The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 04:47:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Iron Heavenly Part Two: A Man In White  (Read 2906 times)
Andrew Styles
Gunner
United States United States

(Aspiring) Airship Captain for Her Majesty's Army

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 02:24:37 am »

Meanwhile, Norval Elmstone ran down the hall, his long white coat tattered with holes and blood from there the spear had grazed his calf. THings were not going as expected, and his employer would not be happy that Cyrus was not killed quietly. He recalled his specific orders as to what he was supposed to do if he was caught. He felt the small metal box in his coat as he ran through the white, gleaming, pipe-laden corridors. No, e wouldn't use them just yet. There was still hope that he could salvage this mission. All he needed was acees to the water main, and he could but himself some time. All he had to do was find the bloody thing.

"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 08:22:13 am »

Was it kindness realy? Tessa had been trained to keep her superiors safe and been told that was a very important thing.  This would be much easier if he would just cooperate. "I am going to come with you sir. If you would cover your ears I can signal the others." She put to fingers to her lips and whistled in a strange warbling fashion that stuck in your ears without being horribly shrill.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 04:47:22 pm »

Cyrus had heard something similar to Tessa's whistle before. It had the same timbre and tonal range as the standard Callistan generic "come hither" call of the Santiago Mountaineers. He cursed, hearing the sounds of the white-coated stranger's feet slapping away down an adjoining corridor. He had a bad feeling about breaking off the pursuit, but figured it might be better to see what the Captain wanted -- assuming that was what the whistle actually meant. Cyrus had once loved the daughter of the local rebel paramilitary mountaineer leader, to whom he made several deliveries to support their resistance campaigns against their Portuguese merchant oppressors.

He had picked up their strange whistling lingo, used for communicating across the dizzyingly-deep canyons and rocky mountainsides of their home. Thus, He responded to Tessa's signal with a rising-pitched, painfully shrill shriek whistle though his teeth, and backed away down the corridor. The whistle was the mountaineers' standard affirmative in reply to a summons, though in truth it's lack of intermittent warbles would have expressed Cyrus' irritation at the interruption to anyone with knowledge of the system.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 07:55:55 pm »

It sounded like an angered gru mother answered her call. "That was the crew Sir. They are coming this way when they get here I will go get lux.  I cant protect you as well without my spear."
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 03:08:50 am »

Keeping his weapon trained on the area where the shots had come from, Badger quickly made his way to the cockpit

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 12:19:03 am »

"Can you guard the captain? I am unarmed."  The captain was crazy if he thought she was going to let him get shot full of holes.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 04:17:04 am »

Pulling the pistol from his belt, he handed the girl his shotgun and checked the load in the pistol. "There now your armed and he's twice as safe"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 04:41:48 am »

Cyrus padded up the passageway from the stern, and finally reached the one adjacent to the captain's location. He warbled a whistle down the hall to let the others know he was there. Finally gaining the compartment where the others waited, he informed them, "He's still back there, looked like he was eyein' the steam conduits."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: