The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 18, 2017, 08:21:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress city a small steam noir-ish game planning and ooc thread.  (Read 9161 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »

You can join up now if you want. You haven't missed much at all.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2013, 11:45:02 pm »

Sorry for the wait, been doctorin' my shins, performing at a period event (smoky campfires *cough* included) and doing insurance crud. Mesqite smoke's great for barbecue, but it's hell on a fluteplayer's lungs...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2013, 05:01:57 am »

recuperating from the prescription incident and dad's bug. I'll try to have something up soon.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2013, 09:42:38 pm »

I'm half-soused on alcohol-based cough syrup and skull-crushin' cold medicine, so my postings may be a little odd from time to time.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:48 am »

Sorry about the long delay in my posting; Taxes, Financial crud, and Doctor's appointments and horrific allergic reactions to meds are holding me back, and I'm kind of at a loss; not sure how Julian should come across as father/father-in-law.

Also...
The period between the reunions and the discovery of the rocket in the lawn can be as long or as short as needed; I wrote it the way that I did so that Dee and Lucretia could make an entrance,  and then have a nice party for the bunch, the rocket to be discovered by a mansion guard at the end of the evening or thereabouts. I considered having the butler come in with tail between legs, carrying an aetherset and being previously coerced to turn it on as the party wound down so that the Captain of the Cockatriz could address them, Hellsing-style (a la the Major via the video pad), but I kept looking at it and just couldn't square it with the tech, as the thunderhead would have made receiving the tail end of Fetch's transmission difficult enough in RL, thus a clear transmission from Cockatriz to the mansion from within the thunderhead would have been extremely implausible.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:01:19 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2014, 06:59:02 pm »

Sorry for being gone I was pretty ill and fighting off a sinus infection for the past few days.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2014, 09:31:41 pm »

Welcome back!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2014, 05:19:20 am »

I was trying to imagine, given Fetch's previous interdimensional antics and the way that they tended to seem to work out from a real-time, third-dimensional POV, just how he would go about rescuing Una using that ability.

He doesn't actually fly, he just phases back and forth from other adjacent dimensions back into the "real" one in order to keep up with his target objective's progress. It looks like flight, but is actually more a matter of standing in one place across adjacent dimensions very fast.

Or, something like that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:44:10 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2014, 06:57:09 am »

I don't think Una would like Roller-coasters very much.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »

Ok im back, sorry three jobs is hell to keep up with sometimes

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2014, 01:54:33 pm »

I will be out for today and tomorrow, as I will be performing at Independence, Texas with the North Harris County Dulcimer Society.

I will also be out of town at the Palestine Oldtime Music and Dulcimer Festival from the 27 through the 30th next week.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »

I am back from Palestine, but brought a souvenir case of the flu home with me. Anybody want some? No? Ah, well. The worst of the fever appears to be over, though my temperature just went back up again (blearrgghh). I also haven't been able/been allowed o sit up for more than a few minutes at a time, so this might be all you hear from me for a few days. Sorry about that
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2014, 05:56:59 pm »

Out of the hospital and doing much better (went in for a urinary tract infection and a chest cold that was turning into pneumonia). Much better now, and getting stronger. I'm not averse to continuing this RP if anyone else is still interested. I understand, if not.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2014, 07:07:15 am »

We could continue it may take me a bit to get back in the swing of una.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2014, 07:56:56 pm »

Sounds great to me.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2014, 01:34:02 am »

I am sorry for not responding sooner but I started a new job that whipes me out a lot but I would love playing again.  I miss writeing so much.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2014, 07:42:43 pm »

Mom's in hospital for a platelet problem (affects ability to clot blood, so it's pretty serious), touch and go until they decide she's OK to come home, then have to tajke care of he rat home, so I might be slow in posting.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2014, 02:29:58 am »

I heard this tune on the radio today, then this video came up on my "What to watch" page for Youtube.

http://youtu.be/Yl6DA1YDGcc?list=RDYl6DA1YDGcc

Since a battle had just been fought in the Skies of Teh West, I thought, "Why not?" Might even be a good tie-in for the American end of the main story...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2014, 07:34:18 am »

Busy as all heck getting ready for Dulcimer campout this weekend. I have to tent camp, so had to haul out and check my dome tent and get an air mattress in lieu of a cot (Doc's orders forbade me to sleep on the hard ground with just a foam pad). Elected/dragooned to be the fireman, so have to amass firewood for both fireplace and cookfires (including tinder and kindling, no, can't gather it at the park; state law), etc., etc. ad nauseum. Have to haul both the fire supplies and my own stuff and instruments *pant, pant*...

Also have to book November and Holiday performances (meaning call venues from last year to see if they want us this year so we can secure participants ahead of time (some venues are overdue to contact us), and arrange things around a festival whose staff decided to move the date to the same as an already scheduled performance; will probably lose most of the participants, Including me, so may have to cancel performance, yadda yadda...

So, please pardon my slowness in posting. I'll add something as soon as I can.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2014, 05:37:41 pm »

A bit of action to keep things interesting, and a way for Knave to make himself useful - hopefully. I'll rewrite or omit if necessary, of course
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: