the doors.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 05:34:58 am »

"It comes from above and takes away all your thoughts."  She slumped aganst the bonds on her chair.  The monster screamed again and she tugged and twisted unable to get loose.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 05:58:47 am »

Will and Luke both uncoiled ropes of several ells length, and Fetch..."where'd the rascal get to now," Trapper wondered aloud.

"Mister von Trapp, come down, toss me the end of your rope and hook it over that standpipe there, I will belay you."

What the -- he's already down there?! Trapper thought incredulously.

"how does that bloke do that? Will asked in amazement. Luke just shrugged and set his hook and starte dto sescend, Trapper, Will, and Smithson not far behind.

Once they had alighted on the surface of the door, Trapper said to Jessica, "I've got a couple blocks o' Gelly, with fuses and caps, if all else fails..."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 06:29:06 am »

No 7 climbed down with a suprizeing grace. It had taken all of Jessica's skill to make the controlls and she was mighty proud of it.  "Stand aside let me have a pull on that". She tried to get a grip on the sealed hatch and pulled as hard as she could. There wa s one hell of a loud crack as the metal and concreat parted but even with all the force No 7 could muster the gap was barely as big as a cat.   She slumped back tired as no 7 itself.  "That is about all I can do Mr. Trapper.  Sorry"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2013, 03:34:38 pm »

Trapper looked at the door, then at the seal around the edges, then scrutinized the points along the seam down the middle  where the doors seemed to have been binding when Jessica tried to pull them open. Hmmm... "Ok, everybody jump up and down a few times, all together," Looking dubious, Will and Luke and Smithson complied, as did Fetch -- or so it seemed. He was in full stealth mode, apparently, as it was difficult to get a fix on exactly where he was, but if the blurry shadowness by the opposite terminus of the crack between the doors was him, he was jumping with the rest of them.

As they did so, Trapper watched the crack, and noticed that it opened wider on the downside than on the upswing. Aha, he thought, as voices came up muffled from below making catcalls and jeering cheers and took one of the oilcloth-wrapped bundles from the possibles bag on his hip. He extracted good-sized lump of what looked like (rather smelly) clay, kneaded it into itself several times,  separated it into three pieces, put the pieces on the crack at five-foot intervals. He then paid out about thrity feet of fuse, capped each lump, and set the fuses. He then said aloud, "OK, everybody back on your ropes and get ready to fire your weapons when the doors swing down." He looked around, saw Smithson's and Luke's slack-jawed disbelief, echoed by Will, and said, "come on, get going! chop-chop! unless you wanna fall about a hundred feet and end up with yer thighs next to yer earlobes." They finally scrambled to comply, when Trapper finally shrugged and muttered something unintelligible about rookies that nonetheless sounded less than complimentary, and bent with a firestriker and ignited the fuse

"Oh, gawd, he's really gonna do it!" Luke actually squeaked, earning a quizzical look from Smithson...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:36:59 pm by MWBailey » Logged
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2013, 04:39:53 pm »

Another heavy kick and the frame finally gave way where the lock bar was connected. Standing in the middle of an abandoned hallway, Dee quickly moved over to throw the latch on his neighbors cell. He towered over her as she sat slumped over in her chair. "Feck, I don't have time for this" Reaching over, he picked her up, chair and all, and threw her over his shoulder, "Your safe now little one" he crooned as he made his way cautiously down the hall, alert for signs of movement.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2013, 07:04:31 pm »

"Oooh shit."  Jessica said as she scrambled back up her line and tried to remember if she had put internal sound dampeners in this model.  Things were about to get very loud.

Una froze for a moment utterly unable to comprehend what was going on.  The blue light which had been one of the only constant things in her little world was gone and she felt so light. She looked around and bits of memory started to pop up faster and faster.  Her mind was unfettered for the first time in ages and it was moving.  Suddenly she knew how to get loose.  "There is a catch on the bottom of the chair to pull the bonds tight.  If you can get it to spool out a bit I think I can wiggle my way free."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2013, 07:56:44 pm »

Setting the girl down, Dee found the catch and helped her work her way free from her bonds. When she was free, he picked the chair back up and smashed it against the wall, picking up two jagged tipped legs. "You ok kid?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2013, 08:12:48 pm »

"Yea I think so."  She tried to walk and stumbled. Her legs were a bit wobbly but at least with the wall she could stand. "Where are we?"  Una's brain was working at triple speed trying to figure out how she got there.  All she could remember was sleeping and then people in black.  She was not even sure if Una was her name and that was vaguely distressing.  Then something big moved at the far end of the hall and she could see a shadow in the tiny barred windows of the big blast doors.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »

Trapper stuffed the corners of his shemagh into his ears just in time.

KAPPOOW...POWW...POOWWW...

"Hang ho!* Fire at will!" Trapper shouted as the doors swung down, one coming loose altogether and crashing into the floor below, carrying away the railing and three more armored monstrosities. He  pulled the blaster and exciter carbine apart (his line was clipped to his pack harness), and blasted away with both as he descended himself, apparently dropping on a tight rappell buckle. He nearly fell to the floor as he set down, or was he ducking a sword-swipe from what looked like a giant armored turtle? It was hard to tell, as he got up lightning quick and drilled the hellish beast through its armor's gorget with the blaster...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:52:38 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2013, 12:46:45 am »

Jessica was currenty grapping with some sort of monkey or rather a human woth metal armor that have him powerful limbs and a tail that he kept trying to sweep her to the floor with.  Grunting she boosed no 7's power and atemped to throw her apponent in to the wall.  He bounced and toppled the turtle Trapper was blasing away.  "Oops."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2013, 02:56:13 pm »

He didn't like the way she kept looking around at things he couldn't see, but they were in this together for now, and if it came to it she would make an excellent human shield or something to slow down or distract anyone who came after them. It wasn't that he was heartless, but his own skin always came first and he'd barely met the girl so she meant very little to him.

"We're in a holding cell under one of my boss's warehouses I think."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: