The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 22, 2018, 02:23:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Stars Await - OOC  (Read 21967 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2012, 04:47:52 pm »

Gone to exercise and get all sweaty... back around 2 or 3, maybe.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2012, 11:11:09 pm »

Now, I'm off to eat an early supper, go flyin' down the freeway to an uncertain destination, and perform with the dulcimer society (banjo and irish flute player). Hopefully I shall return, and if so, around 9:30 or 10:00 this evening.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2012, 11:16:23 pm »

Have fun!

---

I figured the place Mariah and Nathaniel were at is somewhere different from where Bailey and Lou are heading. I'll probably have Mariah meet up with everyone in a bit...

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #203 on: August 09, 2012, 04:09:59 pm »

I really don't want to be a 'fussbudget,' and I'm probably just as guilty in slightly different-yet-similar ways, buuut... Wink

1. The proprietoress was in fact being persuasive with Talon; however, you will notice that I did not write that Talon was instantly won over, or even that the proprietoress was trying to twist Talon around all different ways. The simple act of a typical street bazaar hardsell (whether it's in the bazaar or elsewhere) is not the same as writing or hinting that the person has no choice but to agree. (Not to mention that she's basically a temporary NPC, and wuill disappear - no, Talon does not have permission to kill her or anyone associated with the shop - after this leg; that will be especially jarring now that she has had such a detailed encounter and built a bit of history, but it has to happen).

I personally think that Talon's 'sociopathic' persuasion ability is the same as (and just as unfair as) an all-powerful, indestructible weapon that always wins. I went along with Talon's persuasion in the case of the korambit; Whether I do or do not do so in future will depend upon the situation, but I do not agree that he should have such an absolute power over my or others' characters.

2. I wrote 'afterward, meaning 'after the group had left.' Thus, I do not understand how Talon could have heard about the keris, which was included merely as a sort of 'coloring agent,' so to speak. Does he have bionic hearing? Is he psychic? I guess I should have just come right out and written that it was mentioned after specifically Talon's departure. I'll remember that from now on.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:25:47 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #204 on: August 09, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »

My 2 cents as GM, I agree with Bailey on this.

I don't think you meant any harm by it, Steamcowboy, but do be aware that the method we've used for interacting with NPC's in these games, when the NPC is controlled by one particular player, is that they should be interacted with in the same manner as another player. (I've seen other sites and games treat NPCs differently, so this might be kind of a 'house rule' of this particular forum.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:22:37 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2012, 06:44:31 pm »

I really don't want to be a 'fussbudget,' and I'm probably just as guilty in slightly different-yet-similar ways, buuut... Wink

I personally think that Talon's 'sociopathic' persuasion ability is the same as (and just as unfair as) an all-powerful, indestructible weapon that always wins. I went along with Talon's persuasion in the case of the korambit; Whether I do or do not do so in future will depend upon the situation, but I do not agree that he should have such an absolute power over my or others' characters.

2. I wrote 'afterward, meaning 'after the group had left.' Thus, I do not understand how Talon could have heard about the keris, which was included merely as a sort of 'coloring agent,' so to speak. Does he have bionic hearing? Is he psychic? I guess I should have just come right out and written that it was mentioned after specifically Talon's departure. I'll remember that from now on.

ah, i must have missed the afterwards part. this forums a little different from what im used to so im used to a little different NPC interactions, my apologies.

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I haven't been in the best writing frame of mind over the past several days.

Added little bit of backstory for what's been happening to Ernst in the meantime. I'll try to get to how he came to the Vilhelm (*the ship we'll be hunting) and what happened to him after he signed the paper on VC3 soon...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2012, 01:43:32 am »

Pardon the long post, I've been reading SF spoofs. I guess Douglas Adams and the other authors kind of rubbed off on me. If the three NPCs demise is necessary, they can all die in the fire (geez, I'm so darkly cruel.. Tongue.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:45:52 am by MWBailey » Logged
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2012, 06:00:31 pm »

Had to goback and edit my last post because I hit the buttonby accident . What do y'all think?
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2012, 09:40:49 pm »

Usual disclaimer, my in-game comments are in-character only.

(I do like your character, Steamcowboy. Having someone play a bad guy as a PC keeps things interesting.)
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2012, 10:52:40 pm »

Now that begs the question, since I'm on the good guys team am I still the badguy or am I just a bad person
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2012, 11:16:58 pm »

Lou is drinking mead and from the ones i have tried they are pretty sweet.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2012, 11:32:23 pm »

My old man makes Mead that's like drinking liquid candy so you don't tastethe everclear or if he's feeling really nasty shine he cuts it with , till your stumbling over flat surfaces and he's rolling on the ground laughing atyou
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2012, 12:24:46 am »

Ren fare folk make things like that too.  I stick to soda or juice at parties.
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2012, 03:55:00 pm »

sorry for my absence I'm away at the moment and very busy starting up a new business for myself so have very little time free at present
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2012, 04:13:34 pm »

sorry for my absence I'm away at the moment and very busy starting up a new business for myself so have very little time free at present

*Green (Chartreuse, actually) with envy*
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »

So I have been reading a bunch of ghost stories and ghost hunting stuff and I was wondering of the high aether feilds woul act like high eltromagnetic feild ans cause fellings of worry paranoya and some halutonations in those suseptable.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2012, 06:21:22 pm »

So I have been reading a bunch of ghost stories and ghost hunting stuff and I was wondering of the high aether feilds woul act like high eltromagnetic feild ans cause fellings of worry paranoya and some halutonations in those suseptable.

Sounds interesting. I think it would be somewhat rare, (depending on the person) but more likely to occur in the stronger areas of the dark zones.

Should we do a timejump to testing the ship's guns?
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2012, 04:00:01 pm »

My apologies for any confusion yesterday.

Since there doesn't seem to be any objection to doing the weapons test next, I'll go ahead and set that up...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2012, 04:01:22 am »

Sorry to take so long; every time I tried to post, the infamous "IE cannot display the webpage" display came up. Just now managed to get through. Tongue
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2012, 04:13:50 am »

I just noticed my post from the board crash is gone.  I will fix that shortly.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2012, 08:44:35 pm »

Are we still alive?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2012, 09:04:36 pm »

I think we are if the board will stay up for longer than a few hours.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2012, 08:48:42 am »

Off to Thailand until the 1st. I have a way to work Roger and Jemima back into it as long as they haven't been NPC'd around the place. I'll also need a bit of a summary as to what's happened since I last posted... been a bit too busy to really do any of this stuff.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2012, 05:46:42 pm »

Other than assuming Jemima and Roger are still on the ship, I've tried not to 'NPC' them. My last post mentioning Roger was just a possible 'in' for your character to do something.

I'll PM you a summary of what's happened since Into the Dark, and what happens between now and when you return.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:48:52 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: