The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 03:50:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress city a small steam noir-ish game planning and ooc thread.  (Read 9164 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2013, 02:29:19 am »

Was that the end?

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2013, 03:07:35 am »

for the most part all that is left to get Una to the golden gunship, explain things to the cheif and deal with the addiction.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2013, 09:31:46 pm »

I just figured that the New York end of things would not be sleeping idly; there might even be uppity dealers or distributors who are determined to give themselves a huge leg up in the absence of their former ruler. Putney is trying to keep those from taking over, and to prevent a war that night bring the US military down on both sides. It's up to Darren and Lucretia though, of course -- but Putney is on the up and up; he's too much of a legal dealmaker to go back on his word.

Not sure if I ought to make a character sheet for him...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2013, 01:07:59 am »

That is a good idea,  Do either of you want to run the next game? I don't want to hog it.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2013, 03:51:50 am »

Next chapter No but kinda been thinking bout starting a weird west themed game before long

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2013, 05:21:46 am »

I can run the next one, though it might run a bit slow while I take care of insurance, parents, etc. I have a basic scenario that can be massaged to fit the current situational stuff, basically a mystery/intrigue/Weird-noir thing, involving the Malone-Lecroix merger, the murder of a key negotiator, and the solution of the mystery coupled with the final merger outcome, with the characterized teams already established (Wellenhott & Bullock, Dee & Lucretia, Mikhail & Mallory, and Trapper & Agnes, or maybe Marshall & Agnes perhaps) maybe a few surprises(?) along the way, knock on wood.

Or, I could split it between myself and one or both of you all, whichever works/is liked best. Any takers?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2013, 05:51:09 am »

That sounds good also we could bring in more weird west with the aunt dealing with things in Mexico.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2013, 03:53:48 pm »

Be kinda cool to run it like Risk. Like if Stella were to determine a set number of usable resources for each faction by factoring in the recent lecroix recruiting drive,  casualties from the invasion, cost of repairs, that kind of stuff. I'd imagine the justices to be running low on manpower. 
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2013, 04:04:21 pm »

I could do that it with some help.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2013, 11:16:14 pm »

That would be the way I'd have it in any case; it (the shortfall of funds and resources) is the premise for the pairs investigating the situation, and Wellenhott's and Bullock's involvement (as a neutral, sort of "control group" investigative team, in addition to Mikhail and Mallory and Dee and Lucretia). I'm not really sure if Trapper or the greater Justice Department should be a major player in this at all; more like the LAPD in the movie version of Bladerunner, just sort of on the sidelines and only obliquely involved until the plot requires their presence.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:20:50 pm by MWBailey » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2013, 05:35:58 am »

The new post is just a setup for an "incident" that I've planned to occur with Putney's diplomatic sortie, and the 'mystery' that I mentioned, and has nothing really to do with your Mexican angle, Stella, unless you wish for it to do so.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:03:22 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2013, 06:41:50 am »

That will be interesting. Any one want to name the new game.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2013, 07:39:51 am »

Ideas:
Case 2: Destiny's Gambit

Case 2: Goldstrike!

Case 2: The Golden Crows

Any other ideas?
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2013, 03:43:28 pm »

Case 3 Oh shit not this again?
case 3 now we're really fucked
Case 3 rise of the midget Mexican minions
Any of these working for ya?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2013, 05:52:47 pm »

No, actually, they're not. If you're that disgruntled with the current plot developments/next chapter ideas, perhaps you'd like to offer an alternative?
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2013, 10:45:00 pm »

Was being a smart ass twas a joke my friend. Sigh... This is why I shouldn't drink and type lol I have no problems with your plot or storyline at all
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 01:09:50 am by steamcowboy92 » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2013, 02:31:31 am »

Yup drunken internets is not a good idea hell sleep deprived internets are not a good idea either. Una's wedding is going to be one hell of a party I think.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2013, 02:40:40 am »

Oh yah At least three people will have to die or it's gonna be dull lol maybe have someone with a shotgun and a bbq grill in the parking lot waiting for them to release the doves.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2013, 06:14:26 am »

Yup drunken internets is not a good idea hell sleep deprived internets are not a good idea either. Una's wedding is going to be one hell of a party I think.

Sleep? what's that?

Fetch's going to invite the Blue Dragon Tong. That means the other Tongs will need to be allowed to send representatives as well, just to prevent a hit-fest. hopefully if a donnybrook develops it won't boil over into anything untoward... (hee hee hee...)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2013, 02:58:43 am »

Mom's having complications again, so we've been up til all hours helping her with her stuff; almost went to the emergency room. I'm a little wonky today as a result.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2013, 09:23:56 pm »

I'll be oyut 'til midday Sunday, at the annual North Harris County Dulcimer Society's Fall Campout. I'll be out next weekend as well, for Millfest.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2013, 07:17:54 am »

One thing after another here at the Bailey house.

Dad's in the hospital overnight (or for 24 hours, starting when they find him a room) for observation after being taken to the emergency room. Seems at his age he can no longer handle much outside work in the yard (nor can he listen, apparently, when I or Mom tell him to knock off and rest). I had to chase him away from the fertilizer spreader and finish spreading the bag's contents for him before he acquiesced to our pleas to stop. Then we practically had to frogmarch him into the house, where he soon collapsed, and had us call the paramedics for him. That's where I've been all fricking day.

yes, I posted something in Off Topic earlier; that was on my pad, after having emailed several RL folks, thereby adjusting my schedules etc. And then the battery went below a safe operating level. *sigh*

I'll post something on the morrow (well, today, now, since I see it's about 1 AM), but not sure how much or how soon; it depends on what I have to do to take care of Mom and whether I need to go to the hospital to pick Dad up or not. Right now, I need to take my meds, plus tylenol for my injuries (a whole other long story, for another day).

A laugh a minute around here, it is, but I ain't givin' up!
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »

i am sorry for not posting. i am hosting a lot of panals at teslacon this year so i have been running around a bunch but i will post soon
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:15 pm »

Well, don't let your panels slide, nyuk nyuk Wink.

I'm staying home from my festival this weekend, to take care of an injury from last weekend that has begun looking like it could go bad (get infected). I'd rather be playing banjo in the Big Thicket, but I 'd prefer to have both legs more. Don't get yourself hurt trying to do too much (like me), is what I'm really saying.

But, I'm looking forward to your post... Wink
WeirdoLod
Deck Hand

« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2013, 03:19:35 pm »

I just noticed that chapter 3 had started and I forgot to check this place so I could join in. Doh!! XD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: