The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 10:10:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All we want for Christmas....  (Read 4882 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2015, 04:45:12 am »

A Da Vinci clock model kit, or better yet a black forest foliot escapement clock kit.

A new set of frets for my resurrected banjo, or a brass plate to make the first seven positions fretless.

What I've gotten:
-new suspenders
-folding wagon (camo, of course) for luggage, musical instruments, etc.
-Clubman Citron after shave (fits well with 1870s through circa 1930s period costume and performances)
-Mennen preshave lotion (I have several facial scars and other imperfections that my safety and straight razors keep slicing the tops off of, two of which are about half the reason for my pencil-thin handlebar moustache).
-money for things that no one but myself know where to acquire (such as kidskin for concertina maintenance and repair, for example).
-much-needed new button-down shirts
-a brown-brocade-on-black-satin lapel vest that I FINALLY found after nearly ten years of searching for same. (I've found EVERY SINGLE COLOR except brown in all that time).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 06:54:54 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2015, 02:42:43 am »

I'd like the financial security to only accept the job offers which really interest me and also another 2 hours in the day, at least until the dreaded thesis is written. Bonus if I can have a brain hoover suck out all my anxiety.

In reality I'm really very pleased with this year's haul - some beautiful doc martens from the boyfriend, GPS unit for fieldwork from my dad, assorted pretty things from my mother- favourite being an Alice in Wonderland mug, and some thoughtfully selected gifts from friends - including a book about Irish influence on Victorian London and gorjuss stationery. Also baked goods - can't go wrong with a yummy Christmas.

cemeteryresearcher.com

'a lighthearted academic blog about funerary practice' - Updates Sundays*

*gremlins permitting
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2016, 02:09:48 pm »

If anybody was asking for snow on Christmas, the north east has PLENTY, just a month late.

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2016, 10:49:05 pm »

If anybody was asking for snow on Christmas, the north east has PLENTY, just a month late.

It has just started arriving on this side of the Atlantic as yet more rain; we are already pretty waterlogged here (northwest England) and once more there are potential floods for some areas - the third or fourth time some properties will have been flooded this winter. We've been lucky and just couldn't get out of the village on Boxing Day as all the roads out were flooded - half a mile away some intrepid folk were canoeing down one of the roads and across the fields.
Anyone dealing with inclement weather has my deepest sympathy.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: