The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 10:47:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripper Street on BBC1 (Victorian Detective Drama)  (Read 15698 times)
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2014, 07:38:33 pm »

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/05/first-images-ripper-street-season-3/

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Jules82
Swab

« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2014, 09:54:32 am »

I loved this programme so am really pleased it's coming back. I hope they bring back Peaky Blinders too, not the same era etc but it did kind of have a bit of a steampunky feel. I liked the music too, anything that uses Nick Cave as it's soundtrack is fine with me.
Michael Farley
Zeppelin Captain

mgfarley
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2014, 10:37:04 am »

I loved this programme so am really pleased it's coming back. I hope they bring back Peaky Blinders too, not the same era etc but it did kind of have a bit of a steampunky feel. I liked the music too, anything that uses Nick Cave as it's soundtrack is fine with me.

Don't worry, Peaky Blinders is safe. The Beeb announced a second series straight after the first one ended. Incidentally it's made by the same production company (Tiger Aspect) as Ripper Street which may explain the similarities.

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2015, 01:02:07 pm »

According to the Radio Times, Ripper Street will be back on the BBC "this summer" (funnliy enough, I though were were already in summer...) Of course, this is the series which has already aired on Amazon Prime. The article also states two more series have been comissioned with filming about to start.

Yours,
Miranda.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2015, 01:35:45 pm »

According to the Radio Times, Ripper Street will be back on the BBC "this summer" (funnliy enough, I though were were already in summer...) Of course, this is the series which has already aired on Amazon Prime. The article also states two more series have been comissioned with filming about to start.

Yours,
Miranda.

Although the BBC are showing the episodes in edited form and each episode will be between 7 and 10 minutes shorter than those shown on Amazon Prime.

However, Season 3 is already available on uncut DVD or Blu-ray if you want the untampered versions.
markf
Goggleologist
United States United States

« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2015, 03:42:17 pm »

Here in the USA, Ripper season 3 recently ended, each epi was 1h 15m with commercials.  Not sure that means they were uncut or not, but the show is great so I'm happy. markf

US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2015, 10:31:23 pm »

For those that have not seen the adverts, the new series starts at 9pm (BST) on Friday 31st July on BBC1.

Yours,
Miranda.
Michael Farley
Zeppelin Captain

mgfarley
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2015, 05:08:13 pm »

Here in the USA, Ripper season 3 recently ended, each epi was 1h 15m with commercials.  Not sure that means they were uncut or not, but the show is great so I'm happy. markf

I assume the episodes aired in the US were the 1-hour edited-for-tv version, based on each episode having about 15 minutes of adverts.

The episodes streamed on Amazon Prime and available on blu-ray are 1hr 3min to 1hr 15mins long, without adverts. This would make it impossible to air them unedited as you'd need a different length timeslot each week.
Michael Farley
Zeppelin Captain

mgfarley
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2015, 05:10:31 pm »

Also I forgot to mention that there's a competition to win a walk-on part in series 4

GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »

For those that have not seen the adverts, the new series starts at 9pm (BST) on Friday 31st July on BBC1.

Yours,
Miranda.

Would that be Series 4...?
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2015, 07:12:22 pm »

Also I forgot to mention that there's a competition to win a walk-on part in series 4

"Residents of Great Britain only"

Well, .
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2015, 07:14:53 pm »

Yours,
Miranda.

They haven't filmed it yet...  Smiley
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2015, 07:26:15 pm »

Yours,
Miranda.

That's what I thought. I'm guessing she meant that Series 3 will begin airing on that date...?

By the way, if there's anyone who hasn't seen Series 3 yet...You're going to enjoy this season.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2015, 01:38:23 am »

By the way, if there's anyone who hasn't seen Series 3 yet...You're going to enjoy this season.

I've been waiting for this to arrive on BBC, and I think you may be correct.  Smiley

At least the production value seems to have remained high as previous, although the CGI of the dark police station and street looked a little off, and the dead horse after the train crash, could not have looked faker - despite the fact in one scene people are seen walking / tripping over the legs, which flopped around like rubber tubes stuffed with crumpled newspaper.  Well it WAS a rubber horse stuffed with newspaper afterall...   Wink

So yeah, just as good as the previous BBC version of the series... Cheesy

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2015, 10:58:55 am »

Yours,
Miranda.

That's what I thought. I'm guessing she meant that Series 3 will begin airing on that date...?

Yes. sorry -this was specifically for the BBC showing of series 3. About time too; it's felt like a very long time since they broadcast series 2.

Yours,
Miranda.
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2015, 06:54:33 pm »

Spent a whole day watching the latest series online, well worth it, simply great.

My only niggle, in one episode there was a brick layer on a scaffold, the bricks were modern commons, not period at all.

Once I noticed that I realised I am an anal nit-picker who should really get a life somewhere outside the building trade. Grin

Cant wait for the next series..........

Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2015, 10:58:59 pm »

My only niggle, in one episode there was a brick layer on a scaffold, the bricks were modern commons, not period at all.

Once I noticed that I realised I am an anal nit-picker who should really get a life somewhere outside the building trade. Grin

Welcome to my world my friend, once you're in there it's almost impossible to stop....

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2015, 12:15:26 pm »

Not sure what to make of Season 3, but by god I hope that the young constable survives through this season!
Overall there is something "off" in the acting of this season, did they get a new choreographer?

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2016, 12:19:25 pm »

I noticed an advert for Series 4 on the Beeb at the weekend - "Coming Soon". So long as 'soon' is not in the next two weeks so we can be back off holiday  Cheesy

Yours,
Miranda.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2016, 01:03:09 pm »

I noticed an advert for Series 4 on the Beeb at the weekend - "Coming Soon". So long as 'soon' is not in the next two weeks so we can be back off holiday  Cheesy

Yours,
Miranda.

Yes. Season 4 coming to BBC2 and confirmation that Season 5 will be the last.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2016, 04:18:01 pm »

If anyone (In the UK,) is trying to catch up with Ripper Street, Series one has just started a run on Alibi.
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2016, 09:11:43 pm »

Yours,
Miranda.

Yes. Season 4 coming to BBC2 and confirmation that Season 5 will be the last.

YAY! YAY! YAY!

Bouncy Steamfish!  Grin
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2016, 07:15:53 am »

Yours,
Miranda.

August 22 @ 9pm
http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2016/08/bbc-two-sets-premiere-date-ripper-street-season-4/
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2016, 11:14:26 am »

Ripper Street: The storey so far.

CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England