The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2017, 07:38:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheffield Steampunk Society Meets  (Read 32024 times)
Mr Peter Harrow, Esq
Zeppelin Overlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Fellow of the Victorian Steampunk Society

« Reply #725 on: November 23, 2016, 12:13:07 pm »

Anyone around tonight?

I will be bringing what I have been working on over the last week.

Proudly giving the entire Asylum The Finger!
RobSykes
Swab

« Reply #726 on: January 10, 2017, 08:20:53 pm »

Hi I am relatively new to the steampunk scene and am curious as to if the Sheffield society still exists and meets?
Mr Peter Harrow, Esq
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #727 on: January 10, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »

Yes we do and next meeting will be a week tomorrow at the Old Queens Head. We meet first and third Wednesdays in the month.

I am unlikely to attend as I am likely to be recovering from eye surgery
RobSykes
Swab

« Reply #728 on: January 10, 2017, 09:04:37 pm »

Hi Peter, thank you for replying. That is glad to know as myself and my partner would like to get involved with the Sheffield society. I will be sure to make a note of the dates for future meets and hopefully see you there.

Good luck with the eye surgery.
Mr Peter Harrow, Esq
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #729 on: January 11, 2017, 12:09:54 am »

Your welcome, the people most likely to be in attendance are Dave Redford and Erica Madelin, we have usually between 2- 10 people attending , mostly couples and mostly makers. We usually sit in the main dining area from about 6:00 pm onwards and please note Wednesday is fish supper night at the Queens Head so it is worth bringing an appetite.

The eye surgery usually leads to 3 days of blinding headaches and the next meeting is slap bang in the middle of that period. A pity really as I hope to have an update on the steampunk E11 Blaster for Steam WarsI am building but I won't be able to make any progress on it that week at all.
Major Wolfram Quicksilver
Zeppelin Overlord

If you can't make a mistake you can't make a thing

« Reply #730 on: March 14, 2017, 10:54:16 pm »

I've organised an event on facebook for a visit to the Kelham Island Museum for Sunday 14th of October. It's a long way away I know, but I thought it I'd put it out there anyway. I've also suggested a night out in Sheffield the night before, with a meal to start, then a few drinks, and ending up in Corporation. I put it on the Sheffield Steampunk Society page, and thought it was best to put it here as well.

I'd love to come over and have a chat on one of your nights, so might see you soon.

'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: