The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 13, 2017, 10:17:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Progress City Case 3 Mexican Stand Off  (Read 31193 times)
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer
United States United States

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2013, 06:02:50 pm »

Gently laying his rifle aside, Dee crossed his arms and looked up at the people who'd interrupted

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2013, 04:15:53 am »

"Luke! Fetch! Two to come up so far, they look like normo bluelighters." Will yelled so that his voice would carry up to the top of the stairwell over the now-sporadic fire from above and cacophony of enraged and wounded monsters. He turned back to the pair of apparent rescuees. "Any more in the Soulstealer?"

Above, Trapper had managed to climb back up to the level above to replace the  battery pack in the blaster. Breaking it open like am over-under shotgun, he pulled out the spent battery  and inserted a fresh one. Looking up from the task as he closed the weapon again and holstered it, he spied a figure stealthily making it's furtive way around the doorjamb of a nearby hatchway, and called out. "Prosperity City Justice! Stop right there and raise your hands!" the figure did so, and at that moment Trapper recognized a relative of the Kingpin who owned the station. "Waall, now, Christian Delacroix, as I live and breathe, how goes it in your dodgy little world, eh?" He heard Will's shout and Luke's answer, and motioned at the blur that he figured had to be Fetch. "gimme a hand wi' this fella, will you? I do believe we've finally found ourselves a big fish."

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2013, 04:47:16 am »

"There was another man but I don't know how long ago that was."  She looked at them closely.  They were armed and in uniform and that made her nervous for some reason.  "Are you going to lock us up?"

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2013, 12:32:22 am »

"Detaining you for questioning," Luke said, coming down the stairs to join his brother. He turned to Will. "von Trappe has a Delacroix family member in custody up there," he said, nodding up in the direction of the landing above. "Christian Delacroix, if I heard right Fetch has 'im in the squad 'thopter along with the cyborg detainees. You two," he said to the two escapees from the Soulstealer, "come with me, nice and slow, no funny stuff." He motioned with the bolster sword.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2013, 02:48:32 am »

Una followed her footfalls nearly silent from her lack of shoes.  "Where are we going?"  She wasn't demanding but sounded a little worried.  Logicically she knew she must have come from some place outside but she had no clue where or how long she had been down here.  Was someone looking for her?  Una knew there was a sun and it was bright but she could not say if she had ever seen it.  She could not say she had seen much other than the walls of her cell. All in all she was disoriented and tired.  People who survived soul sucking often lost most of their memories and the longer you were under the less chance you got any of what you had back.  Una was lucky she had a mind left unlike the poor things they pulled from their metal suits.

In one of the tallest skyscrapers a man is waiting to give a report.  His clothes are torn and he has a slug in his shoulder nut anything more than first aid to stop him from bleeding on the carpet would have to wait.  There was a reason all the chairs in his waiting room were black leather.  The secretary buzzes him in looking nervous and he pauses not sure if he will ever come out of those thick wooden doors alive. The man behind the desk is not happy the city glows below them with life.  "So I hear you had a dust up with some justices." 

The thug gulps knowing that this is his last chance.  "Yea but the secondary set-up is safe, running and it is hidden under the coppers nose"

The man nods.  "What about the core.  Did you recover it?"

"No but we know where it is and as soon as the heat dies down we will go get it back."  The thug waits for death or salvation.

The man frowns and turns his back on the thug.  "You have one week before I take matters in my own hands."

"Yes Sir."  The thug stumbles out amazed he is still breathing.

The man looks out on the city fondly. Someday this would all be his and they would be afraid of his shadow.  The dark days would come again all he had to do was wait.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2013, 12:44:57 am »

Upon seeing Una, Trapper looked her up and down several times. "Why do you look so familiar?" he said. "I wonder... You don't look like prettyboy here, or not much..." he gestured backward at Christian with his left thumb, his right hand hovering near the pommel of the now-holstered blaster; Dee looked familiar to him as well (though he didn't know the mans name or occupation as yet, or Una's either, or the reasons they were put in the Bluelight Machine. "Well, time enough later for such questions. Can you show me where the machine is?" he asked Una "Tell this fellow here your name and function," he said to Dee, indicating Smithson, "we'll put you in with the suit people, sorry but we don't have a lot of extra room, or time to rearrange seating. 

"Luke? Grab our Mr. Christian, and bring him along. We're going to pay a visit to the Bluelight Device, and he's going to show us where it is."

Several minutes later, they stood at one end of a plain, uniformly drab concrete structure that sat within a large chamber hewn from the living bedrock; it resembled a prison building, with several flats of tiny-windowed cellblocks stacked one on top of the other; all bore coiled wires and resistor arrays, with arcs and sparks flying ff in different directions forming a sort of constant halo of lightning around the rectangular edifice, while bright blue lightstreamed out of many of the windows. Atop the structure squatted a gigantic, ugly spheroidal collection unit that gleamed with polished steel, brass and chrome and emitted an eerie bluish-white fog ffrom several openings around its misshapen equator. Christian directed them to the base of the malevolently-gleaming device, and poined at the control panel set into its lower surface. Trapper followed the young man's instructions, and then looked below the panel.

"Hello... What's this thing?"  Luke winced when he saw Trapper lift the odd blue orb. it was connected to the machine by a complicated armature of several coiled cables, all of which culminated in big, impressive-looking plug, rather like one of the trunk-cable linkage plug-and-socket assemblies that one found throughout the city connecting  both aether telegraph units and power lines alike. It made an odd, loud, oddly plaintive *BLOOP?!* noise when Trapper picked it up. "Awww, I think it's lonely. How 'bout you, Christian? You think it likes me?"

"D-d-don't! Be careful!"

"Don't be careful? O.K." Trapper straightened up and held the orb as if to toss it away. The linkage popped off, the sphere went *BINK! BLOOP! BEEEORP!* and emitted a potent-sounding *WHOOMPF* as if a huge gas burner had just ignited inside of it. "Ummm..." Trapper looked dubious. "That can't be good..."

Christian said, "NO! DO BE CAREFUL! DOOOOOOOOOMMTT.. and looked as if he were fainting. For his own part, Luke was not looking terribly confident either. as the Giant metallic sphere instead of settling down to a dying whimper instead began to throw off arcs and bolts and smoke in a most alarming way. "Wel, looks like we ought to be on our way. Come along Christian, Luke, lets be getting back.

When they gained the 'thopter again, Trapper called over to Jessica, "Latch on! the Device is acting up, and I think we'd best be on our way home now." He handed the orb to Smithson as he began to strap himself in and do the preliminaries. "Keep track o' this, will you? Forensics'll have a ball with it, I'll wager. Maybe you can figire oiut what it's for on yer own..."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2013, 03:33:45 am »

Una was strapped and waiting for the large bug thing to take them somewhere in when  Mr. Christian was half tossed in to his chair.  He was different from the others. The people from the suits were treated with a sort of pity but he was downright hated. "Are you the one that kept me locked up?" She was full of anger and for a moment he was dammed lucky she could not get at him.  His eyes were on the orb and nervous.

"Never a dull moment with you is there Mr Trapper?" She said laughing and getting No 7 in to place. "Ready to go!" Jessica was so ready for a shower and a bite to eat.

The thug was watching and waiting for the justices to leave.  That core was his one chance to save his own life.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2013, 06:10:11 am »

After the mishap with the armored car, those of the security force who were still possessed of enough tenacity to remain and try to get control of the situation had decided that bigger and badder was better. Thus, they had gone to the Motor Pool lot next door and procured an actual full-sized land ironclad, complete with four perimeter guns and a turret boasting two humongous cannons that would not have been out of place on a battleship. A Motor Pool Tech had accompanied them, and was in fact the one doing the driving -- not that there was much driving to do, since the metal behemoth was just required to idle in the now completely doorless Entry Bay, while seven guards sat inside and argued, fought, kicked, and punched each other while they fought to train the guns on the far corner where the elevator shaft lay, in preparation for the 'thopter's reappearance. Then, Ariadne finally hove clear of the shaft.

"Chalky!"

"Ah?"

"There she blows!"

"Wha're ya on about, I'm takin' a smoke--!"

"The squad flapper! she's up an' comin at us! FIRE THE DAMNED GUNS!"

"OK, right,  just keep yer blamed shirt on, Frank, here we go." He yanked the firing lever.

Nothing happened.

"What th'!"

"Hey Mort!" one of the others yelled down at the tech/driver, "Why don't it fire!?"

"FOIRE!? Why would you need t' foire it? You gots ter have ammo ter foire it, anyway"
"!"

"?"

"!!?"

Outside the land 'clad, Ariadne came closer and  closer. "Er, Jessica?" Trapper said via the aether comm link, "We seem to have a big mobile pile of metal in the way. Do you want to take care of it, or should I just blast it?" Something, some kind of disagreement seemed to be happening aboard the eartbound battlewagon; the turret was moving from side to side erratically and the two big naval guns were wobbling up and down like somebody was slamming somebody else around inside the turret. Which, in fact, they were...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2013, 06:31:31 am »

"Let me have a go at them with the warbler and see of we can flush them out."  The warbler was a sound cannon she had been working on for braking up riots.  Just a few notes from it and it felt like you had ants under your skin and normal broke groups up pretty fast.  She had developed it for half a year and was rather proud of it.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2013, 05:34:20 pm »

Strapped in his seat next to her, Dee gently nudged the girl with his knee, whispering, "That's not the boss. He's just his nephew. I know him, just another underboss in a whole network."

Kicking him hard in the kneecap, Dee spoke, his voice deep and sonorous "Christian, what are you doing here. Your a drug runner not a mad scientist"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2013, 06:33:59 pm »

Christian's head snapped up noticing Dee and Una for the first time. "Shit." He muttered under his breath.  Christian had been hoping he could use fast talking and a lawyer to wiggle out of this but damned Dee knew too much.  "I was just running security for my uncle I don't know anything about mad science."  No one believed a word of it. 
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2013, 05:37:10 am »

"And here I was hopin' you could shed some light on how the whole suit-and-Bluelight scenario works," Trapper said, though he already knew most of the story, having helped with some of the setup of his own former master's machine decades before, as well as several of the more difficult "test subjects."

Much of the mechanical aspect of the first prototypes of the Bluelight Machines were notoriously gear-and-drivetrain dependent, even depending in some cases on power input from steam-driven dynamos to get started, or in some cases just to keep operating. In addition to Ornithopter piloting, Steam engine building, repair and maintenance had been one of the young Jack von Trappe's specialties, and was required of him as often as his assassination abilities in the multi-hat organization that was  the norm back in those days.

"C'mon, Chris, You knew exactly where that control panel was and which buttons and levers to use. Oh, yeah, an' you keep starin' at our cute lil blue ball, there..." Trapper said, a certain note of malice and impatience in his voice. "And why so leery of Miss Young and Pretty, eh? Is what she said true? Did you stick 'e rin the Blue Clink?"

The girl from the Metal Demon suit on the ground floor stirred at the sound of the security guards screaming and diving from the land 'clad, tearing at their clothes and screaming about spiders and scorpions under their clothes. The wasted girl turned from the view through the front windscreen, moving her still-metal-and-tech-sheathed head toward Christian. Her mouth, just visible amongst the support armatures and life support mechanisms, broke into a toothy grin. "MASTER! So long being it was! Served truly and well have I, just as told me to you did..." the smile disappeared , replaced with a sad downturn of the lips. "B-but, Why? Never you did reward me? Where is mother mine, promised, you did?" Her eyes behind the rotating lenses grew wide and a manic smile formed on her lips, "AH! Knowing I am! You brought her have you to me?" She turned to Una, but her face, what could be seen of it, fell again. "You're Mommy not..." She subsided back into herself. A short time later, she was humming happily to herself, for all the world as if the previous outburst had never occurred.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2013, 06:25:12 am »

Una shivered at the mechanical woman it was only by the grace of god that she wasn't broken like that. A memory popped up sharply in her mind. She turned to Christian fuming. "Your a dammed liar, I saw you yelling at a tech abound increasing my output.  In fact you were there when the first implant failed. Were did you steal me from?" She was wishing she still had Dee's gun.

"I have no idea what you are taking about," He tried to put her off but it didn't work. She glared at him like she wanted to light him on fire with pure anger. There was something in her eyes that he recognized as very dangerous. "You were there when I came in.  I have only been there a year and a half."  God she was scary.

Below Jessica was laughing as she watched the goons scramble.  "Mr Trapper do you want me to fire on them or should we just head on home?"
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2013, 09:58:24 pm »

Not feeling like stretching this out any longer than necessary, simply because he wanted to go home and cuddle up with his cat and a bottle of scotch, Dee leaned forward and fixed Christian with a glare. "Chris, you know me. You know what I do for your uncle. I would highly suggest you answer the young lady's questions before I get annoyed. Remember what happened to Willie Alterie? You wouldn't want to end up like that now would you"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2013, 10:38:10 pm »

Shit this was worse then interrogations the justices ever threw at him.  "I don't know where you came from. The techs kept a bunch of records in a depot somewhere I never looked in to it.  It was my job to keep the money coming in and find buyers for the bio-armour the rest I left for the minions." Christian tried to puff himself up and look like a big man but he was scared. Perhaps a bit of time in protective custody of the justices would be a good idea that scrawny girl looked like she wanted to rip him apart with her bare hands and if she was with Dee well she might just have a shot. 
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2013, 12:11:19 am »

Trapper leaned back in the pilot's chair and rocked his head from side to side, his neck making cracking and popping sounds as he did so. "I'd say give the 'clad a round or two, it looks deserted, but there's always a 'stalwart hero', or just a crazy bastard in bunches like that, who hides just out of sight on the other side sweatin'  buckets and bullets, and clutchin' a grenade gun like it's his favorite teddy bear... Or I can give him the benefit of Ariadne's 75..."

Far down in the depths of the station, the Bluelight Machine was having a bad bit of indigestion; sparks and arcs flew all ove rthe placem\, a deep rumbling began issuing from deep within the spherical main amalgamation unit, ever building and neve rreally subsiding despite the techs desperate attempts to contain or alleviate the increasingly-numerous malfunctions that the device was experiencing due to the loss of the governance of it's orb unit.

Elsewhere, Fetch was visiting an old, old friend; one believed by almost everyone else in the city to have died long ago. In fact, he had died, but some of Prosperity City's darker  forms of technology had brought him back from the dead and kept him just beyond returning there. The odd, arcane boy who had become a Justice knelt before his creator and wept to find the old man alive but not -- but he was still overjoyed to see him again.

"Fetch... Fetch?!" The craggy, old, bald head suddenly lifted and the ancient eyes, glowing with an eerie green light, fixed upon the person's most prized creation. "So you still live? Ah, but my fine boy, what are you doing here? if the Dels catch you, they'll make you theirs and force you to labor for them while I watch. Flee, quickly, before they come!'

A tremor shook the building, then, and cracks appeared in the wall of the deep-hewn chamber. A deep, booming rumble sounded form a bit farther below, and Fetch laughed.  "No, Darkfather, I think not. Mister von Trappe has finally found their core, I think, and I think their tower will fall before long..."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:26:12 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2013, 12:25:11 am »

"Let me light things up a bit." She said with a smile useing No 7's feet to grip the ship she quickly changed out the firing modal before she shifted too much.  Hanging half upside down she fired a few explosive rounds in to the tank and let out a woop as they detonated.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2013, 05:10:06 am »

The land 'clad skittered to the right and pretty much blew apart under the explosive onslaught. Having shipped no ammunition, the only thing available to on board to react and explode was the boiler and the liquid fuel used to run the firebox. Thus, it simply fell apart after a relatively unexcitingly small first pair of explosions and a huge cloud of escaping steam as it skated on its rubberless treads, exposing as predicted the one crewman with enough guts to stay behind with the requisite grenade gun. With hate-filled eyes, he leveled the gun at the ship as Trapper popped the pilot's top hatch and poked his shoulders out, drawing his blaster as he did so aiming the gun in standard covering/arrest mode..

"Drop the weapon and stand down, sir," Trapper shouted peremptorily. He hoped the man would have the sense to back down and save his own skin, but it was not to be; Trapper gave the order one more time, and then snapped off a full-power shot that knocked the grenade gun's  muzzle toward the floor just as it went off, and burned a hole straight through the man's shoulder. The immediate result waqs a success, but the ultimate outcome was lethally catastrophic, as the grenade struck the floor just in front of the hapless guard, and blew a hole in the floor, making a mess of the man as it did so. "DAMN!" Trapper cursed. "Does anybody have any brains these days?" He flippe dteh button on the console as he sat back down and plugged back in. "We're going, Jessica," He said as he eased the 'thopter forward.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2013, 06:19:14 am »

"Hell yes.  I could use a shower, a stake and a drink." Jessica sad adjusting No 7's grip.

Una eased back in her chair unused to flying but not taking her eyes off of Christian.  She had a purpose now.  Find the records and then find herself.

The thug felt a weight fall off his chest as the thopter pulled away now he could get what he came for and then get the hell out.  Using the steam from the broken tank he snuck in and prepared to get to the machine in the basement before the whole place fell in.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2013, 04:49:00 pm »

Luke had been looking for Fetch, because he wanted to ask him something about how he managed to be so stealthy. The damnedest thing was, the fellow was so blasted hard to see even when he was right beside one. But this was getting annoying. Before, he could sort of sense where the fellow was, even if he couldn't exactly see him, but even that was fruitless, now. A nagging feeling began to grow in his gut, along with a knot of worry that grew every time he looked back and saw the Delacroix tower beginning to shed bits and blocks of masonry. "Uhhh... Trapper? Is Justice Fetch aboard? I can't sense him at all."

Trapper looked up from the controls and called back, "Fetch, you here? I need to ask you something."

Nothing, not even a cough from a dark corner.

Jack stopped the 'thopter dead still in the air, save for the beating of the wasp wings. he manipulated the control for the surveillance scope, lined up all the mirror segments so that the image in the viewfinder showed Delacroix Tower, and stared for a long moment, then turned the ship around.  "Damned if I'm gonna leave a teammate if I can 'elp it," he muttered the tower began to shed whole decorative pieces, the chunks shattering on the grounds, steps, and streets below.

"You're not going to fly back into that!" Luke queried incredulously.

"No." Trapper answered grimly. "Jessica, get ready, I'm setting down. Fetch is back in there someplace, and I'm not leavin' a crewmate behind. You can com,e along or stay, I could use the armored help, but There's no shame in stayin' behind, that whole pile's gonna go splat pretty soon, looks like."

Fetch looked up and his features became... not grim, but serious, with a determined cast to his jaw. "I must go, Darkfather. Already my friends have mistakenly left me here, I think. I think they will come back  to get me, and it is too dangerous for Normos like them.I must forstall them. I hope to see thee again."

"Go, my son, We will see one another in the lands of the dead soon enough, if not in this world. Fare Well!"

Fetch tossed the old once-man a twofingered forehead salute and a loving look, and then he was a blur and no longer there, just as a piece of the ceiling weighing several tons above where he had just been crashed to the floor.

The old once-man smiled. It would not be long, now.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:12:35 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2013, 05:18:16 pm »

"Ooh hell. I will back you up Mr Trapper but lets be quick before that thing smashes all of us flat."  Jessica revved up the power plant just in case they needed some extra speed.  She half wished she had taken No 4 instead because he was the one with the rocket pack. 

The thug ran as fast and hard as he could, he feared his boss far more than being crushed.  He finally made it to the machine as the roof stated to collapse.  Cursing he noticed the core was gone but there was still some hope.  The core had an emergency shut-down signal box but as a safety measure it only worked in close proximity to the core.  With a bit of fixing he would have a tracker then once the core was put away somewhere safe he could get in and snatch it before the boss' week was up.  He ran as fast as he could cradling the device to his chest.  Once he got out all he had to do was lie low and wait.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2013, 03:27:17 am »

Trapper grabbed the standard-issue thruster pack. strapped it on, but did not ignite it; if things got absolutely hairy, He'd use it to fly free, but the tanks would not last for a two-way trip; it was  more for use as an alternative to a descent arrestor, rather than as a secondary mode of transport. It would carry him and Fetch, but only one way, and only for a short time, just long enough (Trapper hoped) to get them clear.

But it was not to be. As the two would-be rescuers neared the Downed drawbridge, the overtaxed edifice before them groaned  like a dying leviathan, and then crumbled, almost as if it were melting from the inside out. When the giant cloud of dust and small debris cleared, a gigantic pile of veneer granite, twisted girders, and construction masonry lay where the Delacroix tower had once stood. A moment passed, and then the pile subsided as a blinding blue radiance blazed from within, and sank beneath ground level, steam, flames, and eye-searing blue light all leaping up from the seething hole, followed by what looked like lava, which quickly subsided and seemed to cool before their eyes. A deep rumble that shook the ground issued from deep below the earth, and then all was still...

"Oh, no. NO! FETCH!" Trapper screamed, sprinting to the pit's edge.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2013, 04:40:34 am »

Jessica was stunned, this was not what was suposed to happen.  They were heroes damn it!  The ground shook slightly under them as people started to appear as they often did when something big happened  "Mr Trapper Sir, we should go back to the ship.  I don't like how the ground near that pit is cracking." 

The thug was sweating bricks. He barely made it out of there with his skin intact.  Thank god for the jet pack he stole.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2013, 03:18:33 am »

Trapper reluctantly forced himself to accept the truth.  rookie subordinate had  died whilst under his direct command. A small, doubt, wriggling under the crushing weight of evidence to the contrary, insisted that a being like Fetch wold be nearly impossible to kill, and that he would have found an exit somehow. He insisted on firing up the jet pack when he saw someone jetting away on a pack of their own, and he managed to get a few shots off at the person when it became obvious that it wasn't Fetch, but in the end he was forced to turn around and return. He performed a slow pass over the still-smoking pit that was all that remained of the Delacroix Tower, and finally gave up when he saw the vitreous congealed lava at the bottom, the tall iron-girder lightning-rod finial of the spire sticking up at an angle; and showing signs of having partially melted in the cataclysm. No one could have survived that, he thought, and yet... but no, i was impossible, surely. Heavy-hearted, he returned to Jessica and the others at the 'thopter. Will had apparently been having a heated conversation with Christian, who had evidently tried to buy his way out of his predicament, and Luke was reciting "Bribery of an official of the Peace" rhetoric from the City's Bill of Ordinances. Will kept fulminating about "A hell of a time for it," and "unfeeling thuglords." 

"Shut the hell up and let's get going," he said, his voice harsh with command and a measure of grief. "A damned good man's been lost today." He stifled his feelings and reactions, and plopped into the pilot's seat. "Latch on, Jessica, we're off for the H.O.J.." He hoped his voice didn't sound too affected.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2013, 04:29:13 am »

"Yes sir." She said wondering if she should ask him out for a drink after the debrief.  She imagined he would need it.

Una felt odd. The only place she knew was melted in to slag.  Well, no way but forward now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: