The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 04:58:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greaveburn  (Read 337 times)
CraigHallam
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

@craighallam84
« on: September 18, 2012, 09:40:54 am »

Hi everyone,

I'm entirely new to the Brass Goggles forum and, as such, I'm spending most of my time reading other people's posts in an attempt to catch up rather than posting new things myself. However, there's one area where I can come up with something that might interest you, and that's with regards Steampunk Fiction.
Thanks to the people at the Asylum convention my debut novel, Greaveburn, has a had a fantastic start. We had a signing table at the convention and lots of lovely people came over to talk to us, get a copy, and generally chat about how impressive their outfits and gadgets were (I had a serious case of gadget-envy). But the weekend was over far to soon, and so I'm here hoping to get my Steampunk fix until we can attend next year.

Anyways, I'm here the share Greaveburn with you lovely lot as well. And so here's the blurb/links so you can have a look if it takes your fancy. Thanks for your time  Grin

A hero murdered.
A girl alone.
A city of villains.

From the crumbling Belfry to the Citadel's stained glass eye, across acres of cobbled streets and alleyways that never see daylight, Greaveburn is a city with darkness at its core. Gothic spires battle for height, overlapping each other until the skyline is a jagged mass of thorns.
Archduke Choler sits on the throne, his black sealed letters foretell death for the person named inside. Abrasia, the rightful heir, lives as a recluse in order to stay alive. With her father murdered and her only ally lost, Abrasia is alone in a city where the crooked Palace Guard, a scientist's assistant who is more beast than man and a duo of body snatchers are all on her list of enemies.
Under the cobbled streets lurk the Broken Folk, deformed rebels led by the hideously deformed Darrant, a man who once swore to protect the city. In a darkened laboratory, the devious Professor Loosestrife builds a contraption known only as "The Womb". With Greaveburn being torn apart around her, can Abrasia avenge her father's murder before the Archduke's letter spells her doom?

Review from Steampunk Chronicle: http://steampunkchronicle.com/ArticleView/tabid/238/ArticleId/302/City-on-the-Edge-of-Never.aspx

Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Greaveburn-Craig-Hallam/dp/1908600128/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345485839&sr=1-1

Thanks for your time everyone, let me know what you think and hit me with any questions you might have  Smiley

*EDIT* I also forgot to mention that there's a chance to win a signed copy on my blog (http://wp.me/P1D1gT-fL). Everyone loves freebies, right? Grin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:29:41 am by CraigHallam » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: