The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 07:07:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Charles Yersin, British Royal Apothecary  (Read 2909 times)
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

Persistent pilfering privateer

« on: July 27, 2012, 08:55:59 pm »

As said elsewhere, I have started a second Steampunk costume, given that I consider Torvald Faust virtually finished and I recently purchased a very fine rifle of a (fellow) Dutch artist, Ed Vieveen. His rifle, now mine, fits with a few costumes I have, but given the fine-ness of said rifle, I figured it deserved a costume in and off itself, hence, Eustace Hargrave, British Royal Huntsman.

The rifle at the bottom of all this, looks as follows:

Ed makes really crazy things from scratch, but also on base of replicas and such, as you can see. And as cool as it is, I still feel there's room for improvement.

One, where the hammer used to be:

He replaced it, as one can see, but the new hammer is rather...limp. I will be replacing it once more Wink

Two, at various places he used Philips screws, such as here:

Those will be replaced as well.

Lastly, I feel the instruments and other aiming devices could use a little tweaking:

That being said, it is still a very, very fine base to work from and as soon as I am able, I will show the actual clothes I have got in mind for this costume. Sorry for going a little Tactile on you all, but I feel it is all part of a costume Smiley
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:32:30 am by Torvald_Faust » Logged

Lady Chrystal
Master Tinkerer
Wales Wales

Lady Adventurer, Chronicler

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 09:02:35 pm »

That is a beautiful weapon.

Looking forward to seeing the finished outfit.

"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »

I quite agree, else I would not have bought it Wink

A big stride forward should come soon-ish. I have a lot more costume pieces since I started Torvald Faust, and I am thinking of using a lot of things I have already.
inigo jameson-gatling
Officer
Iceland Iceland

lofthussar

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:55:18 pm »

It is a long day since I have seen such a functional looking weapon, truly a work of art. Some of the armaments here look a bit too Flash Gordon/future retro for my taste

You cannot complain about the sky if you suffer airshipwreck for the second time.
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 01:03:16 pm »

I quite agree Smiley I just hope that what I will do to it, is an actual improvement Wink
Trillian Brass
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 06:28:15 pm »

My dear Mr Faust,

A splendid looking armament indeed and I look forward to seeing your 'enhanced' version in due course.  And the outfit to accompany it?  I am intrigued sir.

Best of luck.

Fair skies!

Trillian
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 06:30:05 pm »

My dear Mr Faust,

A splendid looking armament indeed and I look forward to seeing your 'enhanced' version in due course.  And the outfit to accompany it?  I am intrigued sir.

Best of luck.

Fair skies!

Trillian

Hear, hear!!

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 09:03:52 pm »

Thanks, gentlemen Smiley Before I can showcase the 'prototype costume', I need to procure some help and that is hard nowadays...
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 11:35:38 am »

Time for a little revival; the doctor is in!

Meet Doctor Charles Yersin, British Royal Apothecary:

The Black Death returned to Europe in the 16th century. This time around, the British Empire resorted to more extreme measures to quell the plague. Their solution were the Royal Apothecaries.

Part doctor, part sniper, and according to some, wholy madmen, they were to cull the ammount of plague victims, all the while searching for their 'holy grail'; Patient Zero.

My plans are largely the same, but when I finished that plague doc mask, the pieces started to gell with each other a whole lot better Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: