The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 24, 2017, 05:06:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Western, Cowboys in the UK.  (Read 16954 times)
Photofishboy
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:31 am »

Does anyone have any pictures of the gathering/posing/shootout? I remember lots being taken, but unfortunately didn't have my own camera with me as the gunbelts severely limit pocket access...
Eric T Paradigm
Officer

« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2013, 11:56:39 am »

Does anyone have any pictures of the gathering/posing/shootout? I remember lots being taken, but unfortunately didn't have my own camera with me as the gunbelts severely limit pocket access...

The memsahib took a number and I have put them on Face Book on the Welcome to the Asylum photos. Try this link https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10152168458223496&type=1
Let me know if you cannot get to that page.

Eric T. Paradigm
Chief Engineer & Proprietor
Paradigm Engineering Co. Ltd
Hampshire

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2013, 03:28:01 pm »

A nice selection of pictures Eric. I hope you didn't mind me tagging myself but I thought you may not have known 'the man behind the mask'. Smiley

Excellent shoot out. I wasn't going to take part but got caught up in it all. And a managed to fall over and put my knee out. Oh well....

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2013, 04:32:15 pm »

'the man behind the mask'

'El Guano'..The Grass Bandit!  Grin

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »

'the man behind the mask'

'El Guano'..The Grass Bandit!  Grin

Shut up, Dirigible. Smiley
IGetPwnedOften
Snr. Officer

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer

« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2013, 05:44:26 pm »

I saw you chaps in the castle grounds - it was a fine sight indeed.

"Geoffrey, take their coats. No, not up the tree..."
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2013, 05:51:54 pm »

Once my feet have stopped hurting, I will get around to sorting through the pictures and putting them on facebook.
I shall also put a few up here.

So......
         This year was in effect, a dry run. Are we going to do the whole thing again, properly, and officially, next year?
Photofishboy
Gunner

« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2013, 06:19:46 pm »

I think given the last minute arrangement it turned out pretty well! An official slot might help draw (no pun intended!) more of the multitude of western type who were wandering around but apparently unaware of the gathering.

Kudos to Mr Addams for the music box, it added a definite air of drama to the shootout. I particularly loved the moment of uncertainty after the music stopped, but no-one was quite sure...
Amelia Harper
Deck Hand
Wales Wales

« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2013, 06:23:15 pm »

Just to add a couple of names to faces, I'm the one in the beige, and Mark Britton (The Undertaker) is the short one with the white beard.

Steampunk adventure featuring Manchester's Chinatown is now available on Smashwords!
The Ministry of Unladylike Warfare by Lesley Arrowsmith
Eric T Paradigm
Officer

« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2013, 10:39:28 pm »

So......
         This year was in effect, a dry run. Are we going to do the whole thing again, properly, and officially, next year?

Sounds as though it would be worth a try. It was certainly fun and the onlookers seemed to enjoy the entertainment.
Two things struck me (!) about our "dry run". The first is that we could have done with some amplification on the music box so that we knew when the music had stopped.  Secondly, wearing a heavy coat meant that I could not feel any of the darts hit and so did not know if I had been hit unless I was looking at the person shooting me. Instead of a circle with everyone shooting everyone else, perhaps two parallel lines of posse v outlaws might be easier to manage.
Eric T Paradigm
Officer

« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2013, 10:40:51 pm »

Just to add a couple of names to faces, I'm the one in the beige, and Mark Britton (The Undertaker) is the short one with the white beard.

If you are on FB, please tag the photos.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2013, 08:50:37 pm »

Two things struck me (!) about our "dry run". The first is that we could have done with some amplification on the music box so that we knew when the music had stopped.  Secondly, wearing a heavy coat meant that I could not feel any of the darts hit and so did not know if I had been hit unless I was looking at the person shooting me. Instead of a circle with everyone shooting everyone else, perhaps two parallel lines of posse v outlaws might be easier to manage.

I agree with you on both points. The music box was knocked together in a few minutes, and sounded a lot louder indoors. I am planning to make a more efficient Steampunk version for next year if we go ahead.
As for the circle, I was thinking perhaps, something along the lines of a feud between the Hapgears and the McCogs.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2013, 08:52:31 pm »

A couple of pictures from the archive.

Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2013, 11:50:41 am »

In order to better Facilitate the organization of the Shootout at next years Asylum, and at other events, there is now a Steamwestern and Weird West Facebook Group.
immortalis
Snr. Officer

Steamcowboy

« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2013, 06:45:55 pm »

Thank you Mr Addams.  My wife has requested to join for me, as I don't do the book of face.  Don't want to miss anything now do I  Grin
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2013, 07:48:41 am »

Whilst Facebook seems to be taking over the world, I hope that Brass Goggles will continue to be a regular place for Discussion.
immortalis
Snr. Officer

Steamcowboy

« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2013, 09:33:29 am »

Lets hope so  Grin  It does seem like everything goes on Book of Face.  Forums like this I think are the life blood of communities, everyone has easy access.

(rant over)

would love to get something sorted for next year, as we discussed at Camber.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2013, 10:54:16 am »

I agree, facebook is about instant gratification, The forums are better for establishing a community.
I regard Facebook as a necessary evil these days.

With regards to Camber sands, there is some talk of organizing an official shootout next year.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2013, 12:37:13 pm »

I agree, facebook is about instant gratification, The forums are better for establishing a community.
I regard Facebook as a necessary evil these days.

With regards to Camber sands, there is some talk of organizing an official shootout next year.

And the possibility that a lone Mexican will be taking on the zombie hordes. Smiley
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2013, 02:05:43 pm »

Just occurred to me who the archetypical British Steamwestern character would be...

Desperate Dan, anyone?

Wink

Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2013, 02:09:30 pm »

Just occurred to me who the archetypical British Steamwestern character would be...

Desperate Dan, anyone?

Wink

But who has the jaw-line to match his? Smiley
Fat Spider
Snr. Officer

I'm always Casting something

« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:43 pm »

I seem to be rather late adding to this thread, my excuse is I am recovering from been shot in the neck by (I believe) Mr Addams. I look forward to next year and hope to return the favour Grin

I should also apologise for not introducing my self to some of you chaps (too much excitement) although I did have a chat and introduce myself to Eric.

If you want to put name to face I am the chap dwarfed by the gentleman to my right (is that Capt. Dirigible?)

Don't Worry, Be Happy.
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #222 on: September 26, 2013, 11:14:26 am »

If you want to put name to face I am the chap dwarfed by the gentleman to my right (is that Capt. Dirigible?)

If you are referring to the group shot at FLB's Wesrternwear's stand, yes..I'm the guy in the centre all in black..are you the chap in the white jacket?

Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2013, 11:52:22 am »

would love to get something sorted for next year, as we discussed at Camber.

I have been contacted by Warden Arkwright regarding creating a timetabled event for next years Asylum.
I shall be sorting this out over the following week.
It is early days yet, and I shall post updated news as it becomes available, but at this stage, it looks like the 2012 asylum shootout is definitely happening.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2013, 01:21:23 pm »

.....it looks like the 2012 asylum shootout is definitely happening.

Anyone able to lend me a time machine?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: