The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 10:03:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Stars Await - OOC  (Read 18654 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 03:58:03 am »

I'm assuming the colonies on other planets are self-governing (though perhaps technically part of an earth-country's empire). Or at least that they are on Venus. I imagine Venus would have originally been something French or Italian given its slightly failed nature (Senegal Railway, Abyssinia, etc) but was essentially abandoned while those nations recovered back on earth and perhaps invested in an asteroid somewhere.

The way I originally thought, the Jupiter, Saturn and Mars colonies were at the time of the end of the Civil War self-governing, and retained that after the armistice, as independance was one ofteh reasons for the struggle. "Lincoln's Clemency Directive" made it clear that they were still US Territories, but allowed "Normal Combatants" amnesty to return home.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

Kapitän of the airborne assault carrier "Hermann"

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 04:21:16 am »

Can I join in the game?
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 04:48:03 am »

Can I join in the game?

Sure. Most of the potential crew positions have been taken, so any kind of character that you think will fit in with the current crew should be fine. (You'll find a character profile format and some related information in the first post of this thread.)

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 10:27:16 am »

I'm actually loving this RP already, and it hasn't even started Cheesy I think Roger might be a slightly better character than the other's I've cooked up once the game actually starts.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 05:37:16 pm »

I like the backstories so far. Cool

Should we consolidate the backstory threads into one, like the 'between stories' thread for the Marigold? I might have some stuff to add later, and I'd like to keep things organized. (Just my OCD talking here Cheesy)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 09:17:07 pm »

yup we can do that fairly simply I think.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 10:05:50 pm »

Fine by me...
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 03:26:27 am »

Once everyone considers their prequels 'done' I'll merge the topics into a single general 'Prequel Thread', which I'll then lock. Sound good?
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 03:28:06 am »

Hold up, who merged them?

EDIT: Ok, I've split them again (I at least want to keep mine separate and had to remove the other two in order for it to work)
Please remember that I'm technically the moderator for this board and as much as there's no issue with Stella doing mod-stuff here (or any other mods for that matter) things like merging, locking, stickying and splitting should probably be left to me lest something happen from someone else's actions and I get the angry PM's resulting from it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:39:21 am by The Corsair » Logged
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 04:28:43 am »

Once everyone considers their prequels 'done' I'll merge the topics into a single general 'Prequel Thread', which I'll then lock. Sound good?

Fine with me.

---

I'll get the game thread up tomorrow,
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:42:23 am by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »

Mariah's plan was to escape once on the shuttle, take control of it, and use it to fly to a colony or somewhere we can hide or steal a ship. (I'm mentioning this here because she would have discussed it with the crew earlier.)

---

The conflict between Germany and Britain that was mentioned is most likely nearing its end, it only lasted a short time and started over a border dispute between two colonies over thier respective claimed land. Neither Germany or Britain want to escalate things into a full-scale war, but thier roughly equal military strength, rivalry, and close planetary proximity has made clashes inevitable. (I think a conflict situation like this is roughly realistic... I'm planning to use something like this for privateering opportunities in the future.)

---

I'm thinking we should go for trying to keep on the legal side of things for future plots, rather than going all-out pirate. (Unless we're way out on the rim where we aren't likely to be caught... Wink)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:00:30 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 07:40:59 pm »

i reckon because of my background and since im new crew ill just start off as one of the other prisoners who happened to be eavesdropping on yalls plans.

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »

Just to let others know, I will try to avoid GMing too much, other than setting up plots and occasionally playing NPC's like the guard. I want to give others plenty of room to do thier own stuff, as has been done in previous RPs on this forum.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:26:41 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 11:19:54 pm »

I've got us headed to VC 3, so Corsair's character can meet up with us there if he chooses. (I might have to go back and edit some things though, I think Corsair said VC 6 was actually in the north part of Venus, and I said Cerberus Gates was in the south.)

Have to head home now, see you all tomorrow.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 06:00:12 am »

VC6 is in the south of the north continent, almost on the equator. VC3 (where I'll be) is a little bit north of that.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2012, 10:44:56 am »

Double post party!

To summarise what I've established so far about Venus. There's 8 colonies. Each colony is basically a bustling city (never named because of their abandonment by France, but that's all another thing...). The weather is crap but a decent ship can get through it no sweat (so the shuttle you guys are on could probably risk it in this weather and make it through). There's a series of vehicles you'll find only on Venus (I'll make a complete list later). The colonies are set up by the central government (based in VC1) and each city has it's own smaller government (similar to a state government in the US. They have some control over lawmaking etc).

Alexis has added the prison camp further south.

Do we want to set up a series of pages for this RP on the wiki? I'm guessing the locations will have a lot of interesting history and it might be nice to have a central 'hub' of all that information for reference so we don't have to sift through pages and pages of game to make sure we don't break the universe in a post.

EDIT: Congratulations, this OOC thread is now stickied. I figured it has a core of players consisting of the most frequent posters here and a few dedicated-looking newbies (ok, just one...) so I doubt this will stop in its tracks.

Also, I was bored so I designed Jemima

She may or may not be a recurring character, I'm not really sure
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:54:09 pm by The Corsair » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2012, 06:07:24 pm »

Aunt Jemima! Sweet, sweet syrup and scrumptious pancakes!

I wonder how they'd be with vegemite...
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2012, 07:17:43 pm »

Yes, I'm sure that would be tasty. Roll Eyes

And thanks for stickying my thread, Corsair!
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2012, 11:10:27 pm »

I think I'll be on what ever ship you steal, sleeping in the kitchen  Grin

Have you gotten a name for it yet so I can play about with my prologue while I'm away
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:14:51 pm by Cpt Wallace » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2012, 11:29:07 pm »

So does that make Roger...

A Jemima's Witness?
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 11:40:23 pm »

I think I'll be on what ever ship you steal, sleeping in the kitchen  Grin

Have you gotten a name for it yet so I can play about with my prologue while I'm away

Yes, I'll discuss with you via PM.

---

Any plans for what's in the box? (I've got a few myself, but I thought I'd ask.)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 12:11:07 am »

I was thinking some kind of weapon. maybe something like a BAR, or since they're German, maybe the really early German SMG (on the tip of my typing tongue, but i can't call it up), looks like a shortened rifle with a really long sidewise clip, or one of the big ones like they put on the Fokker biplanes.

Or, whatever you like...
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 12:42:12 am »

Is the game thread's title going to be that for the whole game? Or is this meant to be chapter 1 of another series of short RP's? (Personally I'd prefer a longer-running game)
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 01:04:51 am »

I was thinking some kind of weapon. maybe something like a BAR, or since they're German, maybe the really early German SMG (on the tip of my typing tongue, but i can't call it up), looks like a shortened rifle with a really long sidewise clip, or one of the big ones like they put on the Fokker biplanes.

Or, whatever you like...

u talkin bout the old drum fed mp18s? or the stermgewher?
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 01:08:07 am »

Is the game thread's title going to be that for the whole game? Or is this meant to be chapter 1 of another series of short RP's? (Personally I'd prefer a longer-running game)

No, it won't be the name for the whole game. My plan when I set this up was to run it as a series of short chapters, but this may change depending on how the game gets played.

I'd like to use a single game thread, and just rename the title post as we go.

So, I guess it will technically be a long RP, but with a series of small plots instead of a single long story arc. (We may end up building a long arc, or some long running background plots though.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: