The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 04:44:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Progress City Case 3 Mexican Stand Off  (Read 30906 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 06:18:28 am »

"It is Jessica, Johnathon." She looked over the sketch.  "You will want to use cable not rope in that.  Friction will play merry hell with rope.  Humm that must have one hell of a launcher.  Are we going up against metal men or something?"  She turned to Paul beaming. "Heck yes that was one of the more fun things they turned me loose on. Seven isn't so bad but balancing him is tricky stuff."

The chief nodded.  "Go on take it. This thing is going to be a dammed ant hill and I want to armed as best you can.  We have no plan to what is under there and monsters might be the least of out worries.  This may be a black lab."  She shuddered slightly at the word and the fear that came along with it.  There had been some truly horrible things done in the dark days but the black labs were some of the worst.  "I assigned you because I know I can trust yo if all else fails to get your team out. We can hope it is just squatters dogeing taxes but I think we both know it is something more."

She tried so hard to see out of the blue light and out of her tiny concrete world.  It was like trying to move under sand. but sle leaned forward and the light's pull lessened allowing her to think a bit more. There was a person in the cell next to hers a new person because the whites of his eyes were not yet blue. Looking at him hurt.  "Don't let it take you." She realised she was crying but didn't fully understand why.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 07:37:17 am »

"Nice machine," Paul said, then gave a start at an approaching roar that sounded as if a freight loco were driving into the shop with a swarm of giant angry bees hot on its tail. "He's not really going to land that thing in--!"

Thunderwasp. The very name conjured images of violence and power, a crossbred beast of infernal origins. An apt name for a machine that could blow holes in most doors and gates, and punch through or tear out with its mechanical limbs whatever it couldn't shoot through. Born of a marriage of Dark Days mad science and the Post-Reform genius of Jessica, the Head Mechanic of the Justice Force. Ariadne, von Trapp's ship (more properly Justice Ornithopter AR1-Adn3) was one of their number. She, like her sisters, sported not one but three modes of propulsion, two of them by means of wing-beat action, and the third by a form of liquid-fueled rocketry that had rocked mainstream science back on its heels at its first inception. A set of wasp-inspired wings atop the fuselage served for hovering, close-quarters maneuvering and intial or short-hop movement of heavy loads (they could carry a whole troop-pod or a tank, aqlong with a crew and a small team of groundpounders). Set on the sides of the fuselage just under the wasp-wing housing, there were anothe rset of wings that slid together and folded to a compact bird-like bundle. When fully extended, they resembled the spread of a giant condor, and could either propel the craft with wing-beat action or glide and soar like the bird they resembled, either with or without the benefit of the rocket engines. Her heaviest gun was in the "head of what looked like a hummingbird, as were two of the Vickers guns that protruded from what looked for all the world like eyesockets in the head; they were remotely aimable in all directions. two more such guns adorned the open side bays of the ship. Her tail was literally an analog of a condor's tail, and was formed and operated in the same manner.

Such a magnificent mechanical beast was Ariadne, and her steam plant roared as she landed inside the  Mech Pool, condor wings only partially unfolded for steerage and stability as the wasp wings buzzed like a huge basso bumblebee. As she settled on the concrete floor, all six legs alighting as lightly as those of a butterfly on a chrysanthemum, von Trapp climbed out, hopped lightly for all his bulk to the ground and strode over as the wings and tail folded back together in "static" mode automatically.

"OK, gather 'round and take a look at this, people. Miss Jessica, you too, if you don't mind, " he said, and he rolled the blueprint of the Station out on the top of a tool bench that sat beside No. 7.

"First job is the drawbridge. In order to take out the front door without a lot of extra maneuvering, we need the tank to either punch it in or run through it. In order for either of those things to happen, I need to do a flyby while the rest of you are in the tank, and cut the support cables on the bridge so they can't raise it. That means I have to get there before you folks do, which means I set the tank down and offload the team, and then fly on ahead. Wait for me inside the door until I get there; I'll have Ariadne on Autopilot up in the clouds -- unless you want her along inside for backup, Miss Jessica. Jack von Trapp, by the way." he extended his hand in greeting, somewhat belatedly.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:41:37 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Dr Smithson
Gunner

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 07:48:17 am »

"I'm not sure cable is the best option ma'am," Jonathon said as he started to pull out the pieces to make a small winch. "I mean the propulsion system is magnetic, wouldn't that cause a bunching issue if the cables lower weight is propelled faster than the bolt?"

-insert pause for Thunderwasp arrival, and Von Trapp's briefing-

He looked around at the assembled crew, his eyes clear and his mind on the moment instead of machines.
"Fear not chief, you have before you some of the best and brightest the world has to offer, and each with our own special motivations to be here." Jonathon held his head high as he spoke. "I may not know any of you beyond the chief, hell some of you may have even issued some of the complaints about explosions and strange smells, but that's not the point. We are here to make the world a better place, we are here because we are, if not the best, then damn good at what we do, and if we can't then we might as well lay down n' die because nobody will have the chance we have right now."

SAM:I think we need to explore whether this attempted murder was a hate crime.

GENE: What, as opposed to one of those "I really really like you" sort of murders?
[quote/]
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 08:08:16 am »

"Pleased to meet you in the flesh Jack.  I have heard about you from the other squads and I am dammed excited to be on your team."  She looked at the plans nodding.  "Those bays just inside are plenty big for things to hide. Me and No. 7 could keep a good guard up tho.  He is a jumper as long as we don't get too high I can detach in case of trouble if you need me. I got air brakes and they are dammed nice.  Johnathon you think that magnetic shooter can punch through steel well?  We could make it hard for anything other than a person to pop out at us with a few trip lines.  I wish I had some of that polymer the boys down in the protectives lab were messing with.  It would be perfect for this."
Dr Smithson
Gunner

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 08:36:15 am »

"In theory it can punch through a steel wall as easily as a paper wall," Johnathon said with a sigh "but wasn't I just being told that my objective was to not punch through the walls?"
   Anticipating the reply he starts searching for some materials  to fashion a strap to more easily transport the bundle of bolts.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 08:49:19 am »

"Not below the water line but above." She pointed to the large truck bays near thw front of the building for off loading.  "See if we can run a trip like here anything as big as no. 7 will fall over if it trys to rush us."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 07:23:34 am »

"Below forty feet of elevation," Trapper said, "it'd be advisable to not let loose with any heavy shells or high-impact projectiles at any exterior walls. Inner partitions might be OK, as long as the hole wouldn't compromise the floor above and bring it down on us. Maximum range from one outer wall to another in either direction would be about forty-six to fifty yards, but underground the dimensions might change somewhat."

He let out a breath. "Our main objective, as the chief already said, is to nab people for questioning and snatch-rescue people who look like prisoners; you never know what or who  you'll actually get, though, so be constantly on your guard; the adorable little waif you thought you were rescuing from a life of misery could conceivably turn out to be the worst monster in the place, or the wiliest mad doctor on the Island. Don't scoff, I've seen it first-hand several times."

He rolled up the map. Right. So, I'll do a fast strafe to cut the wires on the drawbridge, and then wing in on  an arrestor to cover the rear. Ariadne'll stay airborne on autocall until I call 'er down to  give support and carry us off, or come a-runnin' to save our bacon. I'm not a one-man platoon, but I'm a damn sight better than no backup at all." The Squad ornithopter was not sentient, not really, but its mechanized-calculation autopilot system was designed to handle flying and maneuvering based on instrument pressures according to preset specs; it was a *high-redundancy calcwheel-and-sensor system that was almost as good as eyes and a brain, provided there wasn't too much clutter in the way to add too many variables for the finite number of available *calctrains to correct for.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 06:00:13 pm »

Jessica broke out in a grin. This was exactly the type of mission she was hoping for when she signed up. "Let me get No 7 linked and we can launch."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 04:16:16 am »

"I'll help you! Will called," and took out after Jessica, walking beside her as they headed to the Tank. Paul did another eyeroll and followed his brother, while Jack turned back toward the 'thopter, followed closely by the figure of Fetch. "The rest of you, choose who you'll work with to get set up; We'll all ride to the Delacroix Station in the 'thopter; we can load up aboard the tank when we set her down, just before we storm the station."

He climbed aboard the thopter at the pilot's hatch, and brought the steam plant back to life, cut in the dynamos and generators, and finally patched in the teslaic circuits  for the electric gatlings and the self-loading mechanism of the main gun. He then brought the perimeter and nav lights up, and hovered over to where the others were prepping the tank for the hook-up.

"I shall stick to you, as the saying goes, like glue, Mister Trapper," Fetch said at his elbow. "My first memories are of the interior of what, as I learned many years after, was called a "Black Lab." I do not know if I was born, or created, there, but I remember my childhood from that place. I shall keep all of my senses aware for such sensations as I had back then." There was a rather chilling note of enthusiasm in his voice; It seemed to Trapper, then, that Fetch relished the thought of returning to the kind of world in which he grew up...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 05:03:32 am »

Jessica grinned this was it she was going to be a real hero! "Up No 7."  The heavy armour lowered its hand so she could reach the back hatch and wiggle in the the suit.  It was a tight fit but worth it for the boosted control.  There were hand holds on the tank and the 'thopter and she formed a sort of link between them. Unlike the tank she could move mid flight and that was essential if they had to do some fancy aerobatics and needed more weight at the back or front. No 7 was special because he could do some simple movements on his own. "READY!" Came a very loud voice from no 7.  "Oops sorry." Jessica said in a much smaller voice once she adjusted the acoustics.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 06:46:00 am »

Trapper cringed at the sound of Jessica's voice through the suit's loudhailers, and Ariadne resonated to the harmonics in the acoustic vibrations; apparently the wasp-wings atop the fuselage  could be said to  be "tuned" in the same key. Makes me wish I was tone-deaf he thought to himself. "All aboard!" he called through his own loudhailer system. All who's a-goin' get aboard the tank or the 'thopter, I'd suggest the 'thopter if it was me." As the Proberts climbed aboard, He started the Wasp Wings, and both 'thopter and No. 7 pulled erect, like some kind of cyclopaean amalgamation of insect and metal mammal, and started to rise above the floor of the garage. Trapper executed a slow rotating turn as he backed toward the exit, until the 'thopter and its burden were both heading front-forward toward the gaping door. "Everybody strapped in or on?" He called out. The Proberts and Fetch answered in the affirmative, Paul somewhat guardedly. Will seemed on the edge of a war-whoop, and Fetch also seemed elated, thrilled with the ride so far. You doin' OK, Professor? he called back to Smithson. "How 'bout you an' Number Seven, Miss Jessica?" He aethered to the pretty young mechanic, "You two ready for a high-speed trapeze act?"

We'll see how they like swooping amongst the towers at speed, Trapper thought wryly, remembering past experiences taking green justices for their first 'thoper ride. Some took to it -- and some absolutely loathed it. Only one, years ago, had ever resigned as a justice because of it, though, thankfully...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 06:59:28 am »

"Hell yes!" Came Jessica's enthusiastic reply.  She had tested this feature quite a bit but the proving ground was nothing like the tight corners of the city. She could not wait to see what it was really capable of.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »

Trapper raised Ariadne's legs as high as they would go with the load that they were bearing, and when the thunderous "TCHUUKK" of all six locking into skid-landing mode reverberated through both machines, he slid the wasp-wing throttles forward , oriented the 'thopter for forward propulsion, and powered out of the Garage door and up into the evening sky. aerial traffic was light, as the night shift had already gone to work, and the homeward-bound day workers were already either snug in their domiciles or, as the chief had suggested, drinking their wages away in the thousands of bars and clubs that dotted the Island metropolis.

They swung around several corners and "grabbed Sky," as the saying went, ever rising, and accelerating even faster the higher they went. After they reached 800 feet, Trapper switched off the warning klaxon, but kept the whirligig lights spinning, lest a fellow night-flyer fail to see their regular running lights. He turned the composite juggernaut in the direction in which the Delacroix Station was located, once they reached 1200 feet, up among the scattered few tower-tops that reached that high, and gunned the rocket engine, spreading the "condor" wings and swooping away toward their destination...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:43:40 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 02:41:11 am »

It was scary for first moment as the weight shifted and she was out dangling over the city but then it was amazing.  As close as she could get to flying on her own without a ship.  the wind was chilly but it was worth it.  Jessica shifted and felt the ship respond hugging the curves. "Wow look at the city sparking down there!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 03:55:17 am »

The fog that always seemed to be threatening the outer reaches of the city lay thickly among the towers as the distance indicator that reacted to the strength of a radio signal from the central City Hall tower  began to beep at the distance  for which Trapper had set it so that he would not overshoot the Delacroix power station tower. Now that the was alerted, he was able to locate the tower's red and green marker lights, and trace the outlines of the tower down to street level, where the municipal street lights showed the layout of the city far below. He consulted the city map on the swingboard beside the pilot's chair, and found the street he planned to set down. Cutting back on the rockets and fanning out the asp wings to act as brake flaps, Trapper swooped down toward the boulevard below, pulling the condor wings in bit by bit, and then starting the wasp wings as the bearing surface of the condors became too small to support Ariadne and No. 7 .

"Down ya go, Miss Jessica. Alright, everybody off that's gettin' off!" Trapper called out, as the tank's legs touched down. He released the legs' grip on the tank. "Time ta let go, Miss Jessica!"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 04:44:30 am »

She disengaged from the thopter feeling sort of sad that had been one hell of a ride but there was work to do.  "All right boys lets get to work!" Jessica strode forward very confident she was about to become the hero in her own story.

Below Una was able to think clearer half out of the light than she had in a long time.  Other than the people being processed and a guard who looked rather board she was alone.  She slumped forward tired and thinking.  If she could get the waist belt off and remember how to walk she could get out.  She was not entirely sure what was outside of this place or where she even was but anything was better than the blue light.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 02:57:49 pm »

Sitting in his cell, Dee contemplated his life decisions and mistakes that  had lead to his incarceration by a branch of his former employer, and all he could come up with to summarize the current situation was "Well that could have gone better"

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 10:01:11 pm »

Trapper folded the legs back up under the 'thopter, all but the two rearmost, which were equipped with talons similar to those of a real-life bird of prey; part of the original  avian design, the rearmost legs and their talons had many uses which the designers had decided were too important to scrap. One was the "dewclaws" of the talons, whose bladelike claws had an edge that was both razor sharp and strong enough to slice through small-diameter mild steel bars.Trapper was fairly confident that they would be sufficient to the task.

lifting aloft and gunning the rockets again while spreading the condor wings and rolling to a 45-degree angle, Trapper swooped back up into the foggy skyline, circled twice while observing Jessica and No. 7's progress, and then swooped down on his attack run just as the tank set foot on the landward approach segment of the bridge. "AWW, naw ya don't! He yelled, as he Put Ariadne into a dive that made the wind scream around and past her wasp and condor wings alike. He stooped on the drawbridge's superstructure, the rear legs catching the cables just right, snapping them cleanly apart just as the bridge started to rise. The rising span crashed back to its footings with a thunderous BOOOMM that must have reverberated throughout the stations walls and foundations, not to mention every building on the street, just as Mo. 7 drew within reach of the edge. Dust and dirt billowed up around the fallen bridge section despite the wetness of the foggy night.

"WooooooOOOOOOOHHH!" Will bellowed in jubilation, from right behind Jessica. "AW, Hell yeah! We're on our way now!"

Trapper aimed Ariadne's nose skyward in the direction of the Claymore Bank's high pinnacle, and gunned the rockets once more, finally alighting light as a feather on the third riser of the pinnacle's pedestal and popping himself loose the pilots safety belts. He hit the bay door switch and the door slid open with a sound of greased runners, coupled with that of a stressed spring pulling itself back.

"Shall I accompany you, sir, or follow a few seconds later?" Fetch said at his elbow.

Trapper nearly leaped out prematurely in pure surprise. "Bloody frickin' HELL, Fetch, why didn't you debark with the others?"

"I was ordered to accompany you, Mister von Trapp, sir," Fetch said. Was his voice just a tad reproachful?

Trapper fought for control and finally said, "Grab an arrestor and follow me close. Don't get lost." Soon both were plummetting down through the fog-obscured night toward the front doorstep of the Station. Let's hope Miss Jessica gets that door kicked in quick, he mused to himself...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 11:35:46 pm »

There were people in suits too nice to be dock workers were starting to appear like bees from the hive.  "Jusice squad stand down!"  She took two more stepps before they opened fire. No 7 was entirely unphazed be this and broke in to a run with the force of a freight train. "Follow me boys, I am going in". She was going to tear through those flimsy rolling dorrs like paper.

Below Una was confused by the shakeing and the guard looked as tho he had seen a ghost.  He scrambled up uttering a string of curses.  She had been swaddled in the blue light long enough for her to not know if this was a regular occerence.  "What the hell is happening!" She said and jumped at the sound of her own voice.  When did she get so loud?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2013, 04:21:05 am »

The guards at the kiosk on the ground floor only wasted a couple of seconds staring in stunned disbelief as the 'thopter suddenly swept by outside. "T-too damned CLOSE!! the guard in charge stammered in utter shock as Ariadne snapped the cables of the drawbridge whose lever he had yanked only seconds before. he recovered in time to slap down the knife switch that powered the doors shut, and then had barely time to look down in utter shock as a wakizashi's bitter point slammed through his chest from behind. he tottered around to face the direction the attack had come from, only to find his partner's body nearly cut in half and drooping over the back of his chair. He fell to the floor as the sword was yanked free by his as yet unseen assailant, and had but a fleeting glimpse of what must have been his attacker's boots just before his own life flickered out.

Fetch, having followed Trapper's peremptory command to "get in there and silence the guards before they can sound the alarm," reached for the door control, but chose self-preservation instead, as the sound of No. 7's thunderous tread thudded nearer, nearer, and then the doors buckled as the stealthy young justice knelt behind the kiosk's control panel...
----
Will jumped off of the back of No. 7, and joined his brother on the ground, just as the juggernaut cleared the fallen drawbridge. Luke drew the bolster sword and Will his pistols, and the two tore into the black-suited bravos that were beginning to show up, then followed Smithson and the tank as a rearguard as Trapper's boots thudded to the ground (with Trapper in them, of course, and he cut loose with blaster on maximum power and his exciter rifle on the Continuous Path setting. The nearly-invisible bolts of accelerated and charged molecular air and dust particles slammed through the bodies of the attacking blacksuits, opening holes apparently by magic; the openings just seemed to appear, and in the case of headshots, the skulls just sort of shattered as if by their own volition. Conversely, the blaster bolts struck like tidily-ordered bolts of sun-hot lightning, burning their way through, sometimes doing so through two or three targets at once. He had stuck one of the 'thopter's 'doorbuster' axes into the back of his belt, and he holstered his blaster and pulled the axe when he saw a blacksuit menacing Smithson as he sought a suitable wall for the first of the triplines. Trapper reared back and then threw his weight forward, sweeping the axe up and into the toss, making it fly the entire hundred feet or so to bury it's edge in the blacksuit's back...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:33:14 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2013, 04:45:48 am »

The door crumpled like paper as no 7 bashed in to it. Jessica was happy as a clam tossing aside the door and clearing the way. Inside there were a line of vans ready to go. It took only a moment for people to take pot shots at her from behind them. "I am under fire!" She shouted.  There was a rumble as she tried to toss the vans aside and to get at the people behind it.  "Something big is coming!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2013, 05:36:19 am »

"Smithson! Get in there and fire the tripwire!" Trapper bellowed as he leapt aside, letting Luke and Will handle the vestiges of the blacksuit force as he readjusted the exciter rifle, snapping the blaster muzzle-first into a receptacle made for the purpose, and set the trigger so that the weapon's power would augment that of the carbine. "I might be able to slow 'em down a bit," he called up to Jessica as he crouched behind the cover of the tank's left ankle, and sprayed the vans with several well-placed shots. Four of the steam vans blew themselves apart as his shots hit, and scores of the would-be snipers went down screaming. he shot several more as they backed away from the now-unsafe cover of the stricken vehicles -- but a thunderous booming sound grew nearer and nearer. looking up, Trapper saw a sight he had hoped to never see again: a huge black metal-clad cyborg-dog-type Iron Golem. "Bloody hell," he breathed. and snapped the blaster's switch to Full Output, and readjusted the carbine's range and power settings. If he could just get that metal-and-flesh behemoth into range, he could excite the air behind the thing's skull plating and plant a kill shot in the thing's human core -- if the thing didn't have a built-in countermeasure. If only Smithson would just fire that bolt. "if, if, bloody if..." he muttered to himself as the sounds of Luke and Will's rampage assaulted his ears. He chuckled as he realized what the thing looked like, and what would produce such a misbegotten beast. The very irony of it all!

"Ha," he said aloud, "well, whaddya know. A black lab, from a Black Lab. Anybody got a bone? A really big 'un..."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2013, 06:29:52 am »

"Shit." She said and froze watching the black dog move. Jessica had trained hard and come out near the top of her class but it had been nothing like this.  It was coming at them faster and faster, she could see Smithson move and hear a scream but it was warped.  If he failed the dog would be on them in moments.  That dog would cut through Trapper like he wasn't there. She lifted him like he weighed nothing and held him against the handholds on her back.  If he could ride it out from the gunners perch they might just be able to take the demon dog out.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2013, 06:13:57 am »

Trapper had retained his pilot's aether transceiver unit, the headset still strapped on over his pilot's cap. His goggles had had to stay on because of teh headset, and he adjusted them slightly before fumbling out the leader cord with its whistle-shaped plug, which he laboriously worked into the slot there in teh gunner's perch, as the tanks huge hands pinning him there made it difficult to do much more than simply squirm under the pressure, amd he had to hold onto the exciter carbine with his other hand. He managed to finally work it into the socket, and switched on his micophone, which was built into the neck strap of the cap.

"Alright, OK, I'm here, Miss Jessica. I'll hang on and take the shot as I may, you're gonna need both hands pretty quick here." He added, "If I can't make a kill shot, it'll be up to you or somebody in the group to take 'im out some other way. I doubt if No. 7's cannon here'll do more than chop bits off, and that kinda beastie's famous for only dyin' when the brain's destroyed -- and they've surrounded this one's with enough armor to capsize a gunboat, by the looks o' that braincase."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2013, 06:39:34 am »

Jessica felt a bit better knowing he was safe.  "I could try taking him on by grappling but No 7 hasn't really been tested that way. I wish I had the explosive rocket launcher."  There was something coming up from where the dog had.  It was moving slower but it had horns and wicked sharp looking claws. There was something inside of it's metal bones and she guessed it was human tho in this light it was dammed hard to tell. "Trapper that thing looks like a dammed metal demon and it is after the lads."  How could they fight both of those monsters at once?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: