The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 18, 2017, 02:05:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress city a small steam noir-ish game planning and ooc thread.  (Read 9157 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 04:18:03 am »

Glad to have you back!

---
Fetch may actually be glad to be going to such a dangerous, arcane place...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 04:35:28 am »

Thanks I had one heck of a 24 hour bug.   Oooh this should be fun.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2013, 06:52:32 am »

I'll be performing with the Dulcimer Society on Saturday (the 20th, today) at San Jacinto Battleground; I'll be back and posting either Saturday Night after 8 or so, or (depending on my level of fatigue), on Sunday. April is such a busy month for performances this year, there's another performance  (in Conroe) next weekend as well *whew* Tongue pant, pant, pant...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 07:01:04 am »

Have fun.  I know my friends have a ton of cons and stuff this month so perhaps April is just busy.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:01 pm »

sorry for the late entry, just started a second job so ive been busy as all hell

Name: Dee

History: Hired at a young age as a numbers runner for a cartel in South Texas, Dee made his way quickly through the ranks by any means necessary, making a name for himself as a well read soft spoken man with a natural penchant for violence known for getting to the heart of a matter as quickly as possible. Currently a troubleshooter and interrogator, Dee believes strongly in winning regardless of cost and will often fight dirty, despite his gentle seeming sanguine nature. His willingness to solve situations with violence has led to a disagreement with one of the cartels captains in charge of drug running and after accidently killing the wrong person, Dee has been detained for his own safety until the heat blows over.

Skills: Hand to Hand, Evasive driving, point shooting, quick draw, torture, puzzle solving, can usually find a quick solution to most situations.

Speciality:  information collation through physically coerced interrogation, problem solving.

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »

Was performing at Conroe Kidzfest yesterday, all day (well, until the storms hit anyway), and taking care of fatigue afterward. Ssory about the posting delay.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 05:50:03 am »

Should Trapper or one of the others come up with some gelignite (or similar) to blow the elevator shaft doors, or shall we open them a different way?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 05:58:43 am »

I think we can explode this one but each layer gets more tough until we reach the bottom.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 07:00:12 am »

*Hang ho!" - purloined from the John Wayne movie Hellfighters, the one about Red Adair and his company that fights (yes, it's still around and doing well) Oil well fires. Context is that it's an order, similar to "forward, ho!," issued when South American guerilla rebels attacked the wellhead his team was attempting to cap just before said wellhead burst back into flame from the gunshots.

Gotta love the Duke, they always gave him such great lines, may he RIP.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:28:21 pm by MWBailey » Logged
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 02:51:58 pm »

I always thought The Duke would have been awesome if he'd played in Casablanca with Maureen O'Hara instead of Bogart and Bergman. not that theres anything wrong with the original I just would have liked to have seen John Wayne play in it lol
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 02:47:15 am »

Sounds interesting.

My current exercise prescription calls for 1 1/2 hours walking outside every day, rain or shine, winter or summer, cold or hot (I frequently exceed that, but whatever). The problem is that days like today (windy, cold and very very dry) tend to dry my eyes out. Factor in the extra pollen from this time of year, and you can imagine what my eyes feel like right now. I'll be resurrecting them with eyedrops and eyepatch until latenight; I might post then, but I'll have to wait and see if they've recovered. Sorry for the wait.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 02:55:02 am »

Enter our villain or at least the big one. Most of the city is only a few pushes away from evil genus hood anyway.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 12:50:19 am »

I've been wrestling with a vicious, bloodthirsty ledger, and getting my exercise. Sorry for the wait.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2013, 02:51:50 am »

I'm not trying to say Una and Fetch come form the same stock; it just seems likely to me that, being a "made" (or perhaps "manufactured") being, Fetch would have some kind of indentifying mark, like a shopmark or serial number.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013, 06:23:09 am »

That is a neat angle.  I think Una's main drive is to figure out where she comes from and if that means joining the justices or braking in somewhere I think she will do it.
zanlia copperwire
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 12:34:15 am »

Ummm... Hello! Im new in the Portrayal section on thos forum but I am very familiar with rping because of other forums.... Would it be okay if I joined in on this one or should i wait for another one....

An automaton which runs on Pockey Sticks?! Who has heard of such a thing?! If you dont beleive me, just look at this automaton. It runs on Pockey Sticks.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 02:42:28 am »

Stella's been offline all day today, I hope she's not caught in the various things that happened over the weekend up north-ways; she's the GM of this game,so she'd have the final say.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 03:49:13 am »

Sorry it was the first weekend of renfare and I was busy as heck. It would be just fine for you to join in.  At this point you could easily be a justice assigned  to the investigation or a member of a rival gang that wants to use the justices to take potshots at DeCroix.
zanlia copperwire
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2013, 04:40:53 am »

Okay! Ill think about which one as I re-read the last two pages and get back to you in a bit. I just feel a little awkward about joining an rp that is as developed as this one is
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2013, 05:04:23 am »

We are only getting started but feel free to pm me if you need any help.  Una isn't very strong but anger and panic are good at giving things a boost.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:38:08 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 04:16:07 pm »

I fell into a dry ditch yesterday during my walk, and landed on my chest, on top of my 1-quart round canteen (broke my fall, but its sore. My chest, not my canteen Wink).  I have been recovering; the folks were wildly worried about my ribs. Not sure why exactly, I didn't fall that hard. Sorry for the wait, in any case.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »

Hope you are feeling ok.  I know chest bruising can be painful.  The founders day is a huge party were everyone has off work and the central part is full of amusements and vendors.  The justices have a hell of a time keeping things from boiling over.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 06:26:15 pm »

The latest entry was created on my mobile tablet thingy, so some of the words're wild and weird despite my best efforts.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:53:36 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

The cheif is sure that Dee is working for La Carox and called the attack on the station.  She thinks he is calling to bargen and exchange una for calling off the hounds.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 05:51:09 am »

Fetch tends to see things from a perspective of someone with unique abilities and a rather particularly violent background and sequence of development; he might not be the best model or commentator on normalcy, although he may occasionally show glimpses of brilliant profundity.

On a different note, How'd I get to be a "Time Traveler?" (not that I'm complaining, you understand Wink)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:24:29 am by MWBailey » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: