The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 08:36:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce  (Read 322 times)
Hobbes
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: March 13, 2013, 05:54:17 am »

I notice the only way that people get a welcome here when posting an introduction is if they start their own topic. Introductions in the "Introduce Yourself" thread are mostly ignored.

Perhaps the thread can be locked and an introduction forum can be made?

It doesn't feel very welcoming being ignored when you try to follow the expected convention.
Dr Fidelius
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Professor of Applied Paleontology, Miskatonic U.

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:07:09 pm »

We have an "Introduce Yourself" area? For official Welcomes? Truly this is a wondrous world, wherein a man can indeed learn a new thing every day.

[curmudgeon] I admit to being an unsociable old cuss and a tough audience. My personal reaction to a "Hello. I'm Here!" post is to ignore it. I judge and interact with other persons based upon what they contribute to the community (in discussions, new ideas, conversation, or humour) and I am unlikely to roll out the red carpet for every bumpkin who wanders into the room.

Steampunk is, if nothing else, an association of makers and doers.  A newcomer who posts a thread asking for advice on how to change their goggle strap from elastic to leather will be welcomed with much more enthusiasm than another “I love Steampunk! Tell me about it all! And otherwise content-free initial post.
[/curmudgeon]

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: