The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 23, 2018, 05:04:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Stars Await - OOC  (Read 18782 times)
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2012, 05:34:30 pm »

Corsair's idea sounds about right.

Mariah wants to find a doctor anyway, I think she'll be good with Bailey offering them a place on the ship. Or really any long-term passenger that could pay or work thier way on the ship, though she would ultimately be in charge of whether they could actually stay.

And yes, we can keep Heinrich.

---

*Surface-Runner, slang for shuttles and small ships that transport cargo between the planetside ports and large aetherships that can't normally land.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:41:11 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2012, 09:25:17 pm »

Should teh new doctor be one of the ones the Marshal was looking for (it being probably a British port, teh Marshal naturally would be out ofr his actual jurisdiction, I would think.)?

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2012, 02:28:17 am »

I Figured I ought to make a sheet for Heinrich:
Name: Heinrich Ayuuto
Sex: Male

History: Born in Germany; Biological fathe rdied in a freak railway accident. Mother remarried, to a Japanese minor public official. Heinrich thus has been raised in a Japanese household, and is rather quirky as a result.

Skills:Astrogation, some piloting, basic officer-candidacy type skills; is a dead shot with a revolver, and even better with a scoped rifle. Is a formidable swordsman with a katana.
Weapons and gadgets: service revolver, Mauser Bolt-action rifle with scope, officer's saber, Tanto dagger, katana. Carries a shepherd's sling in left trouser pocket; is a dead shot with it as well; profocient at throwing grenades with it.  Always has a bundle of survival tools on his belt; the damnedest things come out of it, often just when they're needed.

Clothing/Appearance: (feel free to use this avatar creator website.)

Crew position/desired position:Bridge Ensign
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:31:24 am by MWBailey » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2012, 04:54:24 pm »

Did I kill it?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:55:51 pm by MWBailey » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2012, 01:00:04 pm »

Hm, I'm a tad worried we'll start the whole 'NPC Army' thing again with the way we're going... granted these are basically 1-time appearance NPC's but the habit is dangerous.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2012, 04:54:12 pm »

Granted, too many NPCs can be unwieldy. I don't see a problem, however, on my end, since only Heinrich's gf carries a 'threat' of continuation; she's just there to give him a reason to be civil in public and a possible reason to cooperate with the rest of the crew. (ADDENDUM): she'll probably send him a Dear John letter sometime in the near future.

Graymonger's is just a place to buy a shemagh, and the "Swallow Laundry" incident is really just a pun taken to a higher level (heavily-laden? Yeah, now it's embarrassing. Oh, well... Wink)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:56:56 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2012, 10:57:58 pm »

As for my three

The two Morrison and Jameson are just non plus gunners/crew for when the **** hits the fan, perfectly killable

Bilge is essentially a pet I'll role play to help Lou out he's more of a send into the dangerous places to fix type of person than the chief mechanic

As a note how big is this ship, is it Serenity size or bigger? if it's bigger we'll need some nameless crew to fill in the spaces somewhat after all half a dozen people might well be able to fly a ship but not do much else

By the by I've taken it to be much bigger as it took several hours to search for stray crew 
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2012, 12:34:49 am »

I'm thinking the Sabertooth is a little bigger than the Serenity, minimum crew would be 8-10 people, so we shouldn't need too many more. (I was thinking roughly the same thing as far as having a few people to run the gun turrets though, so the new additions are OK by me.)

As for searching for stray crew, it would have been a little more thorough than just going room to room, as we would have had to search pretty much everywhere someone might be hiding, plus the time it would have taken to actually deal with anyone we found. (The time may be a little off actually, but mainly I was thinking it was taken up dealing with unforseen problems.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:40:56 am by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2012, 04:14:34 am »

Bilge is essentially a pet I'll role play to help Lou out he's more of a send into the dangerous places to fix type of person than the chief mechanic

Given that this was what I intended for Roger to be would you mind retconning him into a different role? (or getting rid of him entirely if that's easier). I don't want to be punching down your ideas but it'll just be messy having 3 mechanic characters controlled by 3 different players, it'll be challenging enough with 2.

Also, here's post-haircut Roger

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:38:06 am by The Corsair » Logged
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2012, 05:06:16 pm »

No problem I'll change bilge's role he's now just another body that just happens to know every inch of the ship, in his mind he owns the ship it's as much his as the captains he'll never do anything against the captain (not in his character) but will protect the ship above all else even it other crew members are in danger Bilge will look after the ship.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:13:59 pm by Cpt Wallace » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2012, 09:18:34 pm »

finishing up two paintings for donation to a raffle at a local music festival, scrounging my info and materials to go and get my new district badge (can't work in the classroom without it), and dealing with the gremlins that infest everyday life. And it's suddenly come up a gullywasher.

...Sooo ( Cheesy), I may be a bit before I can post anything. Maybe 8 pm tonight, but we'll see.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2012, 08:59:42 am »

Hmmm... are we still looking to add a doctor?

...And the bespectacled bookkeeper is just a passenger fare who can pay cash.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:13:01 am by MWBailey » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2012, 09:55:14 am »

suuure he is...

Yeah. I think we would need a doctor. Have him approach the crew and I'll take him over from there (and kill him when necessary) given that he's meant to be teaching Jemima

Nevermind, I'll introduce him
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2012, 05:30:21 pm »

Bayou City Music Festival; I'm taking the paintings down to the  festival site in just a few minutes, and will be there 'til late. I'll keep posting tonight and Friday and Saturday nights, but it'll be latenight. (after 11:00 or Midnight, Central (US) Time).
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2012, 02:21:56 am »

I have a question. I must have missed something earlier on because I have no clue who Heinrich is or what he does...

Also, I made Walter. I'll do a proper sheet for him a bit later.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:07:56 am by The Corsair » Logged
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2012, 03:16:25 am »

Heinrich was one of the old crew on the Sabertooth, he's the one Bailey stuck in the bridge locker when we took over the ship. He's pretty much a beginner pilot (technically the bridge ensign.) I figured he's sort of a co-pilot, or at least someone who can watch the controls in case Bailey has to do other stuff.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2012, 12:47:10 pm »

Are Dr Fitch's quarters by the medical bay? Or will we assume he was shown them on the way?
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2012, 05:00:12 pm »

Mariah showed him on the way up. I'm thinking the crew quarters are all in the same area, going roughly on what's been established so far about the interior layout, they're one deck below the medical bay.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2012, 09:23:31 am »

Heinrich was one of the old crew on the Sabertooth, he's the one Bailey stuck in the bridge locker when we took over the ship. He's pretty much a beginner pilot (technically the bridge ensign.) I figured he's sort of a co-pilot, or at least someone who can watch the controls in case Bailey has to do other stuff.

That's pretty much it; he's also good with weapons, especially with a katana, so he might be good as boarding or defensive support.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2012, 03:57:55 pm »

Hope the setup for this episode hasn't been too rough.

We'll be running into some of the alien creatures soon (I'll introduce them in a bit, once we get underground.) Seems the mine has uncovered something unexpected during thier recent expansions...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2012, 04:20:27 pm »

Maybe that old infantry walker will get some use in the field it was designed for, after all. I wonder where the guns and/or sword are... Wink
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »

Most of the alien creatures (with their new bodies) aren't that capable yet, but they are quite intelligent and will adapt very quickly...
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2012, 10:47:09 pm »

hmmmm.... never scalped me an alien before "licks lips" could be fun

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2012, 01:56:22 am »

Edited my last post slightly, I'll be offline for a while so I'll work on it in a bit.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2012, 03:18:43 am »

Lou gets too much in to her work for her own good.  I figure a lot of them witll be holed up under the genarator to cause trouble.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: