The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 12:27:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Progress City Case 3 Mexican Stand Off  (Read 30705 times)
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer
United States United States

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2013, 04:47:36 pm »

Dee shuddered as she told him this, remembering that he'd had a little taste himself to take the edge off his nerves before he came inside. "What the hell is going on? And what's this got to do with the bluelight?" His steak was so rare it was still bloody as he ate, washing it down with short sips of scotch. "More importantly, where's Christian hiding? I've got a bone to pick with him for locking me up in that bluelight cell" He enjoyed watching her face turn pale at the mention of bluelight. Lucretia was a human predator, but on a whole different level than himself. It was nice to see her on the receiving end of shock for once.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:49:53 pm by steamcowboy92 » Logged

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2013, 05:34:18 pm »

Lucretia took a rather large swallow of wine.  She was in things deep this time and her exit strategy was weak at best.  If this all went south she needed a heavy to fall back on and Dee was not a bad choice.  A human shied was not a bad thing to have.  "Since I know I can trust you not to gut me unless I brake the rules I am going to lay all I have on the table.  This is only for you and if I find you sold me out you are going to have a very bad day that ends up with bits of you in the bay. In return I need you to have my back if my boss's empire should fall. Laz is made from something they call Lazarus gel and I think it is made from what the blue light pulls out of people.  I had suspected it but today Christian came in with a part I know is used in a blue light array and Andrew went off on him. Apparently the main processing plant went down on his watch and the boss can't get it up and running again.  There is a part missing, something called the universal nuclide accelerator and without it the Laz is going to dry up.  The last few hours have been full of tube mail. Black line tube mail." The black line much like the black labs were almost legend.  It was mail that could find you anywhere on earth and heaven help you if you made someone with access to that angry. "The quality of pure Laz is going down quickly and if it isn't back up soon the Le Croix empire is going to burn in a way the Malone's could have never dreamed of but if we were to find the part well..."  Le Croix would would be at here mercy and she doubted Dee had much of that.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »

A cold predatory glean shone in Dee's eyes as he listened, "I knew about the plant, I just escaped the bluelight cell there" His fist clenched  hard enough that the creaking of his knuckles was audible to anyone near by. His voice had dropped to a hard emotionless growl as he spoke "So we need to figure out where Christian lost the accelerator so we can find it and take down the Le Croix, then we can see about rebuilding from the ground up"

knocking back the last of his scotch, Dee gave her a lascivious smile as he admired her openly now, the same predatory glean still showed in his eyes but this time they were intently focused on a singular someone. His rough callused fingertips brushed over the top of her petite silk like skin along the top of her hand.  He'd gotten the information he needed, he could allow himself a moment of respite to appreciate one of the only women who fired his blood for more than a moment.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:59:48 pm by steamcowboy92 » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2013, 06:46:21 pm »

Lucretia smiled warmly, god if this went through she would be more then set for a while.  She felt effervescent. The information business was profitable but this was a whole other level.  "I can start by looking in the company files tomorrow. Half the company will be gone for Founder's Day so there will be fewer people to get in the way.  Christian is a creature of habit I think you may have some luck if you look for him near the warehouse district especially in the robo fight rings. So do you have to rush off or would you care for desert, perhaps at my place?"  This deal called for something special to seal it.  She was not a whore and would stab you if described as such but she had known Dee for a while and he was the sort not too get soft and form dangerous attachments and that was rare.  She imagined he could understand how things were in their little world where sometimes a night was just a night.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2013, 09:19:15 pm »

"I think desert would suit me just fine" Standing up he pulled out her chair for her and let her take his left arm as they made their way to her place. His right hand scavenged around in his pocket as he pulled out a cigarette and stuck it in the corner of his mouth, lighting it on a candle as they passed by. Taking a deep pull on it he exhaled out his nose and said "Nothing like tobacco after a good meal, especially when it heralds the arrival of a night of sin and debauchery"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:08:54 pm by steamcowboy92 » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2013, 05:12:57 am »

Lucretia smoked when it was fashionable to do so and took out a stylish silver case.  Inside were long slender black cigarettes that smelled of exotic spices and perfume.  She held it out to Dee.  "Care to strike a fire for me?  I think I have a few things to celebrate?"  She said as they strolled down to one of the residential blocks not too far from the financial hub.  Her building was a brightly polished one complete with rather over dressed door man.  "I have moved up in the world recently." She said with a smile.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2013, 07:00:54 am »

Striking a match with his thumb,  Dee lit his ladies cigarette as they walked. "I noticed that. Last time I was at your place you were in a dumpy little town house pulling a slug out of my back" he let her in first before stepping in quickly and to one side out of habit. "What happened? Get a raise?" He pulled a pair of handcuffs he'd picked up along the way from his pocket and began to twirl them about one finger as he hummed Beethoven's Symphony No. 9.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:00:04 pm by steamcowboy92 » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2013, 04:55:51 pm »

Secretaries in Progress City were unique.  They were masters of information and had a powerful union with a very strongly written contract.  Keep the contract and your secrets were safe brake it and your information was for sale to the highest bidder. "It was a Secretaries' day gift from Kraehe corp.  Andrew broke contract." Lucretia said with a victorious little smile.  She had been young when she negotiated her contract and Andrew knew every loophole.  She had been waiting for him to make a misstep for years.  Stubbing out her cigarette she called down an elevator. Turning to Dee she gave him a small kiss. After being denied her rightful due for years Le Croix was going to be grovelling at her feet.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2013, 05:01:56 pm »

Ever the greedy bastard, Dee didn't let it go at that, his hand gently but forcefully grabbing Lucretia about the waist and another tangling in her hair as he pulled her into a hard passionate kiss that left them both breathless. Her taste was on his lips and the animal inside him wanted more.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2013, 05:23:10 pm »

"My you are a hungry creature aren't you?"  She said pulling him in to the elevator.  Hair half down, flushed cheeks and a wicked smile she kissed him again as the doors closed.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2013, 05:30:40 pm »

"your about to find out" he kissed her back as he pinned her to the wall of the elevator, her arms held above her head, one massive hand enwrapping both her wrists.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2013, 07:40:01 pm »

Oooh this was getting out of control she had to get back in charge. Darn him for melting her like that.  "Wait not here. Not out in the open." she said breathless le hoping the dorr would not open and the elevator would move faster to her penthouse apartment.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2013, 07:53:34 pm »

Growling in her ear, Dee gently set her back down on her feet and but still held her wrists. He still towered over her as he took up most of the elevator car. his breath was hot on the side of her neck as he trailed kisses and light bites down from her ear to her collar "
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:08 pm »

That the next four floors passed with all the speed of a hurd of turtles.  It was vastly unfair Dee's hands were so warm.  Lucretia was used to always being in controll of her little world but somehow that had changed. The door opened and she let out a shiver.  "Come on the door knows to open for me."  Her apartment was full of gleameing silver and black and jam packed with every gadget that was on the market.  The far wall was all glass showing the city below.  It was the one place in the city she could relax and not keep up the ultra fasionable mask.  "Welcome to my home."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2013, 03:14:31 am »

Standing in the doorway, taking most of it up, Dee surveyed the room with a look of surprise. "Never figured you for a techy" Walking over to the large window, he looked out over the city, his first thoughts were of what a potential sniping spot this could be, but was quickly distracted from that line of thought by the bewitching woman behind him.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2013, 04:59:48 am »

"They have their uses." Lucretia snapped her fingers and music started to play. It was a rough jazz and not something most people would think she would like.  It reminded her of the dive bar she lived above when she was just starting out.  "Makes you feel like king of the city doesn't it?"  She took down her hair, letting it fall in waves to her waist and taking a seat on the low couch facing the windows.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2013, 06:07:51 am »

Shrugging his shirt off With a wicked grin Dee let it drop to the floor as the moonlight danced across his shoulders, silhouetting his frame and casting Lucretia in a ethreal palor that was both hypnotizingly sensual and haunting at the same time. As he moved towards her he growled "hail to the king baby"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2013, 06:35:58 am »

She slid her hands over him. This was good, raw and powerful.  She did not need to temper her behaviour to disguise her hunger and remain the perfect unobtainable lady.  Nothing she could say or do would harm her. Nothing would go beyond these walls.  She did not have to worry about reputation here. Slowly leaving a trail of discarded clothes she led him to her most private world and in to her bed. Lucretia was herself, power hungry and fighting Dee for dominance without needing words or caring if they got a bit hurt.  Nails across skin, forceful kisses and little nibbles.  For a while the complex battle of her life was open and raw before Dee. This was what was under all those masks she put on for the public.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2013, 07:20:33 am »

Dee descended on the smaller woman in a whirlwind of dominant passion, enjoying the feel of her body pinned under him, helpless and open to his touch with her arms stretched above her head by the handcuffs that held her to the headboard.  ,  moving  and writhing under his as she fought for the control he never gave up. As the night moved on he began to see more and more about who she truly was beneath the cold heartless facade she put on. A ruthless woman of unbridled passion and ambition who seemed come alive under his rough hands and coarse touch. His hands, strong enough to break her in half traveled her body lightly, barely ghosting over her skin, yet illiciting sigh and moan wherever they traveled. His movements were raw and brutal, carrying with them a need and intent that were primal in their sheer intensity that she matched beat for beat.  "Here," he thought at the hight of their passion "is a woman to walk the mountains with "
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:28:34 am by steamcowboy92 » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2013, 04:22:24 pm »

Lucretia wanted this to go on forever but her body was getting tired.  Letting out a satisfied sigh she sunk in to the bed boneless but happy.  "I think that calls for a smoke, Don't you?
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2013, 05:07:38 pm »

Agreed. Grabbing his pack from the floor he lit them both a smoke. "Agreed"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2013, 05:43:22 pm »

She took a few drags and watched the smoke rise to the ceiling.  "That was a wonderful way to end an evening. Where are you holing up?  As soon as Andrew knows you got out he is going to send someone after you.  I can delay things a bit but I can only do so much.  I already heard him send the hounds out for some of the survivors." She shuddered a bit.  The hounds were ruthless killers grafted and tank grown to improve their ability to hunt.  All in all they were nasty pieces of work.

Christian was pacing in the back rooms of the west side fight ring.  Damn his uncle for sending him out looking for a part that he did not even know what it looked like.  The justices had to have it somewhere. The old man must have pocketed it when the orb was removed.  He was mainly clinging to this because he did not like the idea that what he was after was buried under several tons of rubble.  Tomorrow he would make those dammed pencil pushers in the company archives give him the specks so he knew what he was looking for and then he would find that old man and pound his frustrations out.

Una lost the battle with sleep as the book tumbled on to the table and she leaned on Fetch utterly exhausted. Chief Thigpen finally made it down to the garage looking worse for wear. Everyone had stopped her in the halls and every division needed her for something.  So that made getting anywhere take three times as long. "Trapper are things more calm down here?  I swear the rest of this place is a madhouse."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2013, 08:25:05 pm »

"Well... the chaos is more organized here, but I think you just changed rooms in the asylum, Trapper said wryly, from the depths of the powersuit he was currently encased in. He had refused to wear the helmet unit, however, and instead simply had the audio feed headset on so that he could look people in the eye and they could do likewise with him. He took the reports handed to him from three consecutive sergeants., and pointed the way to the temporary lockups for a sprog looey dragging three perps in group cuffs along behind him.

"It's your choice, ma'am, but in light of recent events, a powersuit might be a good idea," Will interjected from the Equipment Bursar's booth across the makeshift aisle of hastily-arranged desks. "We got one with your name on it right'chere, ma'am!" he smiled impishly.

"I've got bulls doing armored beats in three-squad shifts in all sectors," Trapper said, "and 'thopter teams doing sweeps of the city at twenty-minute intervals. it's organized, but looks chaotic."

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30:32 pm »

"I hate being in those tin cans buti guess I have to." They allways creasedher pants. And left her with leg cramps.  "I don't want a helmet an get me a com unit that can clip to me the helmet ones make it hard for me to hear." She said to Will.  The chif did herbest to climd in to the armor in a dignafied way.  Once she was settled Agnes turned to Trapper.  "If Henrey from the med squad comes down here please keep him from harrassing my only good witness. he and myra almost came to blows in the middle of the hall.  Apparently Miss Una's blood has a healing factor he has never seen before and he is keen to research it but !yra and the rest of the head shrinkers think that may be detramental to her state of mind."  The cheif sighed sometimes this job was like hurding cats.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2013, 10:56:58 pm »

"You know me. I got a few safe houses scattered here and there if I need to drop off the radar." Finishing his smoke, he stood upbans began dressing. "I think it's high time I paid Christian a visit.  Wouldn't you agree? " Throwing his coat over one shoulder to cover his side arm, Dee kissed Lucretia one last time and let himself out, their intertwined scents laden with the smell of sex and sweat followed him as he rode the elevator dpwn
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: